IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Yesterday, another up and down round.

39 (+4) on the front 9 with only 2 pars (On 8 & 9) and one double and 4 bogeys. Luckily I had back to back birdies on 2 & 3.

39 (+3) on the back 9 with 1 bogey and 1 double and 7 pars.

39-39-78  

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 75 today. 

39 on the front (+3) and 36 on the back (0) 

struck my irons very well but had horrid lines. Driving was pretty nice. Chipping and pitching left a lot to be desired but I putt really well. 

Also had had my first eagle ever which was awesome. About a 14 footer breaking from right to left. 

Thought i I was going to shoot mid 80s after I started bogey, bogey, bogey on the back but battled back with eagle par birdie on the last three holes to bring it to even for the 9. 

I'm really happy with how I'm putting. I need to keep that up the whole year 

Shot a new personal best of 78 last night! First time in the 70s. Did it at the Airport Golf Course in Columbus, Ohio. Pretty easy and wide open course. Went 40-38.

Putting was lights out by my standards, averaged 1.6 putts, had 29 total putts, and 1 putted the last 4 holes (all for pars). Only had one 3 putt. The first time I played this course about a month ago I had 38 putts. I tried a semi-aimpoint approach with regards to reading the greens. I used my feet to detect slope, and the majority of the time the feeling was level with no break which was correct, previously I tried to play break when it wasnt there. Reading with my feet really helped. Throughout the round I made a 15 footer for a par save and a 25 footer for par save.

Drove the ball pretty solid as well, most drives were around 245-250, with the furthest getting out to 263 (based on my golfpad GPS app on my phone)

Chipping was much more solid that it usually is as well, I decided before the round that every chip shot would be taken with my 56 degree wedge (only wedge I have right now besides PW) and ended up getting pretty comfortable with the 56 by the end of the round. Still had a couple chips that popped up too high without enough roll, but just something I can practice.

Ended up with 4 bogeys, 1 double, and the rest pars. 33% GIR

Best hole was the 18th. Going into the 18th I knew I had to get a 5 to break 80. Hole is slight dogleg right par 4. Pin was back right on green. Drive was a pull to the left, maybe 5 yards off the fairway, but under some trees. Used a 5 iron to punch out into the fairway, had about 50-60 yds to the flag. Knowing that if I could get on the green with my next shot and 2 putt I'd have a 79, the goal was to land the ball in the middle of the green. I pitched it middle/right of the green, ball kept rolling and stopped 6 inches in front of the hole! Tapped in for the par and a 78 overall. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Pretty normal round for me today. 30 putts, 9 pars, and 9 bogies. (40/41) Nothing really bad, or spectacular. Just consistent. Did have a couple of chips lip out that would have went for birdies. Going again tomorrow. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

10.7 differential yesterday at Pierce Lake.  I have been struggling.  With the wet turf, hitting 1-3 clubs more into many holes is pretty routine.  It is still very early in the season so there is still time to fix the parts of my game that are not performing.

Brian Kuehn

Overall....there is still a lot of rust, but I have hope for 2017!

The wind blew hard in Kansas City last weekend and I played both Saturday and Sunday.  The winds were 23-33 sustained with gusts approaching 40. The wind was ridiculous.   I know there are a few golfers in this forum nearby and I would love to hear if they actually teed it up in that wind!!!??  My regular weekend group didn't play Saturday so I paired-up.......there were a few cluster-fks in front of us so I skipped around the course and didn't keep a score.  I played 18, but the course traffic was spotty due to the high winds and I was all over course avoiding the clusters...LOL

Sunday:  Drumm Farm: 72.5CR 137Slope......Howling winds!                                                                                                                                                                                                 This was my best ball striking day so far this year.  40-39= 79   I made 14 pars in all that wind........The crazy thing is I made 3 stupid doubles from just off the green caused by poor short game shots!!!!  (short game is my strength!).......the rust!!  lol    I never made a birdie either..........just pars..

A character building round to be sure! LOL                        

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

2nd best differential ever, 10.0, on a par 58 executive (55.2/99).  Three 3 putts which is pretty good for me on that course, from certain spots on the greens the best you can hope to do on your first putt might be 10 feet or so from the hole.  Longest putt made was only 9 feet.  One penalty point which is really good for me, I hit my drive into a lateral water hazard but still got par on the hole.

Tecolote 20170412.PNG

Edited by No Mulligans

Played pretty well yesterday, one bad wedge shot lead to a dumb bogey (longest drive I ever hit on 10, missed the green from 85 yards hitting a fat lob wedge, hole is 430 Yds) and one bad second shot (into the pond on 16, smothered 7 iron from left rough) led to a double but overall a good day on the course.   Finished par, par after the double and missed two birdie putts from inside of 15 feet on each of the holes.

37-40-77  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Played the local muni at Texas A&M yesterday for 6$ walking 9 holes with some guys. 34 (-2). Putted really bad, my two birdies were kick ins. Had 3 other looks from 5-8 feet I missed. 3 putted a par 5 I hit in 2 for par. Granted, the greens are similar to putting on cauliflower so I was content.

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9.0 Aldila Rogue Silver X-Stiff I Taylormade M2 3 wood Fujikara 661 Speeder X-Stiff I Callaway Apex 3 Iron UST Mamiya Recoil 780 ES F5 X-Stiff I Mizuno MP-59 4-PW Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff I Mizuno Wedges (Blue) 52_56_60 Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex I Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0 USA Edition I Taylormade Tour Preferred 

Home Course, 34/38 (+1). The club keep setting ridiculus flag position on slope. Good ball striking.

Yesterday I was +3 (35) on 9 holes at my local executive course. 5 pars & 1 birdie, 4 GIR. The conditions are still very wet here, but man, I really had a fun time.

I have been starting to fly the greens, so I have to take less club on every hole, which makes the game easier. Fingers crossed, I think all the off-season practice and lessons is starting to pay off.

40 - 38 : 78 (+6) at my home Course. My Irons where all over the place.

At least im hitting them with a pretty draw.

Best round of golf for me so far this morning (5th round since starting)

Shot 43 on the front 9 (+8) but couldn't quite make it count on the back 9 and scored 47 (90 total) but I am still delighted, with a bit of luck I could have sank more putts for bogey rather than leaving them just short for double. 

My aim for this year is to get to 18 handicap but if you take my current handicap of 26 off my score its 64 nett which I'm thrilled with. No wonder people hate players that sandbag strokes in the club tournaments! 

Next week I am going to give myself 20 strokes and see if that helps me kick on through the back 9 - If i'm completely honest with myself a bit of complacency kicked in and I was just going through the motions over the last 5. 

Enjoy your Easter golf guys! 

I don't know what I shot, left after 12, got disgusted with people's behavior. Yesterday the course was backed up. One of our foursome was cussing and slamming clubs, another was whining and blaming his poor shots on everything but himself.

Had an early tee time yesterday to stay a head of the holiday weekend rush. Shot an 80. 40-40 with 10 pars, 8 bogies, and 29 putts. We had a good time. Played with some old friends I had not seen in a while who were up here from SoCal visiting. Made them pay.....:-P

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Played 36 holes today.

First 18 was our golf season long fourball tournament.  There are 4 twosomes in each flight and you play everyone once, winners of the flight go to the knockout round of 32.  Along with several wild cards.

We won 3-0, so looking good so far.

Shot 39-36-75 with 2 birdies, no doubles (woohoo).

Second 18 with my Dad and my wife shot 36-38-74, only one birdie.  Game is rounding into shape.  

Edited by jsgolfer

-Jerry

Friday's round: 91

GIR 5/18  but 16/18 nGIR.   Fairways 5/14 but 12/14 close enough.  1 birdie with 3 pars.  36 putts with 3 3 putts and 5 holes with 2 chips..:angry:

Saturday's round: 92

GIR 3/18 but 12/18 nGIR.  Fairways 9/14 but 12/14 close enough. 1 birdie with 3 pars.  33 putts with 3 3 putts and 5 holes with 2 chips!

Glaring weakness is my chipping and putting.   I realize it is early in the season and these are my second and third rounds but still...If I could fix these problems, When I fix these problems I'll be happier with my game.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

79 at Papago in Phoenix. Not bad considering I had 2 doubles and a triple. I also had 4 birdies and could have had 8. I had one lip out, one pitch hit the stick and didn't drop, and missed two very good opportunity putts. 

Trollin' is the life