IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

So finally getting back in to swing of things after returning from my Myrtle Beach buddies trip (10 players) and whole bunch of work . Played 6.5 rounds in 5 days which include the travel days.

Grande Dunes: 39-39 = 78. Great round to start out. Won the daily bet for top net (and gross).

Willbrook Plantation: 39-47 = 86. Tale of 2 9s. Swing magically disappeared on the back 9 and sputtered home. Won  2nd net (and 3rd gross).

River Club Round 1: 46-39 = 85. Another tale of 2 9s. Swing magically reappeared on the back 9. I was 3rd with a blind partner net.

River Club Round 2 (afternoon): 39-44 = 83. Won the 2 man gross best score with mah pardner.

Heritage Club: 45-41 = 85. Toughest pin placement known to mankind on nuttiest undulating greens. Won 2nd place 4 man team 2 best scores.

Independence club: 38-... Quit on 14th hole due to rain pounding and greens basically under water, was 4 over for the day and hitting well. Oh well.

Ironwood Golf Club in Greenville NC: 42-39 = 81. Another great round to finish with - won top gross and 2nd net.

Highlights:

Had only 2 blow up holes (pick up at triple bogey) and 5 only DBs the entire week!   

Shot 39 on six times and a 38.   

Won about a 3rd of entire trip cost back in various tourney and side bets... :-)

• Upvote 2

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played in my member guest with my brother. 2 great nines and 3 average nines. Scoring average 39...need a long break

I had to stop practicing and playing for several weeks due to work schedule. I had an opportunity to play last week. I went to the driving range a couple of days before I played the round. My swing felt terrible, very cramped with an over release.

I got to the course and hit a few balls and I was not able to put it together. I missed most fairways due to a fed /slice.

My last round score before last week was 88..last week's round...well...I could not even break 100..my swing had abandoned me. My iron swing turned in to an upper body only swing with flicking at the end, loosing power and with a hook.

My driver was a short slice due to not starting the swing from the bottom up.

I can not explained how a decent swing can go away so fast. If I do not practice and play for several weeks I seem to loose it...it really sucks because I just can not practice often all the time. 

I am back in the range and I could almost put ti back together...almost.  

I must have short term memory loss because what I learn over time seems to sometimes vanish. 

The power was shut off in my neighborhood this morning for utilities work, and one of my nearby courses was offering twilight rates all day, so why not play a round? 

I shot a 93 (91 ESC), despite hitting a nasty snap-hook off of nearly every tee. Also, I was thinning everything for the first five holes, leading to a bogey-triple-bogey-quad-triple start.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

75. 5 bogeys, 13 pars....boring.

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

38-35 : 73 (+1) at my home course. 3 bogeys, 2 birdies. 1 three putt

15 GIR, but not too much birdie oportunities. Only 2 out of 6 up and down.

75 (+3) on my home course. 1st penalty (water hazard) in the last seven rounds.
Lots of short putts missed, but better speed control on mid range. 

Shot 106. Same culprit as always - bad putting - with the addition of poor driver play.

My irons were very crisp. I was hitting a lot of greens with several par and even a couple legitimate birdie chances (did convert one birdie). But not being able to convert those holes makes it hard to recover from the penalties incurred due to errant tee shots (3 on one hole). A stark contrast to last week when I hit almost every fairway and shot 10 strokes lower.

To maintain my HC, I've got to start scoring in the low 90's. Not impossible, but right now it seems a monumental task.

Jon

Shot a 98. Driver was money all day. Started calling my shots off the tee box towards the end to rub it in my friends faces. Irons were still inconsistent, short game I have minimal experience with, and putting distance control were my faults today.

I found the "how to flight your wedges" thread in swing thoughts the other day and played around with that on the course to good results, especially on par 3's. I set my record 5 GIR's and went 50% on tee accuracy.

-Justin

My Swing

SLDR C 10.5, Aeroburner 3W/3H, MX-200 4-GW, Vokey Chrome 200 56 & 60, TM White Smoke

• Administrator

George. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

League night last Wednesday.  Shot a 45 :(  Match play with a point per hole.

Was giving a stroke on 6 holes.  Won 4.5 points.

Good: Hit 6/7 fairways.  Not much else went all that good

Bad:  The one fairway i didn't hit was  a topped drive which led to a 7 on a par 4.  Didn't make any putts over 4 feet.

At least it didn't rain!!

52-44-96

Kittyhawk GC, Eagle Course, Dayton, OH

Always seemed like one really awful shot derailed a lot of holes, especially early in the round. The highlights included a par on the "nemesis hole" No. 8, aka the Moat Hole. It's a par three and with the wind right in my teeth, I clubbed way up to a 4H. Hit the center of the green and just missed my birdie putt. Following another par, I got my birdie on No. 11. A great drive and crisp 7I set up a dead straight 15-footer up hill and I flushed it.

For such a mediocre score, this may have been the first time I've played this particular course without losing a ball. You'd have thought I'd score better. The old Nike PD Soft survived 96 of my hacks. 

71 (-1) at my home course. 15 GIR, lots of birdie oportunities inside 20 feet but i leave a lot short in the rigth line. 2 three putters too.