IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Today I shot an "I ****ing give up." 50 adj. on the front. Skipped the last few holes on the back, but I wasn't going to break 100. I would guesstimate a gross score of 105. 

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Still on fire.

37-36-73 with one three putt on the front 9, and 3 birdies and 3 bogeys on the back 9.  But the birdies on 10, 17 & 18 really made for a good round.  10 & 18 are two of the harder holes on the course, I was inside 100 yards on 10 (430 yd par 4) down wind but I'm never this far (day before I was 85 Yds out) and into a really stiff wind on 18 today, was 130 Yds out (400 yd par 4)

It sure is nice playing well.  :beer:

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

85 on Saturday morning for the first round of the year.  Played with a couple guys who are just starting out, so we played very short tees (5800 yds or so).  Iron play was on all day, but 3 hooked tee shots (OB) in the first 6 holes led to 3 triples and a rough start.  Played well the rest of the day to salvage it though, and also learned that you still have to make putts even from short tees haha...had 4 or 5 three putts.  Fun time all around!

- Bill

I shot a 91 on Saturday, to tie my personal best...

...after making a 9 on the first hole.  :mad:

The quest to break 90 continues, but I'm (for the first time) encouraged that it will happen this year.  Even a triple bogey on that first hole would have given me an 89!

• Upvote 1

- John

I played with the wife yesterday afternoon and managed to shoot a 73. Golf course is pretty short (6100 yards), the only reason I'm posting this is because I was 3 under after the 14 hole! You can imagine how well I played the last four holes.:-(

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

4 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

I shot a 91 on Saturday, to tie my personal best...

...after making a 9 on the first hole.  :mad:

The quest to break 90 continues, but I'm (for the first time) encouraged that it will happen this year.  Even a triple bogey on that first hole would have given me an 89!

You will break through - once you do, it just gets easier to do it again and again; you'll be amazed how much of a mindset thing it is. That and carrying on with the practice ;-). Same with breaking eighty though; you put up loads of mental blocks on it and after a while, you realise it's actually nowhere near as difficult as you had thought!

Mine was a 79 today. Didn't play brilliantly, but not many really bad shots, bar two poor tee shots on 10 and 11 - made a par from one and a double from the other. Had putts on 9 of the 18 holes that could have gone in, but just grazed the edges or stayed a little short, so that was disappointing, but otherwise, couldn't ask for much more. Need to be a bit more assertive with the putter and keep working on the full swing, but otherwise, things are looking up. Aim remains to break into the single digit handicap this year.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Yesterday - windy as can be.  Played a local club on the whites - totally different course that way.  pretty neat.  An 80 on a par 71.  Only one birdie.  Nice course, not crowded.  Not as good as two weeks ago, but a lot better than last weekend.  I need to just get things dialed up a bit better.  Short game better.  But some pretty misses on full swings.  Had a super hot 6 iron though - that's nice.

Bill - 

42-42-84 today. 3 three putts and a bad triple bogey killed me today. On a positive note though, my irons were spot on and my new "power fade" driving is getting better and better! 

So the trend continues.  

Started bogey, bogey, bogey, played the next 15 even, birdie on 18 for the second consecutive day to finish the round.  

38-36-74 

2 birdies, 5 bogeys, 11 pars

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

81 at Mt. Woodson today. Things felt pretty good. Driver was working as were irons. Putting , left some short, greens were slower than what I've been playing. Thought I was going to get a second sub 80 round, I should never do that, bogey 17, double 18. 

• Administrator

Played the back tees with a 5I, 9I, and a putter today. Par, par, narrowly missed par (bogey), bogey, bogey, par, bogey, bogey, par.

Not too bad. Just couldn't get to some of the holes today with a 5I off the tee.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Shot an 84 today on a par 71 course, so my 13 handicap is safe. First time I have played in 2 months so there was a lot of inconsistency. Some of it was wonderful, and some of it was as ugly as Hell!

82... 2 birdies, 6 pars, 8 bogeys and 2 doubles. My no high risk chipping and pitching, is helping my scoring a lot.... I only hit 3 GIRs but had par putts on almost every other hole, I did have 5 scrambling pars and a chip-in birdie on 14... It seemed the only holes I didn't have a par putt on were the two doubles, but that was my own fault for being out of position.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

51-X

Kittyhawk, Hawk Course

First post-tax-season round and the best thing that I can say about it was that it was exceptionally quick. Had a solo 1 p.m. tee time and walked 18 in 2:30 flat. That's gotta be some kind of record for the Wagner Ford Rd. munis. 

The golf itself is sort of back to day one, square one. In the traps for the entire front nine and the water hazards on the back nine. After pulling the tee shot on No. 12 into the water, I put the scorecard out of my misery. By the end I felt like I couldn't be sure I was doing anything right from the grip on up.

Really feels like I'm starting over again.

Shot a 42 on par 35.  Match play.  Beat my opponent 5.5 - 3.5

I had : 4 pars...3 bogeys....2 doubles

Good:  Driving.  I am not a long hitter but very consistently in the fairway or just off of the fairway.  I hit 4/7 and the other 3 were a total of maybe 5 yards off.  Opponent hit two drives in the trees and duffed another one.

Bad:  short putts which are my biggest weakness, by far.  3-5 foot range. I missed three of these yesterday

All in all a solid round.

38-37-75 Yesterday, 1 birdie, one three putt (50')

Hit the ball really well, if not for bad wedge shots on 1 and 10 (both from 125 yds), score would've been even a little better.

-Jerry

44-45-89

Very strange round. I drove it as well as I have in years but nothing to show for it, mainly because of my mid-irons and some boned wedges. I had birdie opportunities on some of the toughest holes and made horrible double bogies on some of the easiest. Short game range finally opened yesterday and I plan to spend a lot of time there.

Bill M

I have a long way to go.......I still can't play a complete round.  

72.5CR 137slope: 42-39=81

it's just a matter of time knocking the rust off.......it's all good!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch