IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot a 95 today and the game felt like it had some consistency.  Only my second full round in several months and it was good to feel the old swing coming back right through the bag.  Loving my new Mizuno MP54s and things are starting to look up.

Driver - Cleveland Launcher XL270
3 Wood - Cleveland Launcher HT FL3W
Hybrid - Adams A12OS 4h
Irons -  Mizuno MP54 5i - Pitch
Wedges - Cleveland 588 Rotex
Putter - Rife Mr Beasley
Remember, P23 - V4 !!

Played Homestead in Ohio today with my son's clubs and a Two Ball putter that I borrowed from @missitnoonan. Shot 39 on the front with a double on the first hole. Followed that with a 47 (46 ESC) on the back. It was much easier until the wind started blowing. 

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

76.  A bunch of meh.  It was probably the worst I could have shot.  I made bogey from 100 and 80 yards.  Had I not done that I would have felt a lot better about a 74.

On the positive side, the swing feels good and there were not a lot of loose shots.  Still need to tidy up the irons a bit but the tee ball was very good.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Shot an 80 today. 

Was happy with most of my tee shots, but didnt have much consistency with the irons. Some off the toe, pulled a couple, etc. Did manage to get up and down for pars a few times which helped keep my score as decent as it was. Really need to improve on the irons and reducing the 200yd mishit drives as well.

Did manage to make a 20+ foot putt for a birdie on the hole that I drove it 295 yds, so at least one hole I managed to take advantage of the long tee shot.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Shot an 86 on my home course (Rancho Park).  Good for a 13.9 differential.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Shot 81. Couldn't fit many fairways, or greens.

Kept hooking and pushing.....

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

Shot 80 yesterday at Ives Hill with a chance to birdie 18 for my first round in the 70's since being able to return to the game.  Granted it was about a 40 footer, but was so excited to be that close after the long lay off. 

• Like 1

In my bag: All Lefty clubs
Goldsmith driver I built 10 degree reg flex, Orlimar 14 degree 3 wood, 7 wood
Cobra Oversize 3 and 4 iron; Gigagolf Ion Control 5 iron through PW firm flex and 1 inch over with 3 degrees upright
Golfsmith SW that I built, steel shaft reg flex, Cleveland Tour Action Raw 60 with dynamic golf stiff
Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport putter

3 minutes ago, scotth said:

Shot 80 yesterday at Ives Hill with a chance to birdie 18 for my first round in the 70's since being able to return to the game.  Granted it was about a 40 footer, but was so excited to be that close after the long lay off.

Welp, I also shot 80 yesterday and came up one revolution short on the 18th to break it.  Suppose it could've been the 2-footer I missed on #1 as well haha.  Still my best round of the year, so I've got that goin' for me.

- Bill

yesterday (I had to attend to the honey doo list when I got home) 5 over on the front and 6 over on the back. Shot an 84 on a Par 73 course.

Super duper scramble day and I had fun with it.  The wind was blowing and I could not get adjusted for it.  On the front 9 it kept pushing my ball right. I only hit 3 GiR on the front and on the back I had only 1 GiR!  32 total putts with two 3 putts. 

While I really enjoyed the scrambling and I had a full round of practicing it but missing so many greens puts so much pressure on the chipping.

One double on the front with one birdie.

I left two par putt on the lip but I did make a 50' putt for the birdie. 

I just could not figure out the wind, it had me baffled all day.  Yet it was a fun day of golf

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

9/06 - 43 on a 129.  It was my 1st round after having a partial Left shoulder replacement 4 weeks ago. I have some ROM restrictions due to the rotator cuff repair component, but hitting mostly punch-type shots I played well (for me).

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Monday I played 9 holes shooting a 55 including three 7s.  I hit some decent tee shots but struggled around the greens.  I even managed to hit two shots sideways into a water hazard which wasn’t even between me and the green. 

As a newbie my goal once I reach the green is to need two putts or less.  I did manage this on 5 of the nine holes.

I was also able to make my first to pars ever.  The first was a tee shot onto the green then two putts.  The other was a tee shot short of the green.  After my cousin showed me how actually use my chipper, I was able to chip to within 7 feet of the hole and made my putt.

Overall a success with two pars, five two putts or less and three tee shots staying in the fairway.

-----

I played another 9 holes at a different executive course.  I’m lucky to have four 9 hole execute courses within seven miles of home.  After some more lessons from my cousin on how to use the chipper, I was able to shoot a personal best of 44.  I did not have any pars but six bogeys, two double bogeys and one 8.  Add to that needing only two putts on five of the nine holes and it was a very successful round.  I couldn’t believe how much more confident I was with the chipper and from how far away I can use it.  I have put the wedges away for a while.  A big assist goes to my cousin for all his patience & coaching during this round.

Tim

Callaway Big Bertha Warbird - Driver - 12° / Adams Tight Lies - 3 Hybrid - 19° 
Adams Tight Lies - 5 hybrid - 25° / Cobra Baffler TWS Senior - 6 hybrid - 32° 
Cleveland Niblick - Utility - 42° / Wilson Harmonized Chipper - 35° / Odyssey White Steel #2 - Putter 

49/51 for 100. Worst round of the year. 37 putts, including a 4-putt (my avg. is 32). The greens were in terrible condition: little 4-footers would just die short of the cup. It was like walking on a squishy old carpet from the 1970's. I can only surmise they are getting ready to punch the course, hence the neglect. 

I admit I didn't hit very good approach shots, but I still should have been in the mid-90's, even playing my irons so bad. On the positive side, my driver has come ALIVE. I was 215-230 in the fairway or first cut every time. And that's far for me! Anyway that driver fitting was some of the best money I've ever spent on golf, I highly recommend everyone do it. 

46/44 for 90 - and that score includes a 10 on one hole! Short course using the driver on the par 5's only. Lowest differential to date (18.7) and second lowest score ever.

I got caught up in a shotgun scramble (the course didn't tell me and shouldn't have let me out there) and played alongside a group that included two single-digit players. I won't say this very often, but it looked like I knew what I was doing out there, lol. 

I made good contact with every full swing but my dispersion wasn't as good as it has been. Still, I didn't miss greens by much, so lots of nGIR's to go with an atypical round of putting. I didn't record it with GameGolf, but I had more pars than I did GIR. Lots of one putts - some from long-range and one from off the green for a birdie.

Along with the 10 stroke 7th, I started the 10th and 11th holes with a triple and double. I was pleased to have been able to recover after some poor holes.

While it was a lot of fun to play this well, I've gotta get my head on straight because this was not typical play for me.

• Like 1

Jon

43 minutes ago, chilepepper said:

77 at Tianna Country Club in MN. Personal best

^^^Whoa, nice work!

Me: +9 on a par 32 course, 2 GIR, 2 pars. I've really been struggling lately. I went to the range this morning and was hitting just fine with every club in the bag, even 4-iron. I think I have developed a bad attitude and become lazy about "fighting back" after bad shots. IMO scoring well in this game is really about managing the bad shots.. I just get so angry, the first time I fly the green or can't find a ball my temper gets the best of me.

I have switched putters (I put the mallet back in the bag) to try and reinvigorate/stimulate some sense of interest and challenge. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Got out after work this afternoon played 18 with a couple other guys. Shot even par 72. Kind of a boring round never got a whole lot going but didn't play bad either. Hit the driver pretty well. Irons were not all that sharp, but the putter continues to be on. Best part of the day was that we got around in 3 hours. Never waited on a single shot. The course was packed behind us, we got there just in time. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Shot a 42 for 9 holes on the back 9. 

I couldn't stay in the fairway off my tee shots, no confidence in my driver. Switched to 3 wood off the tee and was averaging 260 yards. Didn't get on any par 3's in 1. Just a horrible day scrambling, mainly playing from the right side on the other holes fairway. I felt like I hit every tree on the course. Birdied the last hole, but way to late now that I was getting in the groove. Wish I started earlier. Now I put my clubs away and wait till next Saturday to play like trash again. 

I pick up my clubs saturday morning and put them away Saturday afternoon. I play 1 day a week, and it really shows because nothing feels automatic. Every time I hit, I just wish for it not to have a super duper slice/hook. No confidence in my game at all. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion