IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Decent round today after quite a few stinkeroos. Started playing the tips regularly a couple of weeks ago not that the distance is much of a contributer to my score. Shot a 77 with 4 birdies, and 1 double bogey. Par is 71 with a 127 slope. 

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Best round in nearly 2 decades.. maybe my life today. Shot a 36-39 75 on my home course today. Left at least 3 shots (maybe 4) out there today. Everything was clicking thanks to a quick 15 minute session with my pro before the round. 2 birdies and no doubles. Got a bogey on 16, 17, and 18.

Today's round was an ugly 78. Even par going into 13, and finished bogey, double, bogey, par, bogey, bogey. Lost 6 shots in the last 6 holes. Just couldn't do anything right all of a sudden.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Played Madison Meadows in Ennis, MT for the first time today.  A really fun 9 hole course.  I played 18 using the white tees on the front and the blue on the back.  6242 yds., slope 111 with some very fun elevated tees and blind landing areas of a couple of them.  I ended up OB on a drive I drilled and expected to be in position A; just part of the price learning the layout :mad:.  The course was in primo condition and near empty.  Happy with an 87 not having played much since getting back from Yuma. 

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

85 on Brookside #2 ... 45+40.  Had a 90 there yesterday.  I am going to play this course more. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

43/44 for an 87.  Didn't play my best but shot well at times.  Definitely left 4-5 putts short of the hole on the correct line so 2' extra of putts today would've had me at a 83 or so.  Still, for windy conditions on a fast course I wasn't too mad about it.

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

The round itself went bad, but it finally worked for me on 13th and onwards.. 101 strokes. But I got a little story that made me happy!

To get some backstory: I started playing last July and fell in love with the game. I have been doing good and practised alot. I reached 18 HCP by the end of the year last year.

This year I have changed homecourse to a harder course. The rating is 134/73.9 and I am playing from 5900m/6400yards. I have been in a slump lately and have been posting scores in the high 90s. I have been struggling to activate my hip through the swing and my driver typically went 200-220m/220-240yards.

On hole 13 today everything just came so easy to me. I figured out exactly what I was doing wrong and I started the swing with my lower body.

The 13th hole is a 430m/470yards par 4. And I decided to keep my driver in the bag the entire round. I pull out my 3H and light the f***er up! 240m/262yards down the middle of the fairway. Damn it felt good! I played a 7 iron in for a 2 putt and a par. It felt so good.

I wasn't sure if it was a rare occasion or just that thing fell into place. I teed up on hole 14 - A par 5 on 470m/514yards. I split the fairways once more. The fairways has some slope but not much and I found my shot in the middle of the fairway. 256m/280yards! I ended up paring the hole with a lip out birdie put.

I kept using my 3H and averaged 230m/250yards on the last holes. Felt so good, my irons went straighter and longer aswell! Curious on how I will hit my driver with the "new" swing.

Sorry for the wall of text. I just had to share it with someone other than my playing partner.

https://i.imgur.com/9t03Yv2.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/yXIzr92.jpg

Edited by Chriasp
  • Like 1

I shot about 13 better than I've ever shot before, an 82 on a particular 71. I hadn't shot less than a 94-95 prior to today. I have NO IDEA what I was doing different, other than locking my left elbow when I set up with my driver, and it helped a TON.

• Like 1

Played our summer fourball match today, won 3-0 (won front, back and overall)

Had a no Sixes Round.  :beer:  36-38-74 1eagle and 1 birdie.

4 5 4 4 5 3 5 2 4 - 36 - eagled 8

5 3 5 4 5 4 4 4 4 - 38 

Edited by jsgolfer
  • Like 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Sorry I don’t have a layout of the course. I was very surprised with my results today. My second time ever on a course, and first time without an instructor. It was a par 30 course, 1 par 4, 1 par 5, 7 par 3’s. I played 2 times. Shot 36 the first time, and 37 the 2nd time. 

77, blue tees at Pheasant Hills (71/122 6546 yards).  Wide open course, large greens, open fairways.  Easy if you're long enough and straight.  kinda windy.  Only one birdie but a lot of Fairways and GIRs for regulation holes.

I've REALLY liking the new (fit) woods and hybrids.....a lot.  It's goofy how much better being fit for these has helped me.

3 good risk reward type tee shots and I went for it on all 3 for the fun of it.  1 out of 3 is not a good result - I'm learning.  Mapping out the safe zones might not be as fun, but getting good pars instead of bogies or worse is fun.

Bill - 

Myself and 3 buddies shot a 67 (-5) in a scramble for a golf outing on Saturday. 6 birdies and 1 bogey. 

Off the tee I was just meh, but my irons were spot on, got on the green and within 20ft twice from 200-205yds with my 6 iron, a club I rarely had success with. Huge boosts to the confidence with that club. We used my approach shots well over half of the time.

I also putted well including a 25 footer for a birdie and a 10 footer for a par save.

Edited by klineka

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Another crazy 78 today. 41 on the front, couldn't get anything going, then started the back birdie, birdie, which started the confidence flowing. Finished the back par, par, birdie, bogey, par, par, TRIPLE!!! Big old banana slice on 18 and we couldn't find the ball. That makes me so mad, going into 15 at 3 under on the back and end up with a 2 over 37. Oh well, I'll just have to bring it back on Wednesday.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Received the green light from the doc today to play 18 holes. It's been several weeks since I was able to this. I actually played this round with my doctor. 

Shot an 88 (40/48) for my round. Target score was 80, but I am happy with the score I carded. It was a little windy and 105*f. Lots of shade trees available though. 

Front nine went as expected. I have been playing 9 holes for the past few weeks. Hit some good shots, and made some putts.

Back nine was not so good. Perhaps I was fatigued, I don't know. Hit a few wayward shots, and I missed a few makeable putts. Plus, it has been a few months since I played this particular nine holes. . 

Highlight of the round, besides being able to play 18 holes, was I didn't lose a ball. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Shot 107 😞 struggled big time with a case of the shanks today. It’s been three weeks of it now. BUT- I may have figured out why I keep uncontrollably come over the top....I am standing too close to the ball again! Shot 59 on the front...changed my distance from the golf ball and shot 48 on the back!!

So, after a long abcense from golf and the forum I’m back at playing regularly, I’ve been playing two times a week this last 3 weeks and somehow haven’t lost completely my game. This last Tuesday I played 16 holes, two were closed. Shot +2 in the first nine and Even for the other 7. 

Ive been missing a lot of shots to the right, big pushes.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Played 18 holes. It was unique 18 holes, since I didn't play with my normal game clubs. That, and I never left the golf course, except for a short time today. 

I started out at around 8 am just hitting practice balls with an old set of clubs I keep around. 

I went inside the club house to catch some of the USO. A buddy showed up, we had lunch, and decided to play. ($25 after noon)

The course was empty for the most part. Probably due to the wind with 30-40 mph gusts. I am playing with 13 Ironwoods (2-LW) and a Carbite putter. I was giving up several yards of distance, not having my D, 3, & 5 woods with me. It probably didn't matter due to the wind anyways.

My putter, I have no idea how, or where I picked it up. It was definitely shorter than my gamer. 

At any rate, I carded an 89, (43/46) which kept my new, "no 90s" streak alive. My buddy whupped me with an 83

I was hitting my two iron 160 into the wind, and 190 with the wind. I used it a lot. Not too many holes had cross winds, so I did manage to stay in most of the fairways. 

My putting was not too bad with 34, which kind of surprised me. Had couple of misses that blew off line just before reaching the hole. A definite "wth" moment.

Had a good time with some old favorite clubs. I played these clubs when I was scaring par several years ago.  Might do it again in the near future. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

New personal best!! 85 at Legendary Oaks GC. Hit 7 GIRs, 57% of fwys, and had 9 pars and 1 birdie! 

• Upvote 1