IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

77 (Southern Hills - Sat) and a 79 (Gopher Hills - Sun).  Sat got to play a new course to me and played really well.  Great layout.  Rough front 9 on the easier course on Sun.  But had a great time on the back and got to both par 5s in 2 which is a change in the last couple months for some reason.  Still missed the eagle putts, but it's nice to have the chance on occasion.

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Somehow I talked my fiancé into going to the course with me yesterday. My intention was to walk 18, however she was already tired after 9 so we picked up a cart for the second 9. I don't know if it was her being there and keeping me distracted, or because even though I was still struggling with my driver I was keeping the ball in play, or just dumb luck, but I actually put up a decent score for me. Starting off rough with a triple bogey 7 then having double bogey on 3 and 5 I still finished the front in a 7 over 43 by paring all the other holes. The back nine was a lot of bogeys with a few pars thrown in for good measure finishing up with 6 over 42 on the back.... My putting wasn't very good either, had 2 3 putts and missed a lot of putts I normally would have made either because I totally missed my line or completely screwed up the pace. Yet, amazingly, through all that I put up apparently the best score I've shot to date at 85. Exactly half of the holes I made par on and we finished the 18 in just under 3 hours even with a few times of having to sit and wait.

On a side note, had I put up that score during the City tournament I would have been in the lower middle part of the field.... Basically reaffirming my own belief that I'm actually good enough to make it through to match play as long as I put in more time next year to prepare.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Take this for what it is.
Showed up to a charity scramble on Sat, I am usually the filler, I sub in when inevitably someone does not show. They tournament committee pairs me with one of their old timer-retirees, a 73 year old who spent 50 years as a plasterer.
He was not great off the tee, had very little short game, which left me to drive, chip and eat up yards, But this guy could put.
We ended up -8, and in 5th place. I should mention we were the only team of 2, competitong againt all teams of 4.
And it was some of the most fun I have had on the course in a long, long, time.

• Upvote 2

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Miami Shores Golf Course, Troy, OH

45-44-89

There were two stretches of pretty decent golf sandwiched around a terrible middle. Holes 7, 8, 9 and 10 resulted in a triple and three doubles. An OB hook towards the Miami River on No. 8 (one of the easiest holes on the course), was the catalyst behind the triple. It was pleasing to shake it off and manage some quality holes down the stretch. The highlight was dropping three putts of 15 to 20 feet. 

Played OK yesterday at Springfield.

38-40-78 1 birdie and 1 double, was 4 over on last 4 holes.  

Hopefully I'll play a little better when I play Belle Haven Country Club later this afternoon.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Played yesterday at my home course,  Kalispel Golf and Country Club.  (70.5/126).   It was expected to be a hot and humid day so we teed off at 8 AM.  Side note, As I got to the course and pulled out my clubs I was informed my motorized push cart was damaged in storage.  It appears a cart struck it and damaged one of the wheels.  :-(  This took away valuable warm up time and I didn't warm up very well at all.  My ball striking was off throughout the entire round and I can only think of a few solid strikes but I scored well and shot a season low 81.  GIR 4/18, FIR 4/14, Putts 30.  My short game practice is really paying off and I had 7 one putt greens and only three putted once.  I had 1 double, 6 bogeys, 1 birdie and 10 pars.  The double was a sloppy one with 2 chips and 2 putts wasting my best drive of the day.  I got up and down from 40 to 50 yards in the fairway twice and once from 80 yards... all for par. 

Best shot of the day... 4H on a 210 yd. Par 3.  2 feet to the right of the cup for a kick in birdie. 

• Upvote 1

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

Played much better today at Belle Haven CC.

6400 YDS White Tees 70.6/129 Par 72

36-35-71 (-1)

5 birdies and 1 double on 18 (Ugh)

Playing River Bend CC tomorrow, one of my favorite courses in No. VA.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Shot a 35 (-2) today. 4 birdies, 1 double, 4 pars. 

I really, for the first time, took advantage of my long game by being deadly accurate inside of 100 yards. I had one hick-up hole where my short game had a brain fart. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

78, 43 out and a blistering 35 (1 under) coming home.  Driver cost me 2 doubles but then made me some shots.  Only ever hit a 38 once before. Weirdly amazing.

Golf is odd, you practice a ton but progress isn't always linear. Shot a wild 90 last week and then out pops a round or two which shows you what you're capable of. 

39-46-85. Two birdies and four doubles. Bizarre round but, unfortunately, becoming more and more typical. I am generally striking the ball pretty well and getting up and down a lot when I don't, but I can't avoid a couple of holes with big numbers.

Bill M

I shot 35 (-1) on the front 9 at Crystal Falls in Leander.  Drove the ball extremely well with decent iron play (7 GIR) and 100% scrambling.  Putting was so-so.  Missed 3 birdie putts inside 8 feet.

River Bend CC, 6,250 70.3/133 Par 72

A tale of 2 nines.  

Started Par, Par and then went 7 over on the next 7, 1 GIR, 2 doubles, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.  Smooth 43 on the front.

Go to back, hit 8 GIR's make 8 pars and a birdie.

43-35-78

-Jerry

Shot an 82, net 66, in my league tournament yesterday and won! I haven't played in a month with my injuries except a par 3 last week. My ball striking was better than it has been in a while. I had 11 GIR, 6 pars and 2 birdies! I didn't putt particularly well in the front 9 with 4 three-putts, ugh. It was a new course for me and the greens were slow because they didn't mow them to reduce stress per one of the greens keepers. But I am still very exciting about this result. 

I didn't have any acute pain during the round in my knee or wrist, but I'm a bit sore today though. I don't think I will be able to play 2 days in a row for a while.

• Upvote 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

My league had a 2 man best ball outing on Saturday.  I didn't play all that well as i shot a 91, but chalk some of it up to trying to pull off some shots that I knew probably wouldn't work, but what the heck try anyway!

There were only 2 skins won and I was one of them.  So that was sweet! 

Shot an 85 at Monroe Golf and Country Club yesterday in an impromptu round completed in 1 hour and 42 minutes!

This score tied my best score of the last 5 years.

I decided to play on this hot humid day after driving by the course and seeing that it looked empty. 

Easily the fastest 18-hole round I have ever played, I quite enjoyed the pace! Wish they could all be like this.

I have now played the same ball for 38 straight holes, by far a record for me. 

My ball striking has become very consistent, the only thing keeping me from breaking 80 now is the mental lapses that create blow up holes. 

• Upvote 2

- Mark

Shot a 40 (5 over par 35) on the front of my league course. I had 5 bogies and 3 drives over 270.
Putting was a pain since the newly hired greenskeeper, a DPW City employee over fertilized 1/2 the greens. This means on 1/2 the greens there are burnt out, browned out stips you have to putt throught.
Basically putting is akin to a game of plinko!
We had 4 guys play 9 holes in hour and 45.
Of course I lost my match because I had to give my opponent 2 strokes and he shot a 38!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Played my 3rd round of 18 ever tonight. Took up the game this summer. 

Played this course last week and mostly practiced on the front and kept score on the back (48). It's an executive par 64 @ 4000 yards, so nothing impressive.

Went back and played it again tonight. My irons were a mess (especially compared to last time) but my putting game felt great for most of it (no 3-putts on the front 9, sunk a 10 foot par putt and left a 20 foot par putt sitting on the lip). Scored a 101. Not that excited because it's a short course and honestly I didn't make good contact most of the night, but I did make a few nice shots and felt great on the green.

Probably playing the same course on Saturday. I'd like to play some others in the area, but this one is the cheapest ($15 during twilight) and is in good enough condition to practice on.

• Upvote 1