IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Yesterday...to be precise.  Tied 3-3 at the turn then got routed on the back nine.  We play out the entire 18...so I lost 8-5.  Too many off-course adventures.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot a 79 yesterday.  Got a quick lesson before my round to work on driver swing and chipping.  The adjustments seemed to help.  I was hitting my irons really well all day.  Possibly the best I've ever hit them for an entire round.  MIssed some easy putts on the front, but made a lot of putts to save par on the back.  Made 7 pars in a row at one point in the middle of the round.  Overall a great day.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

11 hours ago, NZ Golfer said:

79 today no warm-up with limited time >> 45 front 9............ then 34 back 9 (my best ever back 9 --two under par )

102. Was late, only hit about 20 shots on the range and couldn’t hit a 7 iron on the range for the life of me. 

Then I started with a birdie on a 400 yard par 4... if I could get rid of the 3-4 blowup holes I could break 90... 

I had two 9s on my scorecard today...

Did hit my longest ingame drive though 265 yards, and I had 4 1 putts vs 2 3 putts and this is a course known for its fast greens. 

• Upvote 1

76 today. That's after 12 rounds in the last 11 days. No real score for the last 4 days. They were games like alternate shot, scrambles, straight match play. Tomorrow, I rest. I need it!

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

forgot to post - played on the 6th (right before we get blasted with a foot of snow last weekend)

2 over 74 on a shorter easier course. but seriously, great start to the season.  (3 holes were chopped short with temporary tees).  2 bogies and a lot of pars.  more regulation than most, but I'm jazzed about getting up and in on the misses.

I'm hitting really clean (like the last in mexico), still terrified of my 5 iron, and my putting is greatly improved within 8 feet - some significant changes over the winter.  I think these will stay for a bit. 

• Like 1

Bill - 

Played yesterday in the strongest wind I have ever played in. The ball would not remain on the tee, flagsticks and cups were blown over and out of the hole. Shot 44 on 9 and packed it in due to lightning. Hit a 5 150 and PW 170 due to wind. At least 3 club wind. Makes you appreciate the British open a little more wind you see the flagsticks bent in half

• Like 1

104 on Saturday (4/13) - working on flattening out my driver club path to eliminate a slice. Not very consistent creating a really "entertaining" two way miss. Didn't hit irons well at all either.

Shot 91 last Saturday (4/6). Irons were well above average, kept driver in play on all holes. 

Both days were mid 70s weather with a light breeze - SoCal Golf!!!

Andy - Awful Golfer With Horrible Slice Hoping to find something resembling a correct golf swing in 2019 - Determined not to let my pursuit of better than awful get in the way of enjoying being out on a golf course

WITB:
Ping G400 LST / Orlimar 3W & 4H (circa 2012) / Cobra King F7 One Length Irons (5 - GW) / Top Flite Wedges 52* 56* 60* / Orlimar Putter

My Swing Page

Shot an 87 on Saturday, which was about 6-10 shots better than my recent trend, and more in line with what I'm used to playing. Probably would have done better if it wasn't for half-sandy greens, some of which were very slow while others were almost normal speed. 

Oh and the guys behind our foursome complained about playing slow, so I invited them to play through. We finished in 4:40, so if they want to rush, that's okay, but a walking foursome on a hilly municipal golf course playing in 4:40 is pretty good in my book. I wasn't the guy slowing down the group, but I do hate feeling rushed.

Edited by Sidehatch

86 for me today. (40/46) finished up the round in a 2 club wind. Way too many 5 stroke holes, and  very few pars.

Missed some putts due to ground winds blowing the ball off line. Had 33 putts. 

The wind is bringing in tomorrow's thunder storms I guess.. 

Had a great time anyways. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I am a 26 handicap and today I hit every fairway and green shot 40 on front and 43 on back. For an 83. Beating my handicap by 14 strokes. I had 7 pars on front and 2 double bogeys. For a 4 over.  

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, WarrenB said:

I am a 26 handicap and today I hit every fairway and green shot 40 on front and 43 on back. For an 83. Beating my handicap by 14 strokes. I had 7 pars on front and 2 double bogeys. For a 4 over.  

Nice, good round!

41/41 for an 82. 29 putts. A little windy at times, but decent weather none the less.

Just played pretty steady golf. Nothing real bad, and nothing real good. I did luck in a 20 footer (+/-) for a par. 

Played with a couple of tourist visiting from Germany. Good conversation with them. Kind of fun to know what the Europeans think of America. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

45/39 for an 84 .. was played at a hilly parkland course with very heavy rough and slow recent cored greens took me some time to get my head in the game .. also playing with some local members in their club day ..

First ever eagle on a PAR4 450yards nice chip shot just kept on rolling

6 penalty shots hurt the score... far too many lost balls  

Go Foxy Go

Shot 90 today, 40/50.

Had a very nice birdie on par 5 at the 6th hole ( I was 2 over after that hole), winning it for my team but it all went down hill from there. Could not buy a par for the rest of the day, even it was nGIR and even 2 or 3 three putts.

Luckily my friends struggled today too so I still came up winning a little bit. 

Plan to see my instructor next week. Feeling my ball striking improved a lots recently but the scores are just so so. My goal this year would be break 80.