IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Went out today we a couple friends and played Forest Akers East at Michigan State University and shot an 84.  I would be able to putt worth a hoot today I think I would have shot a 78.  

“Golf is a compromise between what your ego wants you to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.”

WITB: :mizuno: JXP 850 Driver 9.5 degree, :tmade: Rocketballz 5 wood, :tmade: PSi 4i-AW, :tmade: ATV wedge 56 degree, Pine Meadow lob wedge 60 degree, :nike: Method Drone Core 2.0 putter

Tuesday,

Homestead GC, Tipp City, OH

47-46-93

We had our Florida friend @CarlSpackler, @Jeremie Boop and @missitnoonan on a sweltering Fourth of July morning. Just like old times.

This was the second 93 I shot here in less than a week. It's ok. Definitely, a damn sight better than i was doing a couple of months ago. Still, its hard not to think about a lot of the mishits that made a difference.

The rounds big positives included my driving early on. I also had some very nice short-game shots to provide tap-ins for most of the pars I managed. It's super cool to hit bunker shots off real sand (unlike certain home courses that need no mention). Also, the same ball survived all 18 holes. Not losing a ball still counts as a plus in my book.

The biggest negative was systematically poor results on my second shots. It didn't seem to matter what club I was trying to hit them with. Frustratingly, my two best-struck seconds were bombed well over the green. One, on No. 5, damn near went out on to Worley Rd. before settling dead behind a tree. Absorbed a triple on that one. ... Needless to say most of the others were not well-struck at all.

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bent Tree Golf Club, Sunbury, Ohio.

Played yesterday with 7 buddies, did a 2 person scramble. Partner is almost identical skill/handicap as myself, we went +3 (39) on the front and -1 (34) on the back for a 74 overall. We were the lowest pairing by far. I personally lipped out 4 birdie putts from 10-20 feet. Didnt have any doubles though. Getting used to my 60 degree wedge and I love it. Put one to 5 feet from a greenside bunker which is really good for me personally.

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

Tuesday,

47-46-93

We had our Florida friend @CarlSpackler, @Jeremie Boop and @missitnoonan on a sweltering Fourth of July morning. Just like old times.

This was the second 93 I shot here in less than a week. It's ok. Definitely, a damn sight better than i was doing a couple of months ago. Still, its hard not to think about a lot of the mishits that made a difference.

The rounds big positives included my driving early on. I also had some very nice short-game shots to provide tap-ins for most of the pars I managed. It's super cool to hit bunker shots off real sand (unlike certain home courses that need no mention). Also, the same ball survived all 18 holes. Not losing a ball still counts as a plus in my book.

The biggest negative was systematically poor results on my second shots. It didn't seem to matter what club I was trying to hit them with. Frustratingly, my two best-struck seconds were bombed well over the green. One, on No. 5, damn near went out on to Worley Rd. before settling dead behind a tree. Absorbed a triple on that one. ... Needless to say most of the others were not well-struck at all.

I hate those!!  You catch one sooo good and it flies way over the green...

• Upvote 1

I shot a 97 which included a 12 on one hole. Course was pretty easy.

It was one of those rounds where hitting greens (or near greens) seemed easy. Not sure how many I had but I did suffer quite a few 3 putts to go along with 5 pars. Driver and woods off the tee were meh with a mix of good and bad shots.

Irons felt really good. I duffed one 7 iron and misjudged a short gap wedge approach but other than those, I hit greens with short, mid and long irons. 

This was one of those rounds were I'd swear I'm better than my handicap.... until I think about the 55 I shot the other day and how easy it is for the wheels to fall off.:-D

Jon

Wednesday: 38 Front 9, EMCC

Saturday: 39-38 = 77 at EMCC.

Monday: 43-39 = 82 and then 39 for repeat front 9 play at Kiskiack GC, Williamsburg.

Playing well lately...

Vishal S.

38-41-79

senior Scratch, not my best but the team won the overall even though me and my partner lost. He played worse than me. Lost focus on the 10th hole when work got in the way of playing.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

7 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Tuesday,

47-46-93

I ended up shooting 44-42 for an 86. Way too many doubles. The most painful was 18 after being pin high in 2 on a par 5. 

- Shane

76 on a 72 Plus 3 penaltys stroke for a net 79.  Good round for me.  (The Legacy in Faribault (MN)).  was really hitting my lines (except for 3 stupid shots).  relatively simple course with a nice layout.

Great course conditions.  Only one birdie, but regulation holes again and again - solid golf for me.  I sprayed a couple drives for lost ball penalties.  down side was zero for 4 on the short par 5's, I just kept missing the drives off to the wrong sides of the fairway and had to layup each one.  But those went perfect.

Neat part - caught up with a kid on 10 and played the back nine together.  The dad was riding along but not playing that day and had took him for practice for a meet there the next day.  Kid was a 2.5 and legitimately played that way.  Good basic swing - nothing fancy - great basics and smart kid.  Varsity team, but only like 14 years old (8th grade?).  I kept up with him shot for shot for quite a few holes until I finally started missing some of course.  He stayed very solid until the 18th drives.  But it was cool to see this smallish youngster play some really quality shots again and again.  The dad was the high school coach, BTW for the girl's team.  Good people.  respectful kid too - raised right.

Good referrals to a couple other courses I haven't yet played too - so that's a win.

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Shot 75 today at Highland Walk at Victoria Bryant state park in NE Georgia. Never played there before. It was in good shape. Very hilly course. Lots of blind shots.

I did a Vlog of the first nine I will be posting it hopefully tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

3 weeks since I started playing and been playing so much. Finally I can start to overcome some obstacles. 

My drives were fairly straight, not so long and had some misfits. Fairway accuracy was below par but the lie was great most of the time.

GIR was insanely bad, gotta work hard on this.

But guys, I broke 100 on 18 for the first time ever! ?

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Chriasp/round/1693114

• Upvote 2

After bragging about improving my 3 putts, I fell on my face putting today.   I hit the ball well except for one lapse.   My putting...the last three holes, I 3 putted!  I'd like to make an excuse, the sun was too bright, it was too humid, I was too old, my glove was too small...but no...today, my putter and my ability to use it correctly failed.   I shot an 87 with a 22.1 differential.   14 nGIR 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

League night on Wednesday. Shot a 43.

Singles, Match play.  I was getting a stroke on 3 holes. Playing one of the guns who hits the ball a ton.  I played decent, he played mediocre.  I won 5 points out of 9.

Good - Drove very good..hit 4/7 fairways, but the 3 misses were barely in the light rough.  No duffed shots

Bad - Putting was not that good.  Left one birdie putt on the lip and another i made a very poor effort.

Played 9 holes at Forest Creek, my home course, yesterday.  Shot a 46.  Two triples killed me and lot of that had to do with bad/temporary greens.  Three putted three greens, probably would have been a 43 or 44 with better greens.  Had 4 solid pars, including the last 3 holes with good looks at birdie.  Striking the ball better, hitting longer, and that had me flying a few greens.  All things considered I feel good about where things are headed.  

Sincerely, Art

595fdffb1cd64_logoforTST.jpg.9637d0539d0818684c1ee7c2f23bfb3a.jpg

Play more golf.  Easily.  Download the FREE (Limited Time) SocialPutts app. today!

595fde6fe0fb7_AvailableontheAppStoreTST.jpg.8bc310c687f48ce49737dea3658d16c6.jpg595fde722ffa6_GetitonGooglePlayTST.jpg.ace51e4e4a9308d728ed4ec293751de6.jpg

Played 9 holes last night at The Creek at Qualchan Thursday night league.  It was Best Net 3 balls and our team did not do very well.  I played well and shot a 1 over par 37 with 2 bogeys and 1 birdie.  GIR 7/9, Putts 17.  Both bogeys were the 3 putt variety.  I had a good up and down on #8.  Hit my drive into a bush in the left side.  Hit a 9 iron backwards with my back turned to the target and was able to pitch back out into the fairway.  I had 107 to the pin and hit a SW to within 10 feet and made  the putt.  On #9 I had to get up and down from off the green and made another 10 footer for par.  All the pitching practice is helping a lot.  The birdie I had was on a par 5 where I had 40 yards to the pin.  Hit the pitch to 8 feet and made the putt. 

• Upvote 1

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

I shot 35, +1 on a 9 hole course today. I went birdie, birdie, bogey, bogey, par, par, par, par, bogey. I was literally one dimple from having the last putt sink for par. A great round by my standards.

Played my home course (Links at Challedon), shot a 42-39 (81).

Only hit 1 of 14 FWs, no major trouble off the tee, just couldn't keep it in the fairway.  But hit 9 of 18 greens.

2-birdies; 8-pars; 5-bogeys; 3-doubles

Gus
---------------

Played in out interclub B-Team match today, played on the away team at Mount Vernon Country Club.  We won our match +3 and the team won the overall match by +12.

MVCC Played at 6,018 Yds 69.5/134 Par 70

37-37-74 With 2 doubles and 2 birdies.

Edited by jsgolfer

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones