IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

well. there were bright spots. Shot bogey golf 45+45 =90. Hit six fairways, 3 GIRs and 2 Saves and only 1 three putt, with five pars on the round. Front nine felt looser and more comfortable with my swing--short distance but largely in the middle. Back nine got wild as i tried to hit harder and got tired,

overall, more control, still casting and losing distance.

El Aleman kicked my butt. he gave me 10 strokes and then proceeded to shoot a 73.

58!!!  Well, okay, I only played 14 holes since just the "flat seven" were open at our city's executive course.  Went around the "flat seven" twice, the first time in fairly dense fog.  "Par" on the seven is "27" so I played decently with a couple major lapses.  Nice to be out swinging a club instead of a snow shovel.  ;-)

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

63°F calm with overcast skies. Played nine with my friend for the first real outing of the year (hit balls and practiced a couple times) I shot 34 ( -1) 2 birdies 1 bogey hit 8/9 gir. Have to say it felt really good. 

40-40-80 Black Heath Course at Ford's Colony on Friday in the rain and slop with @GolfLug.  Best of the three courses, IMO. Great time with V and some good food and beer at Oceans & Ale.

39-36-75 On Saturday 1 birdie

37-38-75 Today 1 birdie

Not often you get to play 4 days in a row in January, including a 9 hole round on Thursday of 40.

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Well, almost had El Alemán. He gives me 10 strokes and at the turn, he had 43 and I was at 45. I was faltering on the back nine when I chipped in for a birdie from 25 yards on 15 to get back to 3 strokes in front. And the wheels came off. A triple bogie at 16, bogie at 17 and double on 18. He finished at 79 and I ended at 92.

bright spots, 7 fairways, 3 GIRs, 1 save and 33 putts. Two birdies and two pars.

maybe next time...

On 1/21/2017 at 2:14 PM, bkuehn1952 said:

58!!!  Well, okay, I only played 14 holes since just the "flat seven" were open at our city's executive course.  Went around the "flat seven" twice, the first time in fairly dense fog.  "Par" on the seven is "27" so I played decently with a couple major lapses.  Nice to be out swinging a club instead of a snow shovel.  ;-)

I'm surprised you could see the ball with all of the fog.   I drove home yesterday from Clinton Twp and the visibility was about 300 ft.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Home course trainning for a mid-am tournament 2 weeks ahead. 

Played 2 rounds, 73-76, 13-12 GIR. Both day`s 36 degrees Celsius, really hot day`s. I played without a glove, my hands where sweat, really hard to swing like that.

I aim at the middle of the green everytime, but unfortunately all my green misses where mostly shortsided.
So only 25% up/down. 

Shot 45+42 = 87, playing with @jsgolfer at Ford's Colony (Black Heath) on a rain drenched but fun day. My chipping yips and pull draw showed up again in the worst possible conditions. The chipping mechanics are just horrible at the moment and stuck in between patterns. We turned around and played 12 more holes and stopped only because my club kept slipping out of my hand. Grips just got too wet and cold.

On the last hole par 3 that we played, I swung my 6 iron well enough to make contact but the club flew out of my hands in the follow through about 40 yards down the hill off the high perched tee box.. :-). Thought I stress cracked my left forearm again but it's not feeling as bad three days after.

Vishal S.

2 hours ago, GolfLug said:

... my club kept slipping out of my hand. Grips just got too wet and cold.

If you are ever going to play in those conditions again, get some rain gloves.

• Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn

89, which is my highest score this year. ....so far.....I think

At least a 2-3 club wind sent up here from SoCal. No such thing as a straight putt. Had to factor in the ground wind on some of the greens, which I didn't do well at. Had 40 putts, which is another highest number for the year. . 

Any full swing ball that was high enough, was heading to Utah, maybe Northern Arizona. Throw in a few sprinkles, and conditions could be considered some what brutal.

At the turn, we traded our trollies in for a cart. The counter guy took pity on us and let us have it for free. 

Not sure why we even played today, but all in all, it was still a great day to be alive, and we did have a good time. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

17 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

If you are ever going to play in those conditions again, get some rain gloves.

Thanks! I looked them up and am going to get me some. I have 'winter' gloves but didn't know they have special wet gloves too. Would have come in really handy last Friday... 

• Upvote 1

Vishal S.

Well ...  I matched my all time best today with a 39-49=88.The front 9 was hot with 4 pars and a birdy! The back 9 was just bad! I was also playing with borrowed clubs because PING is a week late sending my new clubs. (Whole other story) Any way ...  It was a good day!

PING G30 irons 4-pw, uw, sw, lw.

Callaway Big Bertha V-Series driver, 3 wood and Heavenwood. 

Odyssey White Hot putter with 5.0 fatso grip.

Titleist DT Trusoft balls

Great weather yesterday, golf game was good except for 3 holes.

40-40-80 - 3 doubles (Ugh)  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

40-38-78 1 birdie (a foot from a hole in one) and 2 doubles (ugh) - Can't seem to get away from one or two dumb holes.  

-Jerry

I had an 82 yesterday. Went to the course just to practice, and at the last minute decided to play 18 instead. I don't normally play on weekends, but for some reason the course was empty, and the weather was good. 

Had 30 putts, with 10 bogies, and 8 pars. I was consistant throuh out the round, which for me is a good thing. No real bad shots, and no spectacular ones either. 

Just a nice day out of doors. :-D

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Shot a 9 over 79 yesterday with two penalty shots.  Birdied the 10th,12th and 13th and was 4 over going on to the 15th and somehow only managed 79. Still I've got to be happy as I'm only back playing golf 4 months after a 5yr lay-off. Off 12 now after starting with 19, so it's going pretty well all in all

On 28/1/2017 at 8:58 PM, p1n9183 said:

Borring round but holed some putts at the end for a 38-34: 72 ( even par ) at my home course. 71.2 rating

Next day score the same numbers on each hole of the first 9 holes. Really wierd, but said, hey! i`m going to shoot 34 on the back :D. Well... no.. shoot 39 for a 77 (5 over). 

So.. 72+77 = 149 (5 over). Exactly my average. No complaings there.