IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

37-38-75 1 double, 1 birdie 2 3-putts at SGCC today 

Pins were in tough locations due to the clubs President's Cup I missed due to playing in Member-Guest

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

44 + 41 = 85 at Carrington Golf Club. Only one really bad shot, an OB on a layup on the easy Par 5 4th.

My best score in years!

• Upvote 1

- Mark

49 + 50 = 99

home course Mapocho (slope 113, rating 72.3 and 7000 yards)

long day. 3/13 FW, 3/18 GIRs and 39 putts

Started striking ball well and slowly could not find Fairway off tee and progressive deterioration with shanks undermining even short shots. Discouraging

On 5/19/2017 at 0:42 AM, Aguirre said:

My first five rounds of the year: 86, 87,87, 86, 86.

Okay, getting weird now. Since then: 87, 86, 86. 

But I am more excited than I've been in years. I've rediscovered some of my "old swing" feel and I feel I'm not far away. I will get back to single digits this year. I'm confident.

"Witty golf quote."

Had the opportunity to participate in Merion's 2-day member guest. One round on the east and the second on the west. Shot 80 on the east..ball in the hole and 81 on the west ball in the hole. Then ran to my home course to qualify for the club championship. Shot 77. Over 2 days played 55 holes (Playoff hole as a flight winner). A special weekend and a lot of golf!!!!

• Upvote 1

39/40 = 79.  Bogies on the last 4 holes, all the result of missed putts under 6'.  

I really felt better about the round than the last 4 holes and subsequent score would suggest.

As an added benefit, the first 4 holes (2 par-4's, a par-3, and a par-5) at the club form a nice little loop that circles back around to the parking lot.  It makes for a great playoff or emergency final press to the game.  We played that after our match, and I played it in one-under.  I won $40 for my efforts.  A BIG win in our group... :-) 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I'm gonna shoot mother nature if it rains all week like it's supposed to. 

• Upvote 1

Played in the Hangman Valley Amateur over the weekend.  Hot (for here) on Saturday and cool with intermittent rain on Sunday.  Shot 87-85 to finish T-7 gross and T-9 Net in the Second Flight.  I feel like I'm hitting the ball great but continue to have problems around the green.  Stats for the weekend:

FIR:  17/28 (60%), GIR 14/36 (39%).  Putts 65 (1.8 per hole). 

My Achilles continues to be shots around the green... I had a total of 14 chips and pitches around the green on Sunday with a 3 chip that led to a triple bogey.  On Saturday, I had bunkeritis and had 7 bunker shots.  

Highlights:  Birdied the first hole on both days, Saturday birdied the first and third holes to start -2 after 3 holes... on the way to an 87.  But I did win 3 skins and made some money! 

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

Last 2 rounds have been (-1) 71 6,900 yards from tips rated at 74.0 

38 33

36 35

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9.0 Aldila Rogue Silver X-Stiff I Taylormade M2 3 wood Fujikara 661 Speeder X-Stiff I Callaway Apex 3 Iron UST Mamiya Recoil 780 ES F5 X-Stiff I Mizuno MP-59 4-PW Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff I Mizuno Wedges (Blue) 52_56_60 Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex I Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0 USA Edition I Taylormade Tour Preferred 

Shot a 92 on Saturday. It was a par 70, 5300 yard course with a rating of 64.7 but I'll take it. First time breaking 100. Ball striking was all over the place and is my number one priority right now. My pitches were on point after learning Pelz's finesse swing, however.

• Upvote 1

-Justin

My Swing

SLDR C 10.5, Aeroburner 3W/3H, MX-200 4-GW, Vokey Chrome 200 56 & 60, TM White Smoke

Today was surreal......

My game hasn't been good...mostly flirting around 80 with a couple "outlier" low 70 rounds mixed in.   Today was my only chance to play golf in the next 7 days because my son has weekend bowling obligations.   The temp was around 91-93.............and steamy because we had rain over the weekend......the course was jam packed, and play was slow.  I got paired with a brand-new beginner.......and a "non-golfer".  the non golfer never hit a shot in the air longer than 50 yards for the entire 9.  Every stroke was a DUFF.......They were both extremely self conscious....I get that, but it was still uncomfortable because he duffed every GD-shot!!.......and I said everything I could to put their nerves at rest.  I could tell they were uncomfortable with me joining them.  At one point, I said something to the effect.....Hey..the course is jam packed...I OR nobody cares how many strokes you need....let's have fun!  So long as week keep pace with the group in front of us, the people behind us are good.  We kept pace amazingly enough.......it was still a weird round because I played exceptionally well.  

We played the back9.... (36.0CR and 133 slope).....I carded a 2 under par 34 among this cluster..........   my best 9 hole score of 2017...LOL   WEIRD!!  I acted like this is how I play all the time and played it like MR COOL......they were in shock and never had seen a golf display like I put on today.LOL

I quit at 9 holes...it was hot, play was slow, and I had things I needed to do.  I would have liked to finish, but it seemed like a good time to end on a good note.  I made 3 birdies and a bogey.... I never flirted with a 2nd bogey.    of the three birdies...one was a 117yd wedge....6" tap in.    the other two were on par 5's..........both sand saves/short sided from bad positions.  I took my medicine...hit good bunker shots.....and holed a couple of 15' putts....   weird day.   

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

As I read through these posts, I see people say what they did great and what they did poorly. Golfers take for granted the good things and focus energy on the what did not go well. I would like to suggest that we all appreciate the good things like, a great drive on the 4th hole, an awesome 2 putt from 45 feet or stiffing a wedge from 85 yards. 

Continue to report the score but only include the positive events. I bet a mind set change will lower scores faster than a 30 minute session on the range!

I am trying it today and will report back to the group.

One man's thought on a quest to improve every year!

Shot an 87 yesterday, and it felt like I played well. But again, 3 off the tee FOUR times. One was literally driven too far. A 25' wide river runs through the fairway and into the ocean (its an Oceanside course)at 280 yards out. bI never expected to hit my best drive of the day 270 yards, let alone watch it roll into a fast moving river (we had a lot of rain this spring, so rivers are really high). One was off into the woods. One sliced into the ocean, and the other landed nowhere near water, but was hard into the left edge of the woods, so I took a provisional, and of course we could not find my ball. Thats 8 strokes I should not have needed to play (or give up in penalties).

Other than that, my course management is good. I did birdie the first hole, a dogleg right par 5, and then drained a 25 footer for birdie on the 18th. So I started and finished well. :mellow: In truth, aside from the 3 off the tee's, I only blew up one hole. A 175 yard par 3 that I caught fat, then a wedge that landed on the fringe as far away from the hole as possible. Chipped towards the flag, landed on the downslope and rolled back towards me, 20'+ from the flag, which I then 3 putted. Pathetic. But the next hole I made par, and then a par on the final par 3, which is the nicest hole on the course, and only 112 yards from the blacks (103 from the forward tee's) which is completely over water. If you miss short, its water, miss left your safe, miss right or drive the green, you're in a horrible bunker. I nailed a beautiful wedge shot to 10 feet, and left my putt hanging on the lip, literally, with a slight tap for par. 

1 hour ago, Billsy said:

As I read through these posts, I see people say what they did great and what they did poorly. Golfers take for granted the good things and focus energy on the what did not go well. I would like to suggest that we all appreciate the good things like, a great drive on the 4th hole, an awesome 2 putt from 45 feet or stiffing a wedge from 85 yards. 

Continue to report the score but only include the positive events. I bet a mind set change will lower scores faster than a 30 minute session on the range!

I am trying it today and will report back to the group.

One man's thought on a quest to improve every year!

I really don't agree. The misses are just as important as the great shots. You can't improve a well struck shot, we focus on the bad ones because thats where we need work. My drives are long, but 1 in 4 is a wild slice (instead of my natural fade on my better shots, or straight drives on my great ones), so obviously I need work there. Those are the important shots, not the ones that did just what you wanted. 

Edited by Apoc81

Surprise bonus 9.....didn't think I could play today, but I snuck in 9+ holes.  A cluster was in front of me so I skipped ahead to the 4th hole knowing it would be pretty fast from there to the house.  I used the 5 holes as a warmup...LOL (I paired-up with a 2-some)

Starting on 10, I kept score.....(back9 rating is 36.0CR and 133 slope) 2 Birdies-1 bogey.....35..........1 under par.  Another nice mini-stretch of golf.  The 34 I scored a couple days ago was paired with a 43..LOL   This one is hanging out there......for now.  

Edited by BuckeyeNut

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

91 on a very wet course. They wouldn't even let the carts out. I wasn't planning on walking with my knee issues, but I did. I had trouble on the squishy shots with lots of shots coming up short.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Played Evergreen CC yesterday in a Senior Scratch League match.

37-40-77 - 3 bogey's in a 4 hole stretch on the back 9 cost me.  But played pretty well overall.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones