IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

Didn't think I'd say this this year, but a disappointing 81. My game off the tee cost me every missed shot today. It wasn't horrible enough to cost me penalty strokes but still penalized me enough to lead to two double bogeys. Only one birdie though, was able to stick most of my wedges on to let me one or two putt, I think I only had two three putts all day so I was pretty happy with everything but my driver.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had the game of my life this morning. Shot my age - 68. Par   4   4   4   3   5   4   5   3   4   36     4   3   5   3   4   4   5   4   4    36   72 Me    4   4   3   2   5   3   6   2   4 

41-39-80 at Stoneleigh Golf & CC other than a topped first drive and a couple of 3 putts played pretty well in a windy day with @GolfLug @billchao @Hardspoon And the Aimpoint class with

CAREER BEST! Played my home course. Birdie at 1 to get the day rolling and never looked back. 3 birds on the front to one bogey to play the front -2. Had 2 birdies and 2 bogeys on back for an even bac

Posted Images

1 hour ago, amished said:

Didn't think I'd say this this year, but a disappointing 81

For a 15 handicap, not sure how an 81 can be disappointing...

I also shot an 81 today, with one double and two 3 putts, unfortunately one of them was a 3 putt par on a par 5.

44 minutes ago, JGus said:

For a 15 handicap, not sure how an 81 can be disappointing...

I also shot an 81 today, with one double and two 3 putts, unfortunately one of them was a 3 putt par on a par 5.

I know. My handicap generally has come from big numbers, but still deserved. I am trending down but it's still frustrating to see one part of my game be so bad compared to everything else that felt so good today. I truly feel if my driver was as good as it could be I would've broken 80 pretty comfortably. To be that close with so many missed opportunities is painful yet encouraging. 

Edit,  this was also on a par 70 course, so 11 over is still good, but not like a 9 over round. 

Edited by amished

70 (-2) at my home course.

Really good scoring streak: 74,70,70,73,75,71,70: I`m -1 between the last 7 rounds. 6550, rating 71,2. Par 72. My tee to green game has improved a lot over 2017. Putting is still bad, but working on it.   

• Upvote 1

Shot 96 on a short course. This is probably good golf for me. I kept everything in play after the 5th. Other than a single blowup hole (5 over on a par 5) and a couple typical missed short putts, I thought I played well within my ability. Irons were not quite as accurate as last week, but still very solid with good distance control on both approaches and layups.

Edited by JonMA1
  • Upvote 2

45-47-90

Madden GC, Dayton, OH

Nothing really awful (nothing worse than a double), but always seemed a shot away from real quality. It was different things from hole to hole. Couple bad putts, one lousy drive, a few lousy approach shots and some wedges that lacked any art. None the less, my shots are finishing closer to the hole. I've made progress in sorting the shank issues I had earlier in the year.

I had to use a Group Golfer that was about to expire so I drove to Timber Ridge (70.1/135) in East Lansing.  It was a new course to me.   I paired with a twosome and we had a great time.   I shot a 44/46 but felt like I was playing pretty good.    I still need to work on speed on faster greens.  The greens were significantly faster than my home course and I guess I need that practice.   Overall a great day to be on the golf course.

No energy for the rounds I played this weekend. 

Broke 80 from 6300 and 82 from 6700.

Need to get the mojo back!!

41/38 for 79 unremarkable other than it was my first 18 holes of 2017 after struggling with injury and limiting it to 9 holes for the last several months. My distance is coming back I was outdriving the guys I got paired up with using a 3w most of the day. They weren't very good but still I owned the box all but one hole when a guy made a lucky birdie putt to my par.

No doubles for me and just one silly 3 putt. Left strokes out there for sure, looking back I think I made 5 easily preventable bogeys, two after forcing a shot in the wind as well as the 3 putt. We played 9-13 on the edge of a microburst that caused significant damage just a few miles south of the course.

Edited by Dave2512

Best round of 2017, to date.  4.1 differential.  Couldn't cash in on the birdie opportunities but made some nice lags and up & down pars so it all balanced out at 76.

There were a couple GIR's that barely merited the GIR designation, I was so far from the hole.  Somehow I got the first close enough to 2 putt.

• Upvote 2

I haven't been playing as regularly as in past years and it shows.   I am still all over the place...  Case in point!!!

72.5CR 137 slope, par 72......  I was finally able to play both days last weekend before the 4th.................Saturday...73/ Sunday 81...........UGH!!  

I have a 7am tee time July 4th....time to re-group!  sheesh...

Edited by BuckeyeNut

38-37-75

2 birdies no doubles woo hoo

only bad hole was 18, hit a good shot long into heavy rough couldn't make par, won match and 7 dollars, other team made par with a 15 foot par putt otherwise we would've  won $25.