IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

93 at Golf Club of Illinois in 40 mph winds. I actually hit the ball quite well, but with how the wind was blowing, it was just a ton of golf course. Several Par-4s I hit a good drive, followed by a good 3-wood and was 40 yards short of the green. The wind was blowing a strange direction today, all of the 430+ par 4s played into the wind and all of the short holes played downwind.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

93 at Golf Club of Illinois in 40 mph winds. I actually hit the ball quite well, but with how the wind was blowing, it was just a ton of golf course. Several Par-4s I hit a good drive, followed by a good 3-wood and was 40 yards short of the green. The wind was blowing a strange direction today, all of the 430+ par 4s played into the wind and all of the short holes played downwind.

Golf is a totally different game in the wind...totally agree.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Another so-so round of 45 on the back of The Willows. I am suffering from an attack of...ahem, banana ball. Solid iron and wedge play is helping me stick it close, in a few cases all I had was a tap-in. I chipped in on the par-5 12th for a birdie, but followed it with an OB shot off 13 tee leading to a triple. Ugh.

Took a tip I read in Golf Digest about short putts - take a short backswing (only two or three inches) and speed up through the ball. I'm money within five feet now, only 16 putts, but the banana ball is holding me back now. (It's not outside-in, I've checked again and again.)
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I stopped keeping track of my score today. lol

Coming into the day my goal was better iron striking and par 3 play. Well I played the par 3's +1 today with 2 birds, but played the par 5's horrible, my driving was wretched today, I mean bannana slice everytime. Didnt get it squared away till the last hole which required a driver, I bombed one 260-270. I don't count this round as anything other than practice :D

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

Today i had a great round and shot 79, (40/39) my friend also broke 90 for the first time this year with an 87 so we were both happy. I missed a couple birdie chances that coulda had me at a 77. I am finally out of my slump and hitting everything good. My putting needs some work now. I actually managed to hit a driver 295 today. Just cant reach that 300 yet.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Shot 82 yesterday. 39-43. Had a really rough back nine, some bad holes.

In My Bag :

Driver : HiBore XL
3 Wood : Launcher Gold
Hybrid : 3i Halo 22*Irons : CG4 4-PWWedges : 588 DSG RTG 52* CG11 56* / 60*Putter : GM Exchange2 #4Ball : Z-URS

95 this afternoon in a very lack lustre round. 2 penalty strokes. 38 putts. I just didn't hit many good shots. I really feel like I could shave off 10 strokes if I could just stop making stupid mistakes.

I shot an 84, I suck pretty bad, only started playing 2.5 weeks ago

In my Essex Stand Bag:
3 Wood: F/Speed - Aldila S Graphite Shaft
Hybrid: Halo 3i 22° - R Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Glass Bead - Lob Wedge - 60°Putter: Tour Collection MX400 (LOVE IT!)Ball: HX-Tour 56 - Pro-V1XHome Courses: Stone Mountain Golf Course (73.5/134)

92 on a 72.1/128.

Same old crap, 43 on the front (a nice front 9 for me) and 49 on the back. Oh well, made some nice shots though...just need to put together a complete round one of these days.

Last Sunday ( a week ago ), and for the previous 2 or 3 rounds, I couldn't swing my driver worth a damn. The rest of my game was OK. But, I just didn't give myself much of a chance off the tee. A good friend, and much better golfer, sugested the Momentus Heavy Hitter Training aid. I practiced during the week with this weighted driver. I swung it before most of my tee shots during my round yesterday. Result: I split most of the fairways. My chipping was also as good as it has ever been. I shot my lowest score ever, an 82. I had 7 pars, 9 bogies. and 1 double bogey ( par 71 course ); also, I had 29 putts. No dramatics during the round: 40 on the front, 42 on the back. This was the most consistent round I've ever played. I have a tee time this Thursday, and I hope I'm able to retain a little of the consistency. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy replaying Sunday's round in my mind.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

41 on back nine of Bethpage Blue yesterday. 1 birdie, 4 pars, 2 bogeys and 2 doubles. I could have made some better course management decisions (aim, hitting out of rough) and turned those doubles into bogeys or better and get in the 30s. Pretty happy considering I'm working through swing and putting changes. If I could just putt and chip better, I can definitely smell 35 for 9. Choked on the last hole knowing I could break 40 though. You live and learn.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had everything working on Saturday. I had a 36 on the front and a 37 on the back. I had 15 GIR. Made almost every putt inside 12 feet. I did miss a 2 and a half footer. GRRR.

O well I can't complain at all since this beat my previous best score by 5 (78) which I had earlier this year. I have been playing great golf in the past few weeks. In my last 6 round I have shot a 73,78,80,80,81,83.

The course I play wasn't the easiest course either. The course rating was a 72.2 with a slope of 119.

Driver : SQ Sumo 5000 9.5˚ VS 65 proto
3 Wood : V steel
Irons : MP-32 3-PW
Wedges : R-series 56˚ & 60˚
Putter : Tri-Force 2Ball : Pro V1x

Up and Down round on Friday, 3 birds, 3 doubles, OB ....all for an 81. Even thru 4 on back then double, double...finished decent (+1 on last 3). Putting is RIDICULOUS. Im averaging over 40 putts a round, any pointers???

10/14 fairways...not shabby,
11/18 gir....below what i would like,
33 putts this round....only cuz chips were getting a little closer when i would miss the greens.

Seems like I struggle to two putt when I actually do hit in regulation...oh well just a weekend golfer, guess short game can't be great.

Sumo 5000 10.5 Aldila NV 65-X Driver
PC-III 4-SW irons
Custom Putter
Pro-V1 Balls

I played 3 rounds last week on a semi-golf trip/family vacation. First round was a 77 which I was ecstatic about considering it was my first round in the 70's this year.

Then 3 days later I posted a 78 in a most peculiar fashion. I started double, double and posted a third double on the front 9 but had a birdie to diminish one of them a bit. Anyways a 9 over 45 on the front due to some nasty putting and missed greens. The back was a whole different story... if not a little DR Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde. I shot a 3 under 33 which is my best 9 holes ever.

Third round played another 3 days later... posted a solid 79 with three 3 putts and 3 holes within a PW second shot that I missed due to premature birdie thinking and not focussing!!! Anyways, that's three straight rounds in the 70's after having gone the entire year without breaking 80.

I have to attribute some saved strokes to my new irons that I got about a month ago. In those 3 rounds I know I mishit about a half a dozen shots without being penalized.

What's In my bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R5 Dual 9.5* UST Proforce V2 77g S
3Wood: Mizuno F-60 13.5* Mizuno Exsar 75S
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 3/4 Aldila VS Proto 80SIrons: Adams Pro Forged (5-PW) True Temper Black Gold SWedges: Cleveland 588 (3) 50, 588 (DSG) 54 & 60Putter: Ping i-Series Craz-EBalls:.....

108 at Berkshire Valley in NJ. Hands down one of the best public courses in NJ. Only 3-4 years old, meticulously well maintained, front 7 plays like a mountain course, 8-16 plays like a links course, and 17/18 play like a regular course. Amazing, tough but amazing....really looking forward to playing at Harbour Town in Hilton Head, heading down there for vacation in two weeks.

• Administrator

Hit the ball pretty well, really, but botched two holes on the front BIG time. Took ESC doubles. Couldn't buy most putts, but wasn't putting badly. Two tap-in birds on the front par fives after reaching both greens with 5- and 6-iron respectively.

Score: 38/38 = 76
Putts: 15/16 = 31 (blech)
Front: two birds, two doubles (2 lost balls, or four wasted shots)
Back: two bogeys, 7 pars
GIR: 6/6 = 12 (66.7% wow)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A very disappointing 86. First tee was a disaster, but recovered with a well hit 9 wood(we,re talking a 302 yard short par 4 and a 160 yard second shot) to the collar. made bogie. (See, I told you the first tee was a disaster.)
Second tee wasn't much better. Wrong fair way, behind a tree, no chance of reaching, made bogie.
Third hole was a classic, driver, 9 wood to 15 ft., good birdie try. F***in' 3 putt, and the third was a 4 foot tester.
You get the idea. The day could not get any worse! Wrong! I got a case of the "peeks" that I didn't reconize till the 16th hole (Funny how we can miss such an obvious flaw).
Went par,par,par, the final 3 holes, with 2 real birdie chances. I was lucky to get away with anything under 90.
I think 90 is about what I average, but like most golfers I think I am better than I will ever be.

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!