IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

37-39-76 bogeyed 16,17&18. Ugh!

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

72 (Par 70) - Played two balls on nine holes and ended with 5 bogeys, 3 birdies.

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

League night. Shot 1 under 35. Fairways were a lil soft from the rain. 

9/9 GIR, 7/7 FWs. 2 birdies, 1 bogey. Had some good looks at the edges.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/1531261

• Upvote 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Shot bogey golf, 90. At a fairly forgiving course, from a teebox OB perspective.  But mainly learned that I got fatigued on the back nine. That's something I can improve just by playing more. I could feel the wheels falling off, as every swing felt like I was getting creaky. By the last few holes, I was just cobbling together shots to advance them any way that I could!

Not sure how I got out of shape this badly, but perhaps it was the heat and sun I'm not used to- probably mid 80s out there with direct sunlight for most of it.

While not my best golf, I'll take it. Was interesting to just hold on down the stretch as I came in double-bogey, double-bogey, double-bogey. I've played one round each month this year, (the others were on shortened courses with lots of temp greens and tee boxes so they only approximated "real" rounds) and this was my worst score, worst FIR, worst GIR- so it's good to get that one out of the way. Gotta get in shape for a TST gathering in a little over a week!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Only got to play 12 holes yesterday, started bogey-bogey and then played 3-under the rest of the way.  hopefully my good play will continue this weekend as we have our first tournament of the year Saturday and Sunday.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Had an early tee this morning, scheduled by others. Shot an 91 in 35-45 mph winds, on a course that offered few wind breaks.

Along about the 4th hole, the idea of staying in bed this morning made a lot of sense.

Pretty much used my 7W for most of my shots, as I can consistently keep the ball lower with this club. Of course my distance suffered. 

Putting was a "pita" since I had to adjust some putts due to ground wind. I am not good at this part of the game.

All in all we had a good time, and of course, there is never a bad day when out golfing. 

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

First round today since deciding to start all over with my swing. I'm a 24.8 handicap, so clearly I have a lot of work to do. 

It was an interesting round. I struck my irons better than I have in, maybe, my whole life. The problem was that I just could not get off the tees. When I got off the tees reasonably I made par. Otherwise I threw up a crooked number. This was the strangest hole breakdown I can ever remember:

6 pars

2 bogeys

8 doubles

2 >double

Duck hooks or hard pulls off the tee were my biggest issue. One or two slices (which used to be my problem) but mostly all left off the tee. Irons? Crisp, straight, most everything went exactly where I wanted. If I missed, it was a straight pull (this was happening early but settled down as the round went on). I loved my chipping and putting but need to solve my long club game. Most of my struggles were 4i down to my woods and drivers. 

My score was nothing to talk about, but I'm extremely encouraged with how I struck the irons today. With some work on my long clubs I think I can get somewhere this year.

It was a beautiful day to golf!!!!  Sunny and 75..Woohoo..

3rd round of the year in League play and for the 3rd time I shot a 42.  Consistent!!

Good - Driving accuracy.  Second shots were better than usual.

Bad:  Putts in the 2-8 foot range, as usual.  I had 18 putts, but could have had 14-15 if I had made the shorter ones.

I won 5/9 points.  Match Play.  Gave my opponent a stroke on 7 holes.  

• Administrator

37, yesterday, from the gold tees at Whispering Woods yesterday on the back nine.

I had only an 8I. I parred the first eight holes but left my 20-footer for par on the 18th hole a foot short. It was 350 yards or so, so getting there in two was not quite possible.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

82 on a very windy day at Burnham and Berrow (6700 yards so standard scratch would have been about 75). Didn't hit many fairways, but decent distance and not that many godawful shots meant I scored pretty well. I was actually -2 through 4 at one point early on, as well. It's the first time I've ever been 2 under in my life and was very exciting until I bogeyed the next...

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

46+46 = 92

bogie golf. Was not hitting the ball well 3/13 FWs and 4 GIRs, plus short game was poor, only 1 save and two three-putts. 

Did not get my practice swings done this week and think that hurt. Hit a bucket of balls with 7i afterward

76 - 73 at my home Course. 

Good improvements on ball striking. 11 and 14 GIR. 

Need to work on ball speed, lots of 3 putt this weekend

Played the weekend, pinched a nerve in my neck during front 9, couldn't turn my neck for the second 9.  Shot my highest score ever on Springfield.  42-48-90, 1st round of our Ringer tournament.  Came back the next day after my wife worked my neck over and shot 36-40-76.  Ended winning most improved golfer for for the tournament (+14 turn around) And that is with playing last 3 holes 3 over.  

Never knew how hard it is to swing a club when you can't move your head at all.

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

two rounds this weekend

76 on a 73 (best of the year, hit almost every fairway and was getting up and down)

86 on a 72 (missing fairways on a course with links style front nine - so lost balls.  dubbing my short chips a lot - but some good stuff, just not enough - made some seriously cool putts)

gotta hate the game so much when day to day can get huge swings.

I think I brought home about 200 balls from the woods - it's was very slow groups in front of me both days

Bill - 

83- the hard way. 45-38 (6354-par 71)

All over the track on the front in extremely windy conditions (steady 20-25, gusts 30+). However, did keep the flailing wild duck hooks out of the game (well, maybe one- but not quite as flailing). After that duckish hook on 10 (took a 6), settled in and started hitting fairways and greens (fringes) with a birdie on 13. 

I'll take it since it was the first "real" round on home territory, with the weather and social obligations having hindered my playing since Florida back in March. Range work in meantime seemed to help with the pull hooks that have been a bugaboo the last few seasons. A bit more aggressive with the irons seemed to help a bit. But in that wind, ANY bit of an off hit would have been pushed all over the place.

What a difference good weather makes. Last week in high winds, I carded a 90 something. Today, on the same course, in perfect weather, I carded a 78. 30 putts, 12 pars, with 6 bogies. That's more like it.

Shot of the day was a 230 yard, down hill, 3W to about 15' from the pin. Ended up with a 2 putt par.

Son in law is buying lunch. :-D

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer: