IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Got out for nine holes after work yesterday and shot a +4, 40. I haven't played much recently so I was pleasantly surprised how well I hit the ball. I actually missed 3 putts inside 8 feet for birdie.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

• Administrator
74 at Lake View. Driver was all over, but putting was solid and I hit mostly good shots outside of the driver. Three bogeys and two birdies on the front nine - one bogey and eight pars on the back nine.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

48 on the back nine of Fox Run. Something was off, although I couldn't exactly tell what it was. I'm just going to shrug it off as a bad day. 20 putts, a bit above average, but the greens were slower than usual.

Speaking of rain... it washed out this morning. My buddy's drive on #18 sailed off to the right and we hared off after it in the golf cart...mistake. The area, the bottom of a valley, was all muddy. I managed to get the cart stuck in the bottom of a creek bed (muddy) and it dug in about eight inches. We tried for about 10 minutes to get it out, and eventually I stuck hazard stakes under the rear wheels until they finally grabbed - with a huge amount of effort we managed to get the cart out after taking both bags out of the back and pushing really hard. It was made extra hard because right in front of the creek was a steep hill. My shoes and pants were covered in mud by then, though.

Ah, golf cart stories.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

91 at Ludlow Country Club... started on the 10th with a gross quad-bogey and came in at at 16-over-52. started the front 9 pretty bad with a double on a par 3. went out in a 3-over-39. totaled a 19-over today. hit 5 fairways off the tee (some others just missed, a couple were placed in the rough for easy shot to the green), 4 GIR's, and 8 1-putts. not too bad of a day. but i would rather see something closer to a 40 on the back 9 next time.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

jumped out on the back of my club this morning because there was a line on the 1st. Shot a +4 39 on the back, then when I made the turn it started raining. Played 1,2, & 3 one over, then had to stop due to thunder and rain.

Shame about the weather because I think I would have broken 80.

Shot an 83 today (43-front/40-back). I'm happy with it. Pulled my drive directly behind this tree on the 12th today; which was directly in line with the green. (The green you see in the way back on the right isn't the green I had to hit to.)

Nice lie, eh?

The sticks:
Driver: r5 10.5° Stiff N
3 wood: 980f 15°
Irons: RAC OS 4-9
Wedges: 48° & 56°, SV 60°Putter: TracyBall: NXT Tour

just got back from playing 9 (the rain is coming as a I speak)....shoot a 47 on the front 9...had 2 blow up holes back2back (7 on each )....had a 6-8ft putt on the #9 Par 5 for Birdie and missed it (caddyshack style but mine didn't roll in) over all pleased with my ball striking today though regardless what the score said.

I shot a 24 last night in my league. Unfortunately we were on the 5th green when the group in front of us told us that a big storm was heading in our direction. It was ugly to the North of us, but ther was supposedly one about 30 minutes away, heading straight into the course. For our league to have a complete round the last group, in this case my group, has to finish 6 holes. No big deal as we were through 5 with time to spare.

What compounded the whole mess is that we were playing with my wife's aunt and my mother-in-law was in the group ahead of us. They are absolutely terrified of storms. They both wanted to leave on the spot, even though there was no imminent danger. We convinced them to finish so we could call it a complete night. They reluctantly agreed and figured to save time we should all play the last hole together. We were already playing as a five because my wife and I joined the the group ahead of us that only had three and play was so slow we were waiting even then.

So all nine of us tee off and I hit my best shot of the night. An absolute rope to the 220 yard Par 3. I end up just short of pin high, about 25 feet from the flag. After everyone gets on the green there are balls and markers everywhere. I'm getting ready to putt when someone putts from inside my ball. They proceed to putt out. Then it happens again and again. I'm just standing there getting pissed. Finally I get over the ball and end up leaving it 5 feet short. I of course miss my par and take a 4. I don't know if I was more upset by the frenzy of people rushing for cover or by the fact I let it bother me. I was playing pretty well at that point.

What we do in the event of a shortened round is take the players average relative to par and divide it by 9. We then add that number to par and give them their score for the remaining holes. I had to take bogeys for the last 3. Who knows what actually would have happened, but I was +5 through 6 and had just started hitting it pretty well. I gues this formula worked well enough as most of the group shot within +/- 2-3 of their average. I hit mine on the nose.

By the way, two of our people played out the 9 and it never rained once.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Probably one of my most impressive performances in a while considering the conditions. Played in torrential rainfall from holes 11 through 18 and yet scored even par on the back nine at Riverway Golf course in Burnaby, British Columbia. 4 over on the front so that makes a 4 over 76. It was a bit unbelievable but also a quiet 4 over par round likely because the rain was quite loud!!?? Great driving and ball striking and only one 3 putt which was from about 60 feet.

What's In my bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R5 Dual 9.5* UST Proforce V2 77g S
3Wood: Mizuno F-60 13.5* Mizuno Exsar 75S
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 3/4 Aldila VS Proto 80SIrons: Adams Pro Forged (5-PW) True Temper Black Gold SWedges: Cleveland 588 (3) 50, 588 (DSG) 54 & 60Putter: Ping i-Series Craz-EBalls:.....

Couldn't ask for a better golf day - 80 degrees and sunny. Truly a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde day today. I hacked and dubbed my way to a 48 on the front, but burned up the back side with a 37, missing my putt for 36 by an inch. And the back side is that much harder, too. (85 in all). Got myself a new lowest score for 9 holes - I was really on my "A" game the back nine - drove down the middle, solid iron play, chipped and pitched it really close, and drained those putts. Now if only I can do that all the time...

Kind of a miracle, considering I only hit three greens in regulation. Got up and down five times, and one chip-in. 19/12 putts. 7 out of 14 fairways.

2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

91 from the blue tees. I actually was striking the ball well, just screwed up at bad times. lay-up on a par five and then chunk my wedge into the water, double....it was that kinda day...way too many 3 putts....37 total putts.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I had an "I'm done counting" 9 holes today. It was pathetic, but I FINALLY got to hit my new driver which has been sitting in my damn trunk unused for almost 3 weeks. Still getting used to using the size (first oversize driver), but I had a pretty nice drive of about 250 yards that was dead straight and just off the left edge of the fairway on the 7th hole. Plus, it sounds like a Callaway driver. Real thick sound. I love it.

That felt good.

My brother in-law played pretty well, including being 3 feet from his first ace on the 177 yard 9th hole.

I wanna go golfing again.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

Shot a 102 on my home course, pretty close to my goal of shooting in the
90's. Maybe it will happen during tomorrow's round, just have to chip and put a little better.

In the bag:
Driver - Cleveland Launcher Comp 11.5*
Fairway Woods - TaylorMade 580 3W, 5W, 7W
Iron - Titleist 775 4I - AW
Wedges - TaylorMade RAC TP Satin 56*, 60*Putter - OdesseyBall - TopFlite Strata (various forms)

disgusting 101 today

highlight of the round: i bombed a 340yd drive on a 490yd par 5 right down the gut. but that high ended when i duffed my 8iron shot into the woods instead of OVER the trees. i proceeded to punch out with a blade 3iron which has NEVER failed me, and decided to disappoint this time. R.I.P blade 3iron sorry I forced you to make love to that tree. I ended up shooting a 10 on that hole

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

44. Three pars four bogeys and (ugh) two doubles. Lost a ball in the cabbage on one and on the other, flubbed a chip. I was so-so off the tee - I got my share of good drives and bad drives, with pretty good iron play, and some real good chipping. Started to slide a bit on the last few holes, though - water ball on 17, and couldn't get it close anymore.

2/7 fairways (not a single miss was bad), 3/9 GIR, 2 up's and downs. 17 putts.

Front: 48. Miserable round, hit only 1 good drive and the short game was awful
Back: 42. Much better, drives were consistant 265 and straight, short game was on fire.

32 Putts on the round! and still shot 90. Didn't deserve that at all.

In The Huffer:

Driver: Superquad 10.5* Aldila NV-S Shaft
3w: 975 F
Hybrid: 22 Degree Baffler Multimetal3-PW: LCG Burner IronsSW: 56 Degree 588 GunmetalPutter: DfX No 2Balls: ALWAYS NXT Tour #3's, or NXT Extreme #3'sHome Course: Glenmoor Country Club: Jack Nicklaus Signature Course. 7015...