IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

97 today. Another poor round. My handicap will now be over 23. I started the year at 21. Swing didn’t really feel good today. Hitting too many duffs and topped shots. Short Game was abysmal. 37 Putts. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played TPC Piper Glen today, probably had the best 78 I’ve ever shot.

39-39-78 1 birdie, no doubles, no sixes round.

5 4 4 4 4 5 4 5 4 -39   5 4 3 5 4 5 4 4 5 - 39. 78

So why would a 79 be a great round, come to find out the course will be closed in 3-weeks in order to redo the greens and fairways.  The greens were so hard, you almost couldn’t get a ball to stop on the greens.  And not only were they hard as bricks,  but they almost all sloped front to back.  And if you did finally get one to stop, you were left with some mighty long putts. After a few holes, it was almost comical to see the ball hit the green and bounce as far as it did.  I never had to fix a ball mark all day, never made one and I hit a lot of greens, albeit the ball didn’t stay on it.  

I thought the layout was superb, so can’t wait to come back when it’s been redone.  I’ll post some pictures tomorrow if i have a chance. There were a lot of impressive houses surrounding the course.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Last several rounds. No under par rounds in March....April off to a good start.

IMG_5441.PNG

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I played Saturday and shot 90.

I had 7 GIR and 6-7 near GIR. Putting was not good --greens were very slow and I could not adjust. By slow I mean 60-70% of normal speed. Line was generally good. I spent about an hour on the putting green post round.

I am about 1 club short on my irons. I have been working with a shorter backswing to improve contact, and am making progress, so hopefully speed will come as I am able to increase swing length. I still had a couple of bad contacts.

Wedge play needs work. I especially need work on near full  shots with 48, 52, and 56.

I only had one unplayable drive-not too far off line, but against a small tree. Distance not where I want, but not terrible for me for conditions.

Overall, I am somewhat pleased with progress and think I am working on the right things.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Shot 77 yesterday and only three putted once. I was pretty thrilled about that. The greens were slower yesterday so I think that helped some. My handicap, however, is inching upward (now I'm 1.9).

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Lord, I don't wanna know.

Started off birdie, par, par then it turned ugly.  I stopped counting. I could figure it out, if I wanted to, but I prefer to never know.

Grand Harbor Yacht & Country Club

Blue Tees, 6600 Yds

With my good friend @coachjimsc 

39-39-78 2 doubles and 1 birdie

Great day on the course and a great time with Jim.  

• Like 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Grand Harbor Yacht & Country Club, Ninety Six, SC

Blue Tees, 6600 Yds

First 18 hole round of the year with my good friend @jsgolfer 

38-38-76 1 double and 2 birdies

Great day on the course and a great time with Jerry and his best friend John.  ;-)

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Horrible day, Played the white tees, Dye Course at Barefoot. Shot 91, with two chip ins from 20  and 15 yards off the green, and made 2 putts over 25 feet, so my score should've been a lot worse. My mid and short irons are a disaster right now. Just can't hit a green. Finished a 3 lesson package last week, trying to fix an inside takeaway and over the top move. I feel like I'm in knots right now, nothing feels comfortable or "natural" with my game. The frustrating part is, on the range I'm more at ease and able to make the move I'm trying to. Once I get to the course, I'm lost.

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Shot 74, being my lowest round in 4 years.  Finally made some putts on the shots that I hit close.

4 5 2 6 4 3 5 3 3-35  4 5 4 4 4 5 5 4 4-39---74

30 putts, 7 bogies, 4 birdies

Taylormade 425 R7 Driver- Tour stiff Cobra AMP 3 wood- Stiff Titleist 704 CB irons 2-PW Cleveland 588 wedges- 56 and 60 Ping Pick Em Up- belly putter Taylormade Penta 5 balls

Played 5 rounds in a row from last thursday to this monday.

1- Home course: 70(-2). Bogey free round, 1st time in my life :D.
2- Orquidea golf club: 74(+2). First time i play there.
3- Home course: 75(+3). A good practice round.
4- SmithField Golf Club: 75(+3). First time i play there.
5- Home course: 74(+2). Another good practice round.

75 this morning. 1 birdie, 4 bogeys, and 13 pars. Maybe hitting those 250 balls at the range yesterday helped.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

37-40 77 (+6)

2 birdies, 1 double. 

Taylormade 425 R7 Driver- Tour stiff Cobra AMP 3 wood- Stiff Titleist 704 CB irons 2-PW Cleveland 588 wedges- 56 and 60 Ping Pick Em Up- belly putter Taylormade Penta 5 balls

• Administrator

71 at Whispering Woods from mixed tees.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/2084338

Played pretty well, really. A few goofy shots here and there, but got away with a few, and also missed a few putts I could have/should have made.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

A hard to swallow 99 on a new course, Links with fast greens.

Par'ed 4 of the last 6 holes to come in with 18 point back 9 (+3 for the 6 holes)

Taking the best back 9 prize at least.

Down to 19hcp from 20 last year, hoping to go below 18 this year

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

40-36-76 

No sixes round, 2 birdies and 7 bogeys

SGCC from our back tees.

Played in our A Team Playoff match, we won front back and overall for a 3-0 win but our team lost the match in a playoff.  

• Like 1

-Jerry

84 today, a personal best.  Could've been better, I tripled the 18th which is a fairly easy par four.  Overall I'm pretty damn happy about the round.