IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Went out first thing this morning, very foggy & soggy conditions...and pretty much lost count after 9 holes. If I had to guess, maybe 120, but that was to be expected. The Mizuno MP 52's were good clubs to try them out for the first time, I just couldn't hit the irons consistently as usual. My drives were the only positive part of the game, the rest...just meh. Still had fun though! 

11/05 - played today....like garbage. 93 on a 126

driver: C

irons: C-

short game: C+

putting: D

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sunday,

Miami Shores GC, Troy, OH

44-51-95

Ironic given the recent discussion on short game that the wedge and putter crapped all over my scorecard on this day. Despite the horrific score on this relatively easy course, I really did hit some solid full-swing shots. On a couple of holes, my drives allowed me to hit shorter approach shots than ever before and I play this course frequently. I hit three approach shots a bit too well and flew the green.

There are no excuses for the sloppy wedge play, but I was experimenting with a putter that a friend of my gave me recently. For whatever reason, I was missing everything left. The old Knight putter will be restored to the bag for any further golfing activity this year.

The last two weeks I have played pretty good.  Trying to squeeze in as much golf as I can before winter so I played Sat & Sun.

Last week: Sat 88 Sun: 85!

This week: Sat 86 Sun: 82!

Tied my lowest last week with another 85.  That is good for me but I want to shoot an 80.

Sun I was worried with a 45 on the front but I tore it up on the back with a 37 for my best 9 hole score and lowest round ever!  5 pars and a birdie was pretty sweet.  Trying to do that 6 challenge but it is tough.  Would have made it if it was a 7 challenge.

Hope this coming weekend I can get out both days again.

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

85 over  6000 yards. With 3 birdies!!! Claiming the no 6's challenge seems as elusive as Phil winning the US Open.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Played in a balmy 45 degree day at Springfield.

39-38-77 almost a no-sixes day, but one 6 on the Par 5 number 2.  12 Pars, 6 bogeys.  Started bogey, bogey, bogey. Throw in one more bogey on 6 and then 2 over the rest of the way.  Just couldn't make a putt, greens were as slow as I've seen them in a while, but the course is in great shape for this time of year.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Shot an 81 today from the men's tees. Had one birdie on a par 5.

Hit plenty of greens, and had 6 birdie putts inside of 8 feet from outside 140 yards, none of them converted. The rest of the time I was around 25 feet from the hole when I hit a green.

Short game was good today, around 46 percent in scrambling (good for me, normally I do around 15 %.)

Overall a pretty poor round.

• 2 weeks later...

Went out on Saturday, shot 108, which I look at as an improvement, considering I don't think I've ever broken 110 before (baby steps). Only good part of my game were my drives, the newer driver I recently got (Ping G10) felt amazing and was able to hit it very consistently and with good power, the only problem was, the rest of my game was awful, ha. 

On a positive note, unexpectedly, my golfing buddy got me a Callaway PM Mack Daddy Grind 60 degree Wedge as a birthday present, which came out of nowhere. He knew I've been eyeing it for the last few months, but didn't expect getting one just yet, so that was rather kind of him, to say the least .Still need a few more rounds out to adjust to the club, but it sure is pretty! 

Edited by pmack18

Had an awesome Saturday golfing with my buddies.  Might have been the last time.  Was about 50* -55* out and that's good for Thanksgiving weekend!

44 front, 43 back for a nice 87!

I owned the par 3's that day.  2 birds and 2 pars.  1 was 4 1/2 inches from being a hole in one!  Looked good all the way to the hole.  Another was 12", 3rd was 4' and last 18'. 

Driver was drawing nice, long irons were spot on, wedges pretty good and the putter was doing good as well.

Tried a 2 wood (the deuce) and a 4 wood in the bag as I left the 3 & 5 at home and I think they might be in there full time.

Hope for maybe another round or two before it's too cold.

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Played earlier today. First time out since coming down with the flu bug about 18 days ago. I hit a few balls at the range during that time, while using an old set of irons, but those sessions were very limited.  

Walked the first 9, bought a cart for the second 9. Shot a 91 (41/50). Energy level went south after the 12th hole. Had 35 strokes the last 6 holes. Didn't play too bad.  Just didn't have the energy reserves to continue playing my normal game. I am still way below my normal weight. 

Bright side was, I was finally able to get back out there, and actually smack that e6 ball again for a score. Maybe play atleast 9 holes this coming Friday. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Good day on SGCC today.

Played in our normal weekend group.

34-39-73 4 birdies, 1 Double, 1 3-putt 

9 GIR's

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1945637

+6 through 14 before light went. Really happy given that I haven't played much recently. Just had a bit of a nightmare on the first par 3, where I found two muddy lies and played poor wedge shots. Otherwise pretty decent!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Off course once our handicap season is over, I play my best round of the year...

Shot 84 (42-42, par 73) at my home course. Conditions were good for this time of the year.
Put one tee-shot into a waterhazard trying to cut the corner on a dogleg, ended up with double bogey on that hole.

Hit 7/14 fairways, 7 GIR, 35 putts (no three putts).

Had the exact same thing a few weeks ago... So annoying they don't allow any counting or qualifying competitions anymore.

Mine was a 9 hole round, shot a 3-over 39 (which still included a duffed chip and missing a put less than 1 meter...).  6/7 Fairways and 5/9 GIR.
We should play together some time.

I played yesterday morning, and carded an 85. (42/43). Nothing real bad, and nothing really good. I did make two chips for par, and a couple long putts to save bogey. 

It was a definate a bogey golf day. Had 15 bogies and 3 pars. 2 of the pars were on par 5s. The other par was on a par 3. 

We are having cold weather (for us) right now with chill factors in the mid 30s, low 40s. I am thinking about playing again today, but right now the weather guy is telling me the chill factor is 31. Might just spend some time on short game practice area after it warms up a bit. As long as I am hitting balls, I am happy. 

In My Bag:

1 hour ago, Patch said:

I played yesterday morning, and carded an 85. (42/43). Nothing real bad, and nothing really good. I did make two chips for par, and a couple long putts to save bogey. 

It was a definate a bogey golf day. Had 15 bogies and 3 pars. 2 of the pars were on par 5s. The other par was on a par 3. 

We are having cold weather (for us) right now with chill factors in the mid 30s, low 40s. I am thinking about playing again today, but right now the weather guy is telling me the chill factor is 31. Might just spend some time on short game practice area after it warms up a bit. As long as I am hitting balls, I am happy. 

Score was right. Just forgot about a couple par 4 pars. 

In My Bag:

Friday: 68 (-4). Hit a shank on a Par 3 with a 9 iron, save bogey.

Saturday: Abandon after 9 holes, hit a friend in the back with my tee shot. He was playing  the 18th hole and was looking his ball in the trees that 9th and 18th holes share, never saw him till my ladies playing partners start running towars him when he hits the ground. Pritty bad experience. Gladly he show up on Sunday to play 18 more holes. He was OK. 

Sunday: 80 (+8), after an 8 on hole 2 i decided that it was a good round to practice and enjoy the sunny day. 

It was in the mid-60's today, a beautiful day in CO.  Went out and played first time in a couple of weeks.  Didn't hit the ball particularly well, but not too bad.  Had 3 doubles!!!  But still shot 78 with 3 birdies.  42 + 36 (even par on the back nine).  I thought my score would be higher, but when I added them up, I was mildly surprised.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2