IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

1 minute ago, mvmac said:

Shot my lowest round, 63, weird thing is I was just missing it well and putter was really solid. Definitely had better ball striking (contact wise) rounds lately.

Out of eight makable birdies putts, inside of around that 7-8ft circle I made six of them. Then made two 25 footers and chipped one in just off the green on 16, almost putted it but changed my mind lol

I got really nervous on 17 tee, never been -8 before and just stuck with the process and managed to birdie 18.

Now trending to +4 😳

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/mvmac83/round/2432567

Wow Mike! That’s awesome! Congrats! That’s gotta feel so damn good. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

34 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Shot my lowest round, 63

👏 awesome!  Seems like a lot of practicing the right way paying off. I enjoy following your progress, thanks for sharing. 

• Upvote 1

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Wow Mike! That’s awesome! Congrats! That’s gotta feel so damn good.

Thanks, easily the best run of golf I've ever had.

1 hour ago, Wanzo said:

👏 awesome!  Seems like a lot of practicing the right way paying off. I enjoy following your progress, thanks for sharing. 

Thanks! Yeah lots of work was put in to get these results.

Just sticking with the process and keeping my swing pieces concise/simple.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

79 Boulder Point - short-ish course, but fun - 6300 at the longest, yet still reasonable par 72 somehow - a few holes involve some target golf - short par 4s quite present.  1 over on the front (included a 3 put to a 6 on a medium par 5...arghhh).  6 over on the back.  Super windy. only 1 birdie on hole 1 - lucky putt really.  Completely empty course.  I think the wife broke 100 again....12 fairways (I include 3's here, in a wierd way - so 9 if you don't), maybe 13 GIRs (but half were very long putts) really good day for stats, the pain was a couple bad blow up holes...only 1x3 putt

Started a driver drill where I'm really 'controlling' my takeaway (it does 'feel' slower, but no harm) - I'm hitting a lot of fairways now and moving to trying to target more precisely (left half vs right half - working out on better days - just in the noise on normal days).  Similar effect on my irons and wedges - hitting a lot more greens - I'm not quite to picking a quandrant of the green, still just hoping to aim center and turn towards the flag - nothing more aggressive than that yet.  So lots of regulation golf - I just wish I could exploit that and make more putts, but still - huge improvement in my drives and approaches anyway and my scores really show it - moved into the high 70's as a regular score from the low-mid 80's.  The putts will come.  I need a better recovery game eventually - chips and pitches from in close - but that takes a lot more practice than I'm choosing to give right now.

I even hit my 6 and 5 irons well the few times I hit them - I've been having terrible contact issues with just those two clubs lately. 

Fun round

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

10/28/2018

I shot an 87 over 6338 yards, par 72, rating 70.4/123,

I was actually pleased with the way I hit the ball overall. I had four 3-putts, four bad shots, and 3 double bogeys.

Putting: I need to improve my "read" skills. I hit the putts the way I wanted, but miss-judged the speed required and left myself some marginal second putts.

Of the bad shots, two were cold tops of my fairway wood. I only very rarely do this with my hybrid which has the same shaft, and I never do it when I hit the 3 off the tee, and I tee it only very slightly higher than an iron. But I am having a fairly frequent top off a tight but good fairway lie with my 3 wood.

This score will likely make my index go up .1 to a level 13. I started the year at 14.9, and my goal is 10.9.  

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Didn't even have a score worth keeping today. Started out bogey, bogey then had two doubles. Had 2 pars after that so i thought i would get some things going and save the day but then had another double. Just didn't have anything going really today. At that point i kinda stopped playing for score and just enjoyed the day out there. Played a little better coming in at least. This was at Linrick Golf Course in Columbia, SC

:tmade: M9.5* Kuro Kage Stiff
:nike: VR Pro 3 Wood 15* Project X 6.0
:nike: VR Pro 3 Iron Project X Rifle 6.0
:tmade: M4 4-6 Project X Rifle 6.0, M4 7-GW KBS Max 85
:cleveland: RTX-3 56* & 60*

One of those really strange days. Woke up this morning, not really wanting to play golf, but I had signed up for the Wednesday league outing. Figured I'd show up and go through the motions. Not really interested in playing, but the teams were already in place. Why is it you score really well when you don't put any pressure on yourself.

Shot a 1 over 73. 2 birdies, 3 bogeys, and 13 pars. No thinking involved, just step up to every shot and make a nice smooth easy swing. I really need to incorporate that into my normal game.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

107. Terrible putting and my guess is the short game sucked as well. Waiting for my gamegolf to arrive and hoping I get a few rounds this year with it. 

The course wasn’t really difficult but I found the water a couple of times and I was OB once by a foot. 

While my pitching is pretty good compared to other people of my skill level I guess my chipping and putting are far worse. I had 43 putts and I guess about 3-5 chips. So that’s almost 1/2 of my strokes. 

The problem is that the OB wasn’t even near my shot zone but I pulled it hard. Makes it hard to game plan with shots like that....

Got in a round yesterday, 39-38-77 3 birdies but too many bogeys, but no sixes :-)

• Like 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

107 Today. 

Shot a 49 on the front 9, which is usually the tougher half of the course. It has a lot of water and I usually lose a couple of balls, but today I tee'd off on 10 with the same ball I started with on 1. The greens were really, really wet this morning, and my putting was atrocious on the front. 

Shot a 58 on the back, which is usually easier. I made the mistake of bragging to my buddies that I hadn't lost a ball yet, after 10, and proceeded to lose 2 on 11. No bueno. I calmed down and shot ok-ish through most of the back 9, but gave up 9 strokes on 17/18. Not my best close-out. 

I'm not as far along as I'd like to be, but I'm having fun. 

Carded 90 which one stroke higher than my average.  Considering I yanked most of my short iron shots, it's a decent score.  As some point in the round, I resorted half swing shots rather than risking yanks.  I will have to use more of those half swing shots as it's more accurate.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Shot 72-73 last two days in the SCGA Four-ball. On a tough course with small, fast greens. Mud ball on almost every hole. Team score was 71-71, so not much help from my partner lol  We finished t-27th out of 50 teams. Individually I had one of the lower scores, some of the best players in SoCal played in the event. So it was good to end the year on a positive note.

Good for me on this course, 72 feels like a 68 on my home course. And obviously good to do it in competition. Which except for this tournament and the qualifier for this tournament, it’s been a bit of a struggle with the scoring aspect. Have had rounds where I hit the ball fine and find wacky ways to shoot 75’s and 76’s.

Only made two birdies yesterday and two today. Gave myself several good chances and was too tentative with the strokes. Some were for good reason. I had two birdie putts yesterday from 5/6ft that I barely made contact with and they went 3ft by.

Today I was one under and hit a bad drive on 15, ended up making a double, my partner also doubled the hole 🤨But hung in there and finished with some good pars.

Mike McLoughlin

A really weird round.

It was only a wee bit cold, but I was the only soul on Kittyhawk's Eagle Course yesterday afternoon. Somehow I ended up with 43-47-90.

That is a decent score for me, but didn't hit the ball worth a crap. Took last weekend off and the progress I had been making with the driver vanished. My usually reliable 5W was very dodgy. Yet somehow it came out ok. I guess I hit my irons and wedges well and just didn't appreciate it because I was stewing over the longer clubs shortcomings.

No. 14 is a good case in point. Even hitting the ball well I rarely make better than bogey on this hole. My drive is a pitiful, low pull. I chunked the 5W to the right and barely cleared the trap that sits at the dogleg's joint. The only decent shot was an 8I to the green. Two putted and it's a bogey anyway.

36-38 for a 74. 5 bogeys, 3 birdies, and 10 pars. I can kick myself for missing that 4' birdie putt on 17. Tried  to finesse it into the hole and left it 6" short.

But it proves one thing. The last 8 days of golfing or if not golfing, practicing everyday, pays off.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

A tale of two nines today. 55-43=98 (68.9/122). Struggled with my shanks and poor contact on the front 9. I think it hit al lost every fairway on the back nine and hit multiple 250 yards drives. Great driving day. Irons still need work....

75-76 this weekend. Yesterday I misjudged how fast the greens were and didn't trust it, led to four 3-putts. Today was just a few bad tee shots and bad course management. Both days struggled with pulls or pull draws off the tee.

Good news is I still won money both days 😎

Mike McLoughlin

After the 74 on Friday, Saturday shot 83, Sunday's round an 82. Back to the driving range and putting green today and tomorrow before playing Wednesday through Sunday.