IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

40-47 for and 87. Right around my hcp I guess.

10 pars and a birdie. That's right, 15 over on 7 holes- and four pars and the birdie were in the 47, so that was 11 over on 4 holes!

If that was not enough "adventure", I almost stepped on a cottonmouth.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

89 (47-42). Among other savviness, I lost 5 balls OB. I s truck the ball very solidly, for me. Improvement is definitely happening, even if it doesn't always look like it. I hate that the season is winding down.

Community GC, Dales Course, Dayton, OH

42-40-82

Played the Gem City's easiest course and managed a decent score despite hitting one freaking fairway the entire day. This short track has been made even easier by ash borer that caused the city to level a ton of trees over the past year. With the old slice-pull action on the driver in full effect, I'd have been in some trouble otherwise.

League guys played 18 yesterday.  I played fantastic.  Shot 38-38.  Had 2 birdies, 11 pars, 3 bogies, 2 doubles. I als lipped out 2 putts.  Best round i have ever shot. 

• Like 1

Got a bit inebriated on Friday night and showed up not ready to play in my Tournament on Saturday. Posted my worst round of the year 78 (+6) from the white tees :cry:. Straight stupidity! Side note: I still didn't have a 6 on the card just way too many 5's.

Actually went to bed like a normal person on Saturday night and played 18 with the Director of Golf and head pro at my course on Sunday. Threw a little 69 (-3) at them from the way back tees. Funny how not being hungover helps your game. :doh:

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Strange round. 47-40-87

And the 47 on the front included a birdie. I then doubled 10 and felt like walking off the golf course. Can't say why or what happened, but I parred the next 7 holes, all in regulation, with three legit putts for birdie inside 15 feet. And then doubled 18. A 40 with 7 pars sandwiched by 2 doubles. Like I said, strange round.  

Bill M

Chaska Town Course, 82.  This is likely the nicest city course in the region - next door to Hazeltine.  That's a good score for me on this particular course.  I think #18 on this course is one of the best holes in the entire area.  It truly teases you with some serious risk/reward options on the tee and the approaches

49 degrees and 25 MPH winds gusting to 40.  FUN!!  I seem to play decent on windy days.  But approaches into the wind was 2, 2.5 extra clubs (with my normal higher flying ball flight)

Having a hard time finding a good ball for cold whether play.  I just step back another tee and it seems to work.

I was the ONLY person on the entire course (I'm told the only other player finished his round when I was starting #2).

Fall rates in play now, so I'm hitting all the really nice courses before the season closes - and I think it's soon.

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Sunday,

Kittyhawk GC, Falcon Course, Dayton, OH

Unscored

My little brother is back in town and I took him to our executive course for his first-ever round on this chilly afternoon. Comfort aside, it was the perfect time since almost nobody else was out there. 

It was what you might expect for a less-coordinated first timer. There were a bunch of little dribblers and a few skulls across greens, but he started to catch on towards the end. His highlight was making a 10-foot putt to save bogey on the short 17th hole.

For my part, I was pretty happy with how I hit the ball, but the putts weren't dropping. I was working with a putter I just received the day before and I don't have a feel for it yet.

Shot a 43-37 +8 at Legends Golf Club on Saturday, definitely my best round since moving to Florida.  Missed a three footer for par on 18 that would have given me the 79. 

Last week I shot an 84 on the same course with 7 pars and a birdie, but also 3 doubles and a triple, so I came back because I just knew I could get rid of those blow-up holes.  Really pleased with the round.

Full disclosure, however, in that I played from the white tees.  I hit my 4 hybrid off of every tee except for one, and missed only 2 fairways.

Played Saturday at Ives Hill, and shot a 81 which wasn't bad considering they quite mowing the course already.   The grass is so tall even in the middle of the fairway it sometimes took forever to find your ball.

Was hard to keep concentration up when it took so long between shots for everybody to find ball and play.  

That was also the last day of the season, and all the area courses are now officially closed for the season.  

Members can still walk and play Ives, but not sure when next round will be.... Rain for the next 7 days and then who knows how tall grass will be after that, plus possible snow next week.

In my bag: All Lefty clubs
Goldsmith driver I built 10 degree reg flex, Orlimar 14 degree 3 wood, 7 wood
Cobra Oversize 3 and 4 iron; Gigagolf Ion Control 5 iron through PW firm flex and 1 inch over with 3 degrees upright
Golfsmith SW that I built, steel shaft reg flex, Cleveland Tour Action Raw 60 with dynamic golf stiff
Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport putter

Played a new course yesterday. The fairways were perfect but the greens were heavily sanded a few weeks ago.  It was also extremely long for my taste. 6700+ yards from the mens tees. Shot a horrid 115. But I found the feel for the last few holes so it was a good day. 

Played my first 18 hole course (Firewheel Golf Park-Old Course Garland, TX) yesterday and loved it.  Shot a 107 for my first official round.  I think I'm hooked on managed 18 hole courses with golf carts, it was a freaking blast.  

• Like 1

44 on 9 holes. 3 pars and two double bogies. 6 FIR, 1 GIR. 14 putts including two 15 footers. Ball striking was hot garbage.

First round in golf pants and beanie since March. Windy, wet, and cold, leaves strewn everywhere. Borderline unplayable. Probably going to shut it down here soon and go into training mode until next Spring. 

1 hour ago, Kalnoky said:

44 on 9 holes. 3 pars and two double bogies. 6 FIR, 1 GIR. 14 putts including two 15 footers. Ball striking was hot garbage.

First round in golf pants and beanie since March. Windy, wet, and cold, leaves strewn everywhere. Borderline unplayable. Probably going to shut it down here soon and go into training mode until next Spring. 

The leaves don't help in finding the more adventurous drives. I hate that the season is ending.

Hit the twilight price today and went for a quick 9. Shot 50 but actually played a very good round. 

Had 3 pars and 2 singles. One hole I doubled was a par 5 where I was on the green in 4 but I was on the wrong layer of the green. So the 25' putt just barely rolled over the hill but it missed the hole and kept rolling off the green so I 3 putted that one. The one hole that really blew up my score was the next one where I don't know exactly how I got a 9 (par 4), it involved a lateral water hazard an a 3 putt. My best hole was the last. It's a short par 5 (476 yards). Hit my driver about 250 in the first cut. Then I did what I almost never do and played my 3 wood (I usually only use it off the tee). Hit to about 5 yards to the side of the green (about 220 yards). Chipped and had a birdie putt come up short.

But let me tell you, this game gets so much more exciting when you are near the green in 2 on par 5's. And that's why I struggled on the last course I played where there were par 4's of 435 yards...