IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

One round Friday - 79  good course kinda tougher than lately

Sunday I got in 6 holes before the skies open up and drenched me.  Nice club, I got a full raincheck for 18 with a cart.  Glad to restart that round, it was not looking good for the first 4 holes at all.

I think I'm past that beginning of the season/new clubs honeymoon when it's all going well.  Moving into my 'normal' game.  it was fun.

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Play 18 holes this afternoon, 108*f temps. It was brutal . Shot an 86, (42/44). Took a little over 3 hours, in a cart. 

Had 2 birds, 6 pars, 4 penaties, 5 one putts, and the rest were what ever. 

Had problems with club selection a few times. Biggest problem was not being able to see where a few drives went. Poor eye sight with the wrong sun angle. Used provisionals with shorter clubs. 

Kicking back now, trying to cool off. I am wasted..........

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

36-42-78 SGCC during our fourball summer event.  Lost the match 2-1 but still won our flight.  Hurt my left wrist on 12 when I was 2 over, couldn’t really swing the club on the last 6 holes, played them 5 over.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Played yesterday, 76 (+2, +2). Had some horrible shots, especially dealing a lot with lies where the ball is below my feet, can hit it solid. Send it into the water both times with a PW in my hands. I'm not hitting it fat, it's more like catching it thin, with the toe and I get a push fade. Horrible. Then also struggled with 40-50 yard approach.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Played quick 9.. +2... all pars, two bogeys. One was kinda bad luck, but the other one, again, lie where the ball is below my feet, shank, but this time I didn't went into the water. I really need to search why I can't hit that shot.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Heading toward my goal of breaking 100.

Back 9 yesterday of 48

Front nine today of 48

Not counting that as breaking 100, but feeling like I am close next time I play a full 18.

Always remember, the same country that invented golf and called it a game, invented bag pipes and called it music.

Shot an 85 on a relatively easy course.  Hit the ball well but my lack of pitching skills is killing my score. 

Just can't seem to get any distance control at all, everything is 20 feet long or 20 feet short.  Makes it almost impossible for me to get up and down.

92 at Old Works with three reasonable looks at birdies and a 10 on hole #11 (par 5). Aggravating because my drive and 3 wood were nicely hit but my second shot was left on a steep side hill.  This prevented me from trying to make the green and my layup hit a sprinkler head and ended up on another steep side hill.  Choked up on a 7 iron and tried to clear the creek, but did not... as did the next.  Then into the bunker and, well, :censored:.

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

87 today, a good solid round without many good highlights but few major errors. Straight off the tee and solid around the greens was enough to compensate for a poor approach game. 

Improvement on a rotten 55 (front 10 back to clubhouse) earlier in the week. 

80 (41-39) today at my home town course. Short from the back tees 6200y but tight with TINY greens. 

Birdied #1 and 13 and lipped them out on 3, 9 and one on 18 that did a complete 180 around the cup.

I was on the range yesterday and the pro told me I needed to keep my weight on the inside of my back foot more on my takeaway. It felt good today so I was concentrating on it more today. It def made me start the ball more online that previously. My previous miss was starting the ball left (push) of my aim point. Ended up missing a lot of greens right today but I was starting the ball on line and just aiming like I still hit the ball left.

Friday 104 degrees, tight course.  Didn't keep score, practice round.  But I think it was really high for me.  More of a ball exchange program on any of the tight holes - lose one, find 5......next hole  lose one, find 3....and so on

just couldn't find my groove at all

BUT, one highlight is I got up and down from the sand 3 out of 3 times and it even felt on purpose.....that's a boost considering my greenside play has been horrendous

but I had the entire course to myself.

Bill - 

78 today, +1 and +5. Second round was a mess. I was trying a new feel and I need to work a bit more on it.

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Decided to give the wrist a whirl on the golf course today.  Played the entire round with the wrist widget on.  And suffice to say, it worked like a charm.  Played pretty well and wrist doesn’t hurt and had a no-sixes round.  

4 4 5 5 5 3 4 5 4 - 39   4 3 5 3 5 4 4 4 5 - 37 - 76

1 double (on par 3 4th hole) and 2 birdies

Edited by jsgolfer
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Played 9 with my Granddaughter, and her young man. I carded a 41 for my troubles. 4 pars, and 5 bogies.  

What was fun was the young man gave my Granddaughter 10 strokes, and he beat her by 9 with a 43. She has been working on her game, just for this reason. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Shot a 40 in league (net 34, par 35).  Took some (all) wrist rotation out of my swing as I found I was doing that again and was hitting it really well.  And even though I shot under my handicap, it was really disappointing as I finished with a bogey on holes 7, 8, and 9...  I had a really bad long putt on 7 (was about 50 feet, hit it 60 feet) that screwed up my GIR.  My drive on 8 ended up landing in somebody's poorly repaired divot and I didn't account for it as it rarely happens so chunked my 2nd shot.  On hole 9 and then I hit a poor chip that left me a little long on my par save putt and missed it by a couple inches (misread the green rather than mishit it).

Oh well, gives me confidence for the next time as I think 2 over through 6 was my best start to a round ever!

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

The last 5-6 rounds have all been 80. Either 41-39 or 39-41. I think I'm in a rut. However, yesterday, the 4th, I played with the wife and another couple, and was able to shoot a 76. 37 front, and 37 going into 17. Then I bogeyed 17 and 18 for that 76.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Again with 78 (+1 and +5) back nine were horrible. Two double bogeys, one triple and an eagle. 😫

www.flickr.com/avm_photo