IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Walked 18 today. Carded an 83 (42/41) for the round. (+12) Made a par 4 birdie, which was a pleasent surprise considering it was a 20' putt. A good read, the right speed, and a little luck on that critter. It also made the one double bogey I had look a little better. :whistle: Everything else was par, or bogey. I did hit a nice 2i, 170 yards, for a gir on a par three. 

Course was pretty empty so I kind had the place to myself. 

I'm still getting use to my new bag make up. 3W, 12 irons, and my putter. Having fun getting reaquainted  with those older, 1990 irons. The irons do need their grips changed, which is not surprising. 

It was a great weather day at 67*f, and the fact that the 6700+/- yard walk didn't tucker me out was a good thing. I think I am finally getting back up to speed after my flu episode. Most likely will go again tomorrow. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1960345

73 (+1) for a new personal best :banana:

The good news is that I'm getting more comfortable going low - particularly pleasing given that I was not swinging well. There were a few lucky breaks, but I stayed aggressive the whole way and had a really good number of birdie opportunities. 78% GIR helps :-).

More specifically, my driving was pretty dire compared to where it has been - I was fighting a hook the whole time and just wasn't finding a groove. Putted pretty well, but would like to hole more, wedge game was generally outstanding with one blip on the 18th. I was also delighted with how many times I got to pin-high. Slightly gutted that, having been this close, I couldn't quite close out a round under par (-2 through 12), but it's great progress!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

I played this morning. Pretty sure this is the first time I ever played on Christmas Eve, but my two son in laws talked me into it. Normally I never play on weekends.......period. 

Walked the 18 holes. Shot a 79 with 28 putts. 7 bogies, and 11 pars. I took the boys' money, and wished them a Merry Christmas. :-D

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Hadn't played in a while, and shot a 41 through 9 the other day. Been practicing non-stop ever since.

Nothing seems to motivate me like golf, and I really love that about the game.

Played yesterday, probably last round for the year in No. VA

39-40-79 10 pars 8 bogeys pretty boring round

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• 2 weeks later...

PLayed Disney’s Magnolia course on December 31st.

White Tees

40-37-77 3 birdies no doubles

Played Hunter’s Green Country Club with @kpaulhus , my wife and my Dad.

41-37-78 1 birdie and 1 double Played pretty good with the conditions.  Windy and cold on the front 9, weather a little better on the back.  Last few holes in top the wind on the front were tough.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I played yesterday with my husband and his sons, and I shot an 87, which for me is fabulous! My best hole was the par-5 #15, it's a dogleg left and I was able to cut the corner a bit with my drive, then a beautiful 3-wood, a 9-iron on, and a 7-footer side hill putt for birdie!

i love this game!

• Like 2

Barbara

www.golfgirl.net 

On 1/6/2018 at 7:09 AM, Billsy said:

Living in PA - no golf weather for a while.

That's so sad.

I played with the women's club this morning and shot a crappy 95. Started and ended with triple bogeys, wah.

Barbara

www.golfgirl.net 

First round of 2018...started well and finished very poorly. I am in the middle of quite the swing change so I didn’t expect a whole lot but after 10 solid holes I was very happy. Then three straight triples and the rest of the round was just blah. 

Heron Lakes (63/107) 43 front, 51 back, 94 total :(

Yesterday I shot a 89 at a new course. I was super excited because I started with par, par, bogey, and another par!  All those pars were one-putts of considerable difficulty.  I had a 41 on the front, which is my best for sure this year and maybe ever.  The back nine wasn't nearly as pretty, but I didn't have any triples.  The last three holes I was getting cold and cranky and out of focus because I couldn't stop thinking about cheeseburgers.  (Also, the beverage cart never showed up.)  I gotta work on that, being able to concentrate under such adverse conditions!

Today I shot a 95 at a different course.  I've played this one before; they call it a links course and it was certainly windy like I'd imagine a links course would be.  The greens were not in good condition with wicked pin placements, and in fact the entire course seemed a bit neglected, but maybe some would just call it "rugged."

Anyhow, it was a very different experience for me, but fun trying to figure out what the wind was going to do to my shot, how to get around or over the bunkers and berms and burns, and what the heck the break was!  My husband and I were practically alone on the course, so we sometimes threw down another ball to try the shot we just messed up. Always counted the real one for my score though. :-)

I'm still figuring out the whole handicap index thing, and it was interesting to note that, though both these rounds counted in my best 10 of 20, today's score had almost the same differential as yesterday's.

Barbara

www.golfgirl.net 

95. Putting and chipping were bad, but that's not all... Even though I hit 13/14 fairways, my approach shots were inconsistent.

Barbara

www.golfgirl.net 

My first round of 18 in 2018 was on my home course, and it was brutal. Well north of 100. It was a solo practice round to work on my new grip, but discouraging never the less. I just started taking lessons so I need to work out the changes that my instructor recommended. That’s hard, especially when I was hitting the ball fairly straight though not very long with my old mechanics.

Only time (and the range) will tell if these changes improve my game at all.

15 hours ago, tehuti said:

My first round of 18 in 2018 was on my home course, and it was brutal. Well north of 100. It was a solo practice round to work on my new grip, but discouraging never the less. I just started taking lessons so I need to work out the changes that my instructor recommended. That’s hard, especially when I was hitting the ball fairly straight though not very long with my old mechanics.

Only time (and the range) will tell if these changes improve my game at all.

Hang in there with the grip change, @tehuti!  Last year, I changed my wonky strong grip to neutral, and it took about a month for it to feel anywhere near natural... but once I fixed that fatal flaw, my scores began dropping.

Barbara

www.golfgirl.net 

Eighth round of 2018 yesterday (SO fortunate to live in southern california!), played with my weekly women's club and played really well through #11, then started a migraine and fell apart for several holes until meds kicked in, parred two in a row, finished with a 4-putt triple bogey! 93 total... 43 on the front and 50 on the back.  I usually count putts but I was scoring for the whole group so I didn't. I know I hit 12 fairways.

Best hole was the par 5 #2... a long-for-me straight drive, a good shot with my 3 wood, which always seems to fade 20* then another 3 wood which I expected to fade onto the green so I aimed 20* left, but it went straight! So I'm pin high left, downhill lie on super flat practically dirt or mashed down dead grass, and I need to chip over a bunker about 25 yards to the pin.  I said to myself, "This is your backyard shot, easy peasy," so I visualized it, felt what it needed to be, and did it! Stuck it about a foot from the hole!

Edited by Golfer gal
  • Like 1

Barbara

www.golfgirl.net 

Shot a 90 today!  42 on the front, and I had that in my mind at the turn, so I messed up a few holes :angry:

Best hole #3:  it's a short par 4 with a lake maybe 180-200 from the tee; I can't reach it.  My drive was good but not fabulous, and I needed my new 5 hybrid over the side of the lake.  The pin was tucked back left, so I just go for the fat part of the green, but it rolls out. leaving me a double breaking, sidehill putt of about a mile.  I read it and stroked it just right, and tapped in for a par. Yeah, me!

Barbara

www.golfgirl.net 

After a one month hiatus I played my first round of 2018. My chipping and putting definitely need some work. My tee shots were, for the most part,  pretty good. Six double bogeys and three triple bogeys hurt the most and I ended up with a 99.

It is important to expect nothing, to take every experience, including the negative ones, as merely steps on the path, and to proceed.”. Ram Dass

Out in 54 and back in 38 for a nice, neat, 92.  Thank goodness it wasn't the other way around.  Couldn't find the golf course on the front side; but drove home in good spirits.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."