IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

43 out, 49 home = 92. Very strong sou'wester blowing across the course. Was fairly pleased with the round, all things considered.

Chris.:roll:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Took 6 mos off for my newborn.  Playing a competitive round tomorrow.  Living room short game practice mon-wed, a 4 holes yesterday w some range time.  

Today, shot a 50 on 9 holes after work.  2 pars, 1 bird, 2 8's and 4 proV's lost.   Not looking good for tomorrow.

Another 72 today, that's four straight 9 hole 36's in a 24 hour span. Kind of hit it all over the place but got it up and down when I needed to. 5 Birdies, 5 Bogeys. Bad day with the driver with only two fairways hit. Hit 11 GIR and had 29 putts. All in all not a very good round, but I was not hitting my regular driver as I am messing around with the new PING G400 demo at my course.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Went 38-40 for a solid 78 today. Happy with that especially since that included multiple penalties.

Made a couple long putts for good up and downs/par saves.

This was the first round with the new driver, so still getting used to that. Big slice has been eliminated, actually hit a few drives left, something Im not used to, but overall driver is about 20 yards longer on average than my previous one which was not custom fit for me.

Handicap is continuing to trend down especially since I have been working with evolvr. A few more rounds like this and I might be able to drop into single digits this year. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Friday played Cacapon in West VA on way to a bachelor party.

42-38-80 Didn't hit the ball well at all.

Played Valley View Country Club on Saturday, played much better.

35-37-72 2 birdies, 1 double & 1 bogey. 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

46-43=89 at Carrington. Holed out from the fairway for an eagle on the par 4 11th! Still allowing a few blow up holes to dampen my round. However, I am happy that most of my rounds are now consistently between 85 and 90, a 10-15 shot improvement over the last few years. 

- Mark

Played practice round at The Golden Eagle Golf Club in Irvington VA. Playing in a VSGA Two-man team event tomorrow.  Course was in awful shape, greens were horrendous.  Still played ok, but really disappointing to be playing in a tournament and the greens are basically crap.

37-38-75 5 bogeys and 2 birdies, one ball in hazard and 1 three putt.

Edited by jsgolfer

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

played Mississippi Dunes today the greens were in terrible condition the tee boxes were in terrible shape the fairways were alright considering.

On the front side I had 5 GiR, one Eagle with 4 three putts.  19 total putts and was 6 over.  I was hitting the ball pretty good but the greens were both really fast from lack of water super bumpy from lack of care.

On the back side I hit 2 GiR with one Birdie.  14 putts and was 5 over.  I played overall better on the front then the back

To bad about the course, it is in very rough shape and used to be a nice course with amazing views.  I doubt it will be around next year

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

I shot 78 today on one of my home courses in Palm Desert, Ca. I then played another round today, same course, same tees, and shot 83. The 78 is the lowest round of my life. It's very exciting to score in the 70s and then follow it up with another good score. I am working hard on my game and it's good to see this result. Those of you who have followed me on my 50 state tour, have seen my scores from 2016 to now.   

Played in our match play year long tournament, won our match 7&6.  On to the Final 8.  :beer:

37-39-76 2 birdies, no doubles

-Jerry

Went out last night with my wife for something to do on our anniversary, so I decided to play the forward tees with her to give myself a different view of our course and to spend more time really together.  

My home muni course is just a 9 hole par 35 (36 for the women, our hole #2 is long enough that it's par 6 for the ladies) that isn't extremely long, just shy of 3000 yards from the tips for 9 holes.  From the forward tees, I think it comes in at around 2400 yards and I haven't worked out the slope or rating for men as it's not listed on our scorecard.

Anyways, I was able to obviously get a lot closer to the green from the tee box in a lot of cases which helped my cause, and lead to many tap in pars.  I was able to even get my first ever eagle from 70 yards out on our par 4 9th.  This also lead to the first time I've ever shot under par for 9 holes, with a 33!  I'm sure the rating would probably be close to 28 or something as it's a relatively easy course but it still requires you to hit good shots to shoot that well.  Not sure how to feel about shooting under par for the first time from the forward tees, but it's something that I honestly didn't think I'd ever be able to do from any tees, so that's definitely exciting!

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

Played after work today, started well, ended up being one of the worst 9's I've shot all year. Was walking by myself, behind a slow 4-some in carts. Hit a perfect 5 iron for my tee shot on #1, made par... Hit GIR, made par on 2.... Then on #3, a couple in their 40's or 50's that were behind me pulled up to the tee in their cart. The 4-some had just cleared in front of me, allowing me to tee off on the par 5. I hit a drive that had a bit of a slice to it, then decided to ask if they wanted to play through. They were very cool, and nice, and we ended up playing together the rest of the way. That's where it all fell apart. I still parred the par 5 3rd, but then proceeded to make triple on 4 after going OB, double on 5, 3 putt bogey on 6... Bogeyed par 5 7th after being 180 out in the 1st cut after my tee shot. Bogeyed the 8th, and the 9th as well. Shot a 45. On 4, I hit a pull-draw tee shot on a hole where that was not acceptable. On the short par 3 5th, I slightly pulled a gap wedge and it rocketed off a mound on the backside of the green and ended up going 40 yards past the green and beyond some trees. Then I literally started shanking irons, they still had decent distance but probably went 30-75 yards to the right. I think some of it had to do with being with that couple; since they were with carts I felt like I was hurrying much faster than my normal pace and they didn't really take much time before their shots so I felt obligated to kind of rush my routine and limit practice swings. That being side, none of the circumstances should've caused me to hit the ball as poorly as I did those last 6 holes. Playing again Saturday, going to have to hit the range before then to work it out. 

Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5* S driver
Nike VR-S 3W
Cobra AMP Cell 3H
Callaway Big Bertha 3-10i, 50* W
Ping M/B 56* W
Ping M/B 60* W
Odyssey Black Series #8 

10 hours ago, Dakota Atkinson said:

Played after work today, started well, ended up being one of the worst 9's I've shot all year. Was walking by myself, behind a slow 4-some in carts. Hit a perfect 5 iron for my tee shot on #1, made par... Hit GIR, made par on 2.... Then on #3, a couple in their 40's or 50's that were behind me pulled up to the tee in their cart. The 4-some had just cleared in front of me, allowing me to tee off on the par 5. I hit a drive that had a bit of a slice to it, then decided to ask if they wanted to play through. They were very cool, and nice, and we ended up playing together the rest of the way. That's where it all fell apart. I still parred the par 5 3rd, but then proceeded to make triple on 4 after going OB, double on 5, 3 putt bogey on 6... Bogeyed par 5 7th after being 180 out in the 1st cut after my tee shot. Bogeyed the 8th, and the 9th as well. Shot a 45. On 4, I hit a pull-draw tee shot on a hole where that was not acceptable. On the short par 3 5th, I slightly pulled a gap wedge and it rocketed off a mound on the backside of the green and ended up going 40 yards past the green and beyond some trees. Then I literally started shanking irons, they still had decent distance but probably went 30-75 yards to the right. I think some of it had to do with being with that couple; since they were with carts I felt like I was hurrying much faster than my normal pace and they didn't really take much time before their shots so I felt obligated to kind of rush my routine and limit practice swings. That being side, none of the circumstances should've caused me to hit the ball as poorly as I did those last 6 holes. Playing again Saturday, going to have to hit the range before then to work it out. 

Whenever I am paired with strangers, I take that as an opportunity to tune them out to concentrate on my game. Most often, they are fine folks, just trying to hack the ball around like me

87 yesterday with a tee shot O.B. on #2 (yes, counted in the score), but 5 GIR and 6 near GIR and two greens hit with a full swing (one PW one 9-iron) but not for GIR. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

43 on the front.
Mostly par-bogie golf with a quad bogie on the 4th hole.

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Shot a 76 from shorter 5600 yd tees. 50% GIR and 31 putts.

Wedges were excellent, had 2 tap in birdies after wedge shots from 40 and 100 yds.

Still popped a few drives up and chunked some mid irons but overall pretty solid. Back to back rounds in the 70s, really starting to see improvements from my evolvr lessons. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

39 on a 138. Great day for me. Missed 3 greens with a few 3-putts :pound:

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny