IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

68, -15 under this week, crazy lol

Today missed an easy up and down for birdie on 2, missed a 4ft birdie on 4, hit it in the water on 12 and still managed a 68. Hit 16 greens, so gave myself a lot of chances.

Only one bogey this weekend.  One 3-putt in the last five rounds. Ten of eleven rounds even par or better. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

19 minutes ago, mvmac said:

68, -15 under this week, crazy lol

👍 nice work!  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Thursday - got to play the resort course in Cabo.  Jack Nicklaus design named Quivera.  Beautiful layout - every hole was a visual treat.  Two birdies (a short cliffside par 3 - not the one in the picture, and a par 5 - also not the other one in the picture). 80 from the gold (6700 yards) tees.  Got lucky on the signature hole (dogleg cliffside hole highly banked with a jutting tee and jutting green with a huge elevation change also).  I picked a club too long, but the winds caught the ball and blew it down the dogleg.  I played ridiculously well for a target golf course and rentals and windy and not having played since October.  Lucky really.  I thought the par 3 I birdied to be the 'signature' it was gorgeous.  Tail wind 150 yards, I hit my PW over and into the backstop behind the greeen, and it trickled down to 6 feet and almost holed out on the roll by (I think it hit the lip and with a good speed for a chance) from our view - I'm told it's even rare to hold the green on this one, so I got super lucky.  The par 5 birdie was a bit more 'normal' long approach and simple two putt birdie.

Rentals were M2's - amazing to hit.  I'm thinking hard about GI irons for the next pick if I can find some that don't look so chunky.

With the vertical changes and high winds off the coast, I was able to likely hit some of my longest shots of the year already in February- along with some very 'interesting' and wierd results too.

3 rest stations with food and liquor included - great shop and people the entire time.  Steakhouse on site.  Whales in the ocean, etc etc etc.

FUN course - maybe not as hard as people think though.  But definitely challenging.

par3.jpgPar5.jpg

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

70 (-2) at Maderas, first time playing it. Great conditions, quirky course in the canyons, not a fan. Hit 15 greens, six birdies, two 3-putts and one double because I was told to hit the wrong club off a tee. Happy with it, played the ball down, was getting a little worried I was only playing well due to us bumping it at my home course and giving myself perfect lies around the greens 😉

Eleven of twelve rounds even or better. Six straight rounds under par. 

• Like 1

Mike McLoughlin

Even par 72, via the old 40-32.  Which is better than shooting 32-40.  Couldn't putt to save my life, but chipped in on the 10th and then holed a bunker shot on the 14th.  Throw in a couple of reachable par 5s and the putting - problem solved. Just avoid it.

My putting is atrocious currently.  I can't stress that enough.

• Administrator
On 2/27/2019 at 11:34 PM, mvmac said:

I was only playing well due to us bumping it at my home course and giving myself perfect lies around the greens 😉

What?!?! 😛

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

What?!?! 😛

lol you knew this.

Obviously not a habit I want to get used to but it's going to be muddy for a while. Point is I missed three greens at Maderas and got them up and down without "assistance". 

At the Heights lift, clean and place helps around the greens but not much in the fairways when you can't find grass. Still been hitting a good amount of greens off this crap 😉 It was nice to hit shots off grass the other day.

Here's our "fairways" and what my club looks like after a solid shot 😳

Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 9.59.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-01 at 9.59.16 PM.png

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator
On 3/2/2019 at 1:13 AM, mvmac said:

lol you knew this.

Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 9.59.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-01 at 9.59.16 PM.png

I don't think I knew it was that bad.

Yikes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

72, greens were sanded/punched. Got off to a bad start, +4 after 6, then had a couple birdies and an eagle.

8 hours ago, iacas said:

I don't think I knew it was that bad.

Yikes.

It's embarrassing. They're closing the front nine for three months at the end of March/early April and digging up the fairways and sand capping them and sodding with hybrid bermuda.

Mike McLoughlin

74, first over par round since 2/6.

Played Torrey Pines North, fun track. Rough was thick and greens are still really firm. Overall played well, couple silly bogeys when I had wedges in my hand and hit a ball left into a penalty area on my second shot on a reachable par 5.

Mike McLoughlin

1st 9 of the year. New driver in hand and itching to put it in play. 5/7 fairways. Long off the tee in wet conditions with no run out. Missed a green with wedge in my hand 3x. Not surprising to have some rust. Struck the ball fair all things considered. Was +4 alternating bogey and par for the early holes before finishing with 3 straight pars. Mostly just happy to see the driver fitting was a success and a should impact my game this season. Normally I hit 4-6 fairways in 18 holes. 

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

38 (+1)  - diff 1.6

1 birdie, 2 bogeys 

FW: 6/7

GIR: 4/9,  nGIR: 2/4

Putts: 14 (a couple of lucky 12-15ft putts saved me)

great round for me, wish I’d had time for back nine

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

70 in SCGA mid-am qualifying. Five birdies, one double and one bogey.

Mike McLoughlin

I shot an imaginary 79 at my home course. It was 74 and sunny with light breezes. The trees were blossoming and the daffodils were up around the club house. The smell of cut grass in the fairway was almost intoxicating. My good shots were great. My bad shots weren't too bad. The greens were a little slow because they are still being careful, but it really good shape. All in all, a great round.

Then I woke up.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

79 on Saturday, 80 on Sunday, and then shot a 75 yesterday. 15 pars, 1 birdie, and 2 double bogeys.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Well, I think I need to put this here.  

In the winter I am in a weekly simulator league, it’s 9 holes each week.  Prior to today my best rd was a 2-over 38 (back 9 at Firestone). 

Today we played back 9 at harbor town.  

I shot a 4-under 31!!  Now, simulator golf is not the same as real golf.  Putts inside 6 ft. Are gimmies, for one.  But, still, it was pretty unbelievable.  I hit every drive in the fairway.  I hit 3 separate approach shots inside of gimmie range.  I only missed one gir, and that was a 7 iron from 175 that I put 2 ft from the green and then chipped to 8 inches. 

Anyways, typically, I would put simulator golf on this thread, but I’m kinda on a high after this one.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here