IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Unofficial 40 (+5) Tuesday night. Buncha bogs and pars. No DBs and no OBs..

Unofficial 42 (+7) Wednesday night. More buncha bogs. Driver gone a bit cold. Lot of punching out and missing 10-15 for pars.

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Got out for nine.  First time out in 3 weeks?   Started db after my driver kissed the turf pre impact and the ball finished about 190 away :~(...nothing went great.  Made nothing  on the greens.  42.

If I don't play or practice more my handi is gonna be rising this year.  Shot shape is normal but my iron dispersion  was too much.  Made a bogey from 110 out in fairway on 2 after a slightly heavy wedge ended up well short for example.  3 made a nice par and 4.  5 again almost missed green right from 80 out and 3 jacked from twenty five feet.  Six put approach in right bunker from 145 on a slight side hill lie in light rough and didn't get close.   7 missed green right by ten feet or so from 155...8 was decent made easy par after having a look from 6 feet from 130.  

I had fun out there though.  Just doing my no thinking free swinger thing.  Seems like my driver distance is a bit less but I have gained some on my irons since going to my current maintenance strategy with a few backyard swings each day.

It's fun to swing the sticks.

Time for a cocktail.

45, but more important, with less pain. Bicep has healed. The wrist is better and I wear a brace that helps. The knee wasn't wonky this time out and my SI joint was a non-issue. I'm feeling more like I've played golf and less like I played rugby after a round.

So I have that going for me, which is nice. :-P

• Upvote 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

36-34 =70. Bogey on 18 prevented the breaking of 70... with the exception of two punches from the trees all full swing shots curved to the right (left handed) some I just didn't push enough. 14 GIR

Titleist 913 D3 project x 7c3
Trident Golf 3w, 5w Apollo stepless steel stiff+
Mizuno MP-60 (4-6) Mizuno MP-32 (7-9) S300
Titleist SM 5 46/50/54/58
SeeMore FGP Original SuperStroke fatso 5.0
Pro V1

I shot an 84 at Torrey Pines North a couple of weeks ago! I hit almost all the fairways, best score I've gotten recently. Would've been a really great round except triple bogeying 2 of the tough par 3's. Still super excited to have broken 90 here!

On 5/11/2017 at 8:15 AM, Billsy said:

Golf is Golf...shooting your best score on 7200 yards or 2200 yards is still an accomplishment. We should celebrate and cheer on personal bests for all. It just means that we need to set a new goal.

True, but we still need context to better appreciate and understand what is being said.  I will be the first to applaud a person breaking 100 for the first time whether it be on a par3  or championship course.  The course played simply adds meaning.  Without this, it might as well be a pitch and putt. make sense?

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• Administrator
On 5/11/2017 at 1:35 AM, BuckeyeNut said:

it would be nice..................why not share course rating, slope, course par, and basic yardage from the tees you  played when giving scores.    IE...hey I shot 76 means nothing.   Was it an executive course with a 63CR or a 7600yd Championship course with a 78CR?  Right?  

You've harped on this for years, and it's not going to change.

People don't post here in this thread so that you can judge them super accurately. Who cares? You're the only one who demands this info.

People post here so they can say "Hey, I played golf and shot 82!" They know the course they played at. They know what rules they played by (or didn't). They know the difficulty of the course.

That's good enough for me.

And… this topic isn't even supposed to have replies.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

18 minutes ago, iacas said:

You've harped on this for years, and it's not going to change.

People don't post here in this thread so that you can judge them super accurately. Who cares? You're the only one who demands this info.

People post here so they can say "Hey, I played golf and shot 82!" They know the course they played at. They know what rules they played by (or didn't). They know the difficulty of the course.

That's good enough for me.

And… this topic isn't even supposed to have replies.

LOL...yessir, we have certainly had this discussion before over several years!  

Honestly....I don't care what the course is. it's nice to know whether they played a pitch and putt course with 87yd holes or something different......I am not trying to judge anyone here.  I want to have a better understanding for what they are saying.  

Edited by BuckeyeNut

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• Administrator
1 minute ago, BuckeyeNut said:

LOL...yessir, we have certainly had this discussion before over several years!  

Honestly....I don't care what the course is. it's nice to know whether they played a pitch and putt course with 87yd holes or something different......I am not trying to judge anyone here.  I want to have a better understanding for what they are saying.  

Give it up already. It's not happenin'.

When someone asks "who cares?" you're still the only person to raise his hand.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

37/42.  Ugh.

No doubles, just a bunch of bogies.  Recently punched greens, but honestly, that wasn't the issue, as much as I'd like to be able to claim that it was.  :8)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Shot 77 (39/38) with a double and a bogie on par 3s. Took an extra club for the wind but couldn't commit to hitting them, so dumped one in a bunker and one in a pond. Need to stop hitting shots while having second thoughts about the plan. :~(

Charles P.

:cobra: Fly-Z, Paderson shaft. :callaway: 15o XR, steelhead XR 6-PW. :adams: 16o fairway, 3 & 4 hybrids. :titleist: Vokey 48o, 52o, & 58o.  :odyssey:Toulon San Diego AR.

Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing.

One thing I won't do is lie or cheat.  I try to play my courses around here from tees at 70/127 6200 par 72 average or as close as I can get.   This means white.

These tees are the most fun for me.  I am not a long hitter.  I never have been even a couple years ago when I practiced a lot I couldn't carry the ball as far as some.  

A nice round for me is like the one I had a while back 69.6/126 6290 78 13 gir 38 putts.  

Anymore with my lack of practice and play I set standards a bit lower.  The thing is I have more fun now that I play golf instead of swing.  For me it's been a big hurdle and even if it sounds lame to say I will still say it.  It's been an awful lot of work for me to get where hitting a drive is similar in feel to throwing a ball or shooting skeet.

Serious guys who bomb it and are in their early thirties and have played competitive golf would refer to me as a wanker but whatever.

The flat bellies can piss off.  I've never broken par and I probably never will.  However I evolved from an overswing reverse pivot hack to someone who can sometimes play a round without embarrassment.

I got to single digits.  I am not sure if I can stay there given that I play a very limited amount and my practice is basically zero but this year I am going to find out.  I don't really care where I end up as long as the game remains interesting to me.  I am certain it always will be.

I still have my grandfathers custom Kenneth smith sw leather and all and I have been known to go out at dawn armed with persimmons blades and  the sw and rum and a cigar or two and hit a few shots.

Love the game.  It gets in your blood.  Golf is a process.  I wouldn't ever judge anyone based on score.  You never know .

Played at Callahan Golf Links in Waleska,Ga today. I was really hoping I would break 100 today! So much for that... Ready? I shot 120. 65 on the front and 55 on the back... I had 2 pars and a lot of really bad holes. If I could just eliminate the really bad holes it would be no problem, but it always happens. That was my 9th round. Maybe I'll break 100 on my 10th round... I did get to see a snake eat a lizard though!

18403953_1633011023384647_4802635054538903345_o.jpg

Geese, Callahan.jpg

• Upvote 1

47-40 = 87, bluff creek golf course, Eden prairie, MN.  

Opened with a disastrous triple.  Then had 8 consecutive holes where I missed a GIR by 5-15 yds, chipped to about 10 ft and couldn't make a putt.   0 pars on the front.  Backside was a better.  Nothing exciting though.  5 pars, 4 bogies. 

On the bright side, the weather (and the beer) 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Played St. James Bay today in Carrabelle. 

http://www.stjamesbay.com/p/course-tour.aspx

Great place, but you better be hitting it straight or bring a shitload of balls. 13 Tee shots with a forced carry. 8 approach shots with a forced carry. Several of those tee shots are with clubs other than your driver. Played to my handicap ( 93, Net of 74 ), but still lost quite a few balls. Basically if you miss, your ball is gone.  Don't let the length fool you, this place will test you severely. 

Edited by Farking Bastage

Well it was a rainy and windy day today, but decided to go out this afternoon since it's been raining the past 4 days here. I shot a 43 on the front and a 41 on the back for a 84.  Struggling a little with my driver, but everything else seems to be working well.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate so I can get some practice in this week.

Gus
---------------

83 and 77.  The 83 should have been so much better.  Shot myself in the foot with 6 three putts.  The good news is that with the 77 my handicap is trending to 10.1.  My goal was to be below 10.0 by years end, if I keep this up I'll be there much sooner.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

69 (-3) at my home Course after a few rainy days. Need to work harder on my short putts. Missed most of them.

Rating 71,2 6550 yards