IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Thursday's round was a 78, on a course I've never played before. Usually, it takes a few times on a course before I can score somewhat well.

Friday's round, at my home course came in at 75, Saturday was 80, and today, I shot a 73 (38-35). 11 pars, 3 birdies, 4 bogeys. No 6's.!!!

Going to play heck with my handicap index going from 11.2 to 9.7 tonight. Maybe I can reach one of my 2019 goals of single digit handicap.

I have to say, I haven't implemented any of the LSW practice routines, or strategies, yet. I'm still reading through the book for the first time, but I think some of the stuff I'm reading is seeping into my game.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played a double at Crossings at Carlsbad this weekend.  2nd round i played from the whites randomly just to join w the 3 ppl i got paired with.  1st round 91 from blues (played poorly), 2nd round 79 from whites (only 6k yards).  This is an example of some long time concerns ive had w handicaps and which tees i play.

18 hours ago, bones75 said:

I played a double at Crossings at Carlsbad this weekend.  2nd round i played from the whites randomly just to join w the 3 ppl i got paired with.  1st round 91 from blues (played poorly), 2nd round 79 from whites (only 6k yards).  This is an example of some long time concerns ive had w handicaps and which tees i play.

What is the course rating, slope , and yardage from bothe white and blue tees?

I decided to play from the blue tees from my new course instead of whites since I think my handicap will end up being better. 

Edited by Carl3

Shot 82 yesterday in 25+ MPH winds and mid-40 temps.  Let the wind get me on a couple holes when it was left to right, led to 2 OBs.  Had 3 birdies, best so far this year, 2 were 2 putts after reaching par 5’s in two.  Putter not warming up yet.  Heading out in an hour to try again!

WITB:  088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png M5 10.5 degree with GraphiteDesign Tour AD IZ shaft,  M2 3-Wood, 3-hybrid and 5-hybrid,  P790 6I-PW, 52 and 58 degree Vokey wedges  and 64 degree 088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png Hi-Toe wedge and Tour Spider putter.  088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png TP5X or Callaway Chrome Soft X balls.  Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align grips.

47 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

What is the course rating, slope , and yardage from bothe white and blue tees?

Blue: 71.1 / 130 / 6,467 yds

White: 69.0 / 125 / 6,020 yds

I know it likely wasn't the tees that made the scores so different, I'm just a headcase. I often swing easier whenever I've played whites (as opposed to clubbing down), which usually makes me a lot straighter (and often longer). Just need to do that normally is all.

72 at Hammock Beach (first time there).

Nice place, not very hard, except those poa greens.  

Poa is kinda weird, especially late in the day.

105 for only the 3rd time out......but then, I typically shoot low 90s anyway.   Forgot how to swing my clubs properly..  LOL

15-20 mph winds didn't help me at all....... 

Time to hit the range and get my swing plane back in line.  Bad left pull.  Might have gone straight down the fairway If I aimed 40-50 yds right........  LOL  Glad the course had wide fairways!!  When I kept what's left of my mind in it, I had some great chip shots onto the green.  Happy about 1 65 yd wedge and hit the pin. 

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

88. Haven't broken 90 in awhile so it was nice to do so today. It was good enough for a 17.2 differential. Here is to hoping I can have more rounds like that this year. 

• Upvote 1

Played 15 holes cos couple of holes on the course are closed. Front 9 had 2 par, 6 bogey and one double.  Thanks to a bunch of guys who were very slow in front of us.  When I wait for long periods of time to hit a shot I tend to mishit it.  I can't figure out how the pro's do it.  Back 9 had 3 par and 3 bogey.  So 11 over for 15 holes.  Not very good to be honest.  Too many of those were wasted putts.  Am not finishing properly 😥

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

17 hours ago, 3jacker said:

72 at Hammock Beach (first time there).

Nice place, not very hard, except those poa greens.  

Poa is kinda weird, especially late in the day.

Which course?  The Dunes?

If you haven’t tried it, the Conservatory Course is highly recommended.  :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

102 at Collins Hill Golf Course.  First time playing there, and the first time I've hit a ball since before Christmas.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

On 4/3/2019 at 9:01 AM, David in FL said:

Which course?  The Dunes?

If you haven’t tried it, the Conservatory Course is highly recommended.  :beer:

The Ocean course.  I heard the Conservatory was very cool, too - definitely want to go back and try it.

Played yesterday morning and had the worst round i have had since i started playing 2 years ago. I had an awful dose of the s***ks and was pulling my driver left all day too. Resulting in a round of 118. I haven't shot over 100 in a year. I was disgusted

Wednesday's round was a 78, Thursday, shot an 81. Friday, we started out, but the rain drove us off the course. Wednesday was the start of 15 straight days of golf.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Haven't updated for the last few rounds.  Playing terrible, can't hit my driver which is usually one of my best clubs, shooting several rounds in the 90's and my index has climbed to 17.  Frustrated.

I'm really happy to report that today, for the first time in about two years (I took some significant time off playing due to financial limitations) I shot a 99. Breaking 100 was a mid season goal for me, and consistently breaking 100 is the goal for the season. This felt really good!