IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played 15 holes.   No warm up.  First time out in quite a while.  Felt good to get out. Ugly quad on opening par four.  3 bogeys and a double.

Then I pulled my head out and went 4 over the remaining ten.  

Turned into a great day! #keepgrinding#nevergiveup

I shot an 81 last Saturday on about 6000 yards, including a double and a triple. Parred the #1 and 2 hcp holes, though.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot the best round I have ever shot today!  I am so pumped.  Played Traditions at the Glen and shot 82!  Par 70 course, I was +8 on the front, +4 on the back, birdied the first hole.  I was +7 thru 13 my best stretch of holes by far.  So excited lol.  I'll probably shoot 99 next time I play lol.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Played the same 6000 yards (5950 to be exact) as last week and shot an 82 with 3 doubles.  I should never have a double on this course. Of course, I probably shouldn't have had some of the pars I got either, LOL.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

45/45 = 90.  Yep, a freaking NINETY.   :~(

3 pars, 3 doubles, and 12 bogies.  Not even a penalty stroke. I actually hit the stinkin' ball that many times.

Some days I wished that I threw golf clubs...  :-(

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Played 36 holes yesterday.  39/40, and 41/43. Must have either became tired, or spent too much money with the cart lady. :-P :beer:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Ahem yes well...

46-41 no comment.  I just didn't have it today on the swing.  I also never found it.

Inconsistent.

Took 8 on a 539 five afte being almost pin high in two.

Nothing felt right today.  Golf is hard.

Edited by Jack Watson

37/41=78

One double, one birdie.  Only hit 3 actual greens, but most of the misses were NGIR and my short game was pretty tight.  

Nothing spectacular, but it beats the hell out of my prior 90...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

New personal best, and in a way I'm angry at myself about it.  Shot a 72.  38 on the front 2 birdies, 4 bogies, 3 pars.  Come into the back and catch fire, chip in birdie on 10, eagle 11, chip in birdie on 12, bogey on 13, 10 foot putt for birdie on 14, bogey on 15, par on 16, 12 footer for birdie on 17, and am sitting on the green after one on the par 3 18th.

So it looks really good for shooting at worst a 71 and breaking par for the first time ever.  First putt hit it up too high and a bit too hard (truly a pretty bad lag putt) 8 foot putt for par.  Hit it about 3 feet past on the par putt (greens are drying out from the morning, but still a terrible putt), and finally lip out the bogey putt and mop up for an infuriating 4 putt for double bogey.  Extremely happy with the 72, but wanted to snap my putter in half after 4 putting 18.

38 / 34 - 72

6 birdies

1 eagle

4 pars

6 bogies

1 double bogey.

Edited by baller7345
typo

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

I had a lesson this morning, followed immediately by the lowest round I have shot in 5 years(82). When I took a 2 year Hiatus, I apparently forgot that I have something called a lower body and that it is the base of your swing. The pro's analogy for the proper motion and weight transfer was spot on. He likened it to throwing a baseball sidearm. Immediate 1.5 clubs of distance with 1/4 the effort.

Edited by Farking Bastage

Shot a 92 from the short tees. It was a solo round so it can't be applied to my HC.

Of the 4 holes I used the driver for, I lost 5 strokes from that club. I'm working on a change at the range and it didn't go well on the course today.  Also landed in sand twice and I don't get out of GS bunkers in one shot - ever. So those two things need work.

Irons were not that crisp until the 2nd nine after making an adjustment, but they were flying straight. Short game and putting were above average as I scored more pars than I hit GIR (one of which resulted in bogey) - the opposite of what is normal. The nGIR were very close and mostly on the sides of where the holes were.

For the last 4 or 5 holes, the game became pretty easy - something I haven't been used to much this year.

Next week won't be like today, but it's nice to experience rounds like this now and then.

Jon

Had a early tee time this morning. Hooked up with another walk on walker.

Shot an 87 in perfect weather conditions. Hit mostly decent shots, but a couple double bogies, and triple on a par 3,  did not do my score much good. 

Not going complain, or otherwise feel poorly about this humbling round. I was above ground, having a nice morning walk, breathing on my own, enjoying the early morning wildlife, with a new found,  tourist friend from Oregon. 

Tomorrow I will break 80. :dance:

• Like 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

48 - 44 = 92. Played solo, so at least that one doesn't get entered into the handicap calculation. Thank you USGA. Teed off at 10:30. Home by 1:30. Was glad to be done with that round. 

- Shane

79 which I was very happy with on a tough private Desert Course I have never played before. With some better putting and minus 2 wild tee shots, I could have challenged PAR.

Trollin' is the life

10 strokes worse than yesterday, honestly after shooting even par yesterday it could have been a bigger letdown.  82.

43 / 39.  Struggled with the putter all day, and unfortunately tripled number 10 (push sliced a 4 iron out of bounds) which meant playing the next 8 holes at even par was not good enough to break 80.  On the bright side of things, I finally got an eagle on short par 4 17th of my home course (the hole in my avatar pic).  Its not really difficult to drive as its only about 280 yards way downhill, but I keep missing the eagle putts.  Not today, finally sunk one, 25 footer up the hill with about 6 inches of break.  Pretty much the only putt that I made all day though.

Played 9 more after that on the front.  Shot a 39, 6 pars, 3 bogies.  Still didn't make any putts and 3 putted 7 from about 25 feet out for one of the bogies.  Outside of the putter the short game was good, nearly holed out a bunker shot on the first hole and nearly holed out a chip for birdie on the last hole.  Hit the pin with both shots, just a bit too firm to drop.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

Played two rounds this past weekend. Shot a 91 and an 86. Very similar games but the 91 came from 4 penalties from going OB. 

Finally fixed my slice on my drives (standing too far forward in my stance) and added 20 yards to my 5 wood (got on the green in 2 on the par 5s). I missed too many greens from well struck but poorly aimed approach shots and couldn't recover with my chipping. I did sink an amazing 25 footer uphill that saved par and I had a tap in birdie after barely missing a 20 foot eagle putt. Nonetheless, very happy with my game but gotta go work on chipping. 

I shot a 97 in the outing yesterday. As bad as that number was I wasn't horribly upset with it. Biggest single issue was my putting, I averaged over 2 ppg. I messed up other places but this is the one place I don't expect to mess up like this anymore so it stood at as the main problem to me. Following what seems to be a theme for me I did worse on the front than the back, +16 vs +9. No pars and 2 triples on the front with 2 pars and only 2 doubles on the back. The course isn't rated particularly difficult at 71.5/124 and only played 6600 yards. Given how little I've played in general this year I am not disappointed in how it went. At least my drives weren't too bad for the most part, even hit 50% fairways which is just short of a miracle for me. Unfortunately I did not follow those up with many GiR at all. Oh well.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Played Saturday and Sunday.  Saturday - 45 on the front 9 - 37 on the back nine for a total of 82.  Tough course though...

Played an easier course on Sunday - 39 on the front nine and 35 on the back nine.  Had three birdies and one eagle.  Had one double bogey. 

The eagle was one of the best shots I have hit in my life.  Short par 4 about 280 yards over some water.  I usually lay up on the hole with an 8 iron.  I was hitting my driver pretty well all day so I decided to give it a go at the green as the pin was in a favorable position.  I choked down a little on the driver so I could make sure I could work the ball from left to right.  Hit a beautiful shot, landed about 10 feet in front of the pin and rolled right next to the cup for a tap-in eagle.   Below is the final result of where my ball ended up.  Never had a hole in one before, this would have been an awesome one to get...on a par 4...just like Happy Gilmore..

20170820_154121.jpg

• Like 1