IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

77-79 this weekend, let's just say not my best golf 🙄 Funny thing is I hit my driver fine, hit one OB today after hitting a tree limb on a par 5 where I try to cut the corner. Hit some offline approaches which is to be expected after not practicing all week and playing off basically mud after all the rain. Putting was horrible, don't think I made a putt over 2ft all weekend.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

81 (42-39) and 83 (39-44). I think I'm heading in the wrong direction.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

69 yesterday and 59 in a gross foursome scramble today. Scramble was a semi-final event, made it there by winning another scramble a few months back. 59 got us 5th and last spot to move on to the 36-hole finals in three weeks.

• Like 1

Mike McLoughlin

Went out Tuesday but shot a dismal 93 and just couldn't hit the ball well. Put it behind me and went out today and shot my best round ever. 37,40 for a 77.  Putter wasn't great with two 3 putts and only one 1 putt but the rest of my game was great. with 12 pars, 1 birdie, 4 bogeys and a double.  I shot an 80 last summer and have been trying to get under that ever since.  Didn't think it would be in the winter but very happy anyway.  Still very soft out and not much roll.  A hand warmer for the fingers is still part of my gear right now as it was only about 6 degrees C today.

72, hit it solid and putted well. Lots of solid 3-4 footers made for par. Didn't miss a drive all day, never done that before. Strong winds, greens got firm, had a tough time getting shots close. Also missed a couple greens early due bad club selection and hit crappy chips/pitches. 3 birdies, 3 bogeys. 

Mike McLoughlin

Played 18 earlier today. Glad I did as I averaged 4.44 strokes per hole. This is exactly a 1/2 stroke per hole better than the round I played just a few days ago. 

My putter was doing pretty much what I asked of it. Made a few nice ones of the 27 I stroked.

Played with two friendly guys from up north some where. (Idaho?) We all shot in the 80s.  

Just a nice day on the course. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I played 18 today in St. Louis at Gateway National.  I teed off at 12:30pm and it was 26 degrees with snow flurries flying everywhere in the air.  The first 6 holes were cold and tested my resolve to get out and play...  Once it stopped snowing the sun came out and warmed up to the low 40s. I wasn't too concerned with my score today was just happy to get out playing.  After I finished the round, I tallied up my score and shot 84 (+13), 45 on the front nine and 39 on the back!  Easily my best score ever and in the worst conditions I have ever played in! What a funny game golf is! The sad thing is that my golf buddy, who opted out of playing today, doesn't believe my score is accurate... Haters going to hate! 

Driver: :cobra: F8 (9 degree)
3 Wood: :strata: 3 Wood (15 degree) 
Hybrid: :titleist: 816 H2 2 Hybrid (19 degree)
Irons: :titleist: 716 AP2 (4-PW)
Wedges: :wilson:  Harmonized (52 degree, 56 degree, 60 degree)
Putter: :cleveland: Huntington Beach #11

81 on Wednesday, 89 on Thursday, too cold on Friday, and 75 (37-38) yesterday. Rain all day today, so I just called and cancelled our tee time for this morning.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

72, hit some crappy drives, hit one OB after hitting a tree and going dead right. Then also bogied the easiest hole on the course. Pitching and putting were solid. 4 birdies, one double, two bogeys.

Mike McLoughlin

Man finally played a decent round today. Did some work on my preshot routine and my alignment last week. Made a big difference today. Started off 2 over after 4 holes caused by a bit of bad luck and one poorly stuck shot, but played the last 14 holes 3 under for a 71. Really hit some great shots including a 250 yard 4-iron laser that never left the flag on the par 5 15th hole. Driver could have been better, but was a step in the right direction.

• Like 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Played 89 three straight rounds.  How's that for consistency?  But that won't get my HI down from 13.  I am overdue for an exceptional round.  Here's hoping.

Edited by rkim291968

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

17 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

Played 89 three straight rounds.  How's that for consistency?  But that won't get my HI down from 13.  I am overdue for an exceptional round.  Here's hoping.

I turned in an 86.   The only blemish was on the shortest & easiest par 5 hole which I usually par.   I scored a 9 as it took 3 tries to get out of bunker with one of those shots going out of bound.  Ugh!  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

54-44 yesterday at the Vinyard in Escondido, CA. Absolutely horrible front nine a total departure from my warm up......but the range does that at times. Pulling the driver and hybrid. Actually the whole group played like dung. But we managed to get around 18 needling each other and had fun

68, four birdies, an eagle and two bogeys. Other than making 6 on a par 5 from 50 yards, it was a solid, kinda boring round. Nice to hit my start lines today and not hit those flippy pulls I’ve been struggling with on approach shots.

Mike McLoughlin

53 minutes ago, mvmac said:

68, four birdies, an eagle and two bogeys. Other than making 6 on a par 5 from 50 yards, it was a solid, kinda boring round. Nice to hit my start lines today and not hit those flippy pulls I’ve been struggling with on approach shots.

Nice Mike...solid and boring certainly better  than disjointed and unpredictable. Great score Mike!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I turned 70 yesterday and played golf today....I played last Tuesday and shot 85.  I shot 89 today.   This is the first time in my life the I shot under 90 two times in a row, and only the 5th time that I have shot under 90.  I usually make a couple of pars per round.  Today I had 4 pars and a birdie on the front 9 and 3 pars on the back 9.  Unfortunately, i had a couple of 8's.  Gonna play again next week, gonna see if I can make it 3 in a row...

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Osnola said:

I turned 70 yesterday and played golf today....I played last Tuesday and shot 85.  I shot 89 today.   This is the first time in my life the I shot under 90 two times in a row, and only the 5th time that I have shot under 90.  I usually make a couple of pars per round.  Today I had 4 pars and a birdie on the front 9 and 3 pars on the back 9.  Unfortunately, i had a couple of 8's.  Gonna play again next week, gonna see if I can make it 3 in a row...

Happy Bday and congrats on two great rounds!

First time playing in about 3 months, visiting my uncle in Destin and played Kelly plantation. Shot 77. Got a couple lucky breaks and made a few putts.  Some chunked wedges hurt me.  Just fun to get out and play this time of year.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet