IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I left early but I was playing great golf. I got a birdie on the fourth hole, a 400 yard par 4. I hit the drive about 275, left with about 125. Hit a PW within 10 feet and sunk the put. But due to very slow play and my partner whining about being hungry and how hot it was, we left early.

I love to hate this damn game.

40 (+4) for 9 with 21 putts. I left about 5 on the lip today. If I was playing in a tourney or a round that mattered, i would have been fuming. Actually I hit the ball very well. Only missed 1 fairway and 2 greens.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

I shot a 91 this morning on our little muni. Actually we are lucky since our muni is a Donald Ross design and a real challenge. There are only two or three greens that are bigger than most living rooms.

Anyway- beat the other three so life is good for now...

Maudite

100+, yay for quadruple bogeys. I just gave up after that. Sad part is this rests 100% on my long game which totally let me down today, big time.

I was more concerned with getting out and having fun, I shot my good rounds for the week already. Todays goal was to test out my short game and wedge play which is doing well now.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

This wasn't today, but didn't have internet access that day

I played 27 holes (for $10, wheee twilight rates!). 48, 46, and a personal-best 43. Granted, the course is tiny and about half of the par fours are driveable by good players (heck, I even drove one), but I'll gladly take it. I even figured out how to regularly hit my drives straight. We'll see if I still remember that the next time I play...

Played 9 this morning and finished 15 over probably would have been better had not been for the cement drainage pipe at the end of a water hazard !!!!!. I was on the 18th hole about 150 yards from the green with a long carry over a water hazard so I decided to hit a little short and play it safe using my 8 iron, I got a really solid hit as I was watching the ball dropping really close to the edge of the hazard it fell into a ditch hitting a cement draining pipe bouncing back out and landing about 50 yards in front of me. That was the highlight of our day and got some good laughs.

Irons Racs 3 thru 9
Woods R5 3 and 5
Driver R5 460 CC

i had 1 par on 18 holes today,

i had 8 birdies and shot 4 over 76

was insane, i shot + 7 43 with 2 birdies and 2 doubles, no pars.

had 6 birdies on the back with a bogey and a double, didnt make a par until the 17th hole when a birdie putt slipped by. shot -3 33 for a 76. I played friday and shot a 68 with a 37 31, and 2 eagles, when ive been good ive been really good, and when ive been bad its been bad. But after getting 2 lessons for the first time in 2-3 years and the 2nd time in my short golfing experience (5 years) i definately feel like im starting to put my game together.

46-ish on a 9 holer with a buddy of mine. Didn't really care about what happened - we were just seeing if we could pull off low percentage shots, practice our putting, et cetera... since it took three hours to play nine holes, anyway.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Another 78 this past weekend - 39-39 - Felt like I could have done so much better as I had 2 doubles and finished bogey-bogey on a couple of 3 jacks. That was the last time at my club as I resigned and hopefully will be joining a far superior golf course.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

I had a 91 yesterday. It was a real struggle. I hit 10 fairways, which is a season best for me. Unfortunately I had the chunks, so I couldn't do anything with all these good drives. All in all very frusterating the last 3 rounds I've played. I'm gonna take some time off.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I shot a 110 Saturday at the course on our local campus (LSU). My best round to-date, did a quick "handicap calculation" and this dropped my cap by about 6 strokes. Rating is 70.7, Slope is 124. Not sure what any of this means. But needless to say, it was the best day i've had on a course in the year i've played!
I'm only at 13 clubs in the bag, what do you reccomend as a 14th? My foot wedge?

In the bag:
Driver - HiBore XL 10.5* Reg. Flex Fit- on Fuji GoldWoods - Tightlies GT2: 3 wood 15* & 5 wood 19* Surpass 7 wood 24*Irons - Eye 2 4-PW & a cheesey 1 iron blade I use for punch...

Shot an absolutely awful 52 in my league on Thursday. Hit 1 fairway, and was pretty much awful in all aspects, and had some bad luck on top of that. Birdie on a par 3 was the lone positive to take away. 3 snowmans and a 7 hurt pretty bad.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

Shot 90 (89 adjusted). First time playing the Oshawa Golf Club - Stanley Thompson 1909. Rather short but very challenging all the same. Just might join
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

Shot my best round of the year yesterday. We were playing the back nine at White Lake. My tee shot on 10 goes through the dog leg and into the woods. I hit a provisional and when I get up there to my dismay the first ball was gone. I played the provisional ball in 4, but made six with the penalty. I bogeied the next two holes and then made a par on the toughest hole on the course. From there I made 4 more pars in a row before comming to the last hole. It's a double dog leg par 5 that starts to the left and comes back to the right over water. I hit a nice draw with my 3 Hybrid and end up 230 out. Last week I hit a nice fade with my 3 wood from the same spot to the front of the green. I try to do the same thing and hit it straight. I end up under a willow tree, but with a line where if I punch it just right I can get it reasonbly close. I land it perfectly, but it rolls through the green and ends up in light rough just a foot off the fringe. I decide to chip it because I was chipping well and had nearly holed out on 16 from a similar lie. I just miss the cup, but it rolls about 8 feet past. I miss my first putt of the day inside 10 feet for par. I tap in and add up the score for a +5 40. It ties my personal best on that course for the 6th time. I can't help but think that if I had added it up before chipping I would have been more likely to putt from just off the fringe and had a better chance to make the par. Of course if my tee shot on 10 had just stopped 10 feet shorter I would have made 38. The worst part is that I won't be playing there the next 3 Sundays and won't get a chance for redemption.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Administrator

I played in the EDGA (Erie District Golf Association) Mid-Amateur today. It's 36 holes in one day (I walked them all). This was at Kahkwa Country Club, site of the 2004 U.S. Women's Amateur (won by Angela Park, I believe).

I hadn't played the course in 12 years. The last time I played it, I had a Titleist Tour Balata and about a 160cc steel driver. Steel shafted, of course.

Anyway, I shot 84 the first time around, including entirely too many double bogeys. I actually made about four birdies in that round, but yeah, doubles wipe those out pretty quickly.

I shot 76 the first time around. The familiarity with the course helped. The pins were ALL in the tough spots. I missed only two putts inside of ten feet the entire round - too bad they were on 17 and 18 for par. Otherwise It'd have been a 39/35. Oh well.

Wish I had managed to get in a practice round. A pair of 76s would have been a very real possibility, which might have landed me in the top 10. Scores haven't been posted yet...

On two shots, I was distracted mid-swing: once by a golf cart brake letting out (someone tapping the gas) 30 yards away, and once from my playing companion spitting (he spat at least 500+ times per 18 holes, no joke).

I played the whole day with three golf balls: two in the first round and one in the second. I made about ten birdies.

Man I wish I had found a way to play a practice round...

P.S. The rules sheet and signup said "The use of power golf carts will not be permitted for this event." Apparently that only meant the three-wheeled versions for your bag, because they everyone ride carts if they wanted to. Sorry, but that's a "power golf cart" in my mind, and I was a bit miffed that people got to ride while I walked 36. Walking, I believe, particularly in championship events, is part of golf.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

89 last sunday. Problem was on a par 5 with the out of bounds tight on the left and water in front of the green. I lost two balls and wound up with a 10 on that hole! No birdies all day.

Solid ball striking, good putts, it just took to many shots to get on the green.

I did have a 301 yd drive though. Measured it with Google earth.

that's why you keep playing

In the Staff bag:
D1
906F 15.5º
585H 19º
AP2 4-gw 56º & 60º Tiger Woods Newport Art of Putting 2.0 Pro Platinum

87 (43-44) at Twin Oaks, down by the river. My high school's alumni golf outing is Thursday there, so I figured it'd be best to at least get myself familiar with the place. It's entirely too expensive for me to play there regularly, but it was nice while it lasted. No birdies today - ugh. And way too many double bogeys. I'd go par, double, par, double straight down the stretch. A few flubbed chips and blown putts, but nothing horrid off the tee (no lost balls, although I was pulling a lot of my drives) and I lost a lot of distance because it was incredibly soggy. I'd hit a drive, it'd go 230 and plug right there. Bam. End of story.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Played 9 after work today & squeeked out a 48. Hit my driver pretty well & chipping was going well but I flubbed a few fairway shots. There were 4-5 shots that I wish I could redo, mental screwups cost me dearly.