IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I am a few rounds into a grip change, trying to weaken my grip significantly so it’s feeling pretty awkward.  I have been hitting a lot of good shots but also some total flubs overall making it hard to break 80.Yesterday I shot a 71.  Started birdie, birdie, bogey. The bogey was caused by a poor 4-hybrid popped into a penalty area. I added 4 more birdies and the rest pars leaving me on the 17 tee at 4 under.  The possibility of a new record low score was in my head. It’s a short dogleg left. Blew my 4-hybrid OB right and ended up taking a 7!  

WITB:  088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png M5 10.5 degree with GraphiteDesign Tour AD IZ shaft,  M2 3-Wood, 3-hybrid and 5-hybrid,  P790 6I-PW, 52 and 58 degree Vokey wedges  and 64 degree 088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png Hi-Toe wedge and Tour Spider putter.  088539C8-1A10-4551-9AC5-9770625CCBB0.png.328b5e9003a7a51f646d356f617dff83.png TP5X or Callaway Chrome Soft X balls.  Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align grips.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Forgot to post the two rounds I've played so far this year so I hope it's ok that I post them now.

Last Saturday was brutal.  Topped shots, penalty shots galore, and driver distance really suffered.  For a day that was sunny and in the 70's GameGolf registered my total distance with my longer drive being 235 yards and some in the 180's and GG has my average Driver at 245.  So, driver was a bit disconcerting but I attribute that to my swing overall being a mess.  This is apparent as I had 0 GIRs and 0 pars or bogeys.  The only thing I really didn't feel terribly about was my putting as most of my first putts I left close to the hole and got the ball out of the bunker on my first attempt on the two occasions I found myself at the beach.

Score: 134 

Putts: 38

GIRs: 0

Penalty Strokes: 9

Pars:0

Bogeys: 0

Dbl Bogeys: 6

More than Double Bogey: 12

Played again on Wednesday and although the score was still really high, I topped fewer shots, and had fewer penalty strokes (only 8 this time!) - so, improvement, right? :blink:

I listened to the last few lessons I received last year before playing and tried to incorporate those pieces which at the end of last year I felt good about.  So, taking that swing on the course without really practicing it beforehand I believe explains the occasions when it felt I forgot how to swing a club which unfortunately occurred more times than I wish and included mishitting my driver on the second hole for a total distance of 92 yards (not a typo: ninety-two yards) and for a whopping 73 yards (yes, seventy-three yards) on the 9th hole.  My max drive was 201 yards but my best driver was 185 yards on a steep uphill hole but I doubt it would have gone my average of 245.  All that said, I did avoid playing two rounds without getting a GIR and actually recorded my first birdie of the year, :-$!  I again felt the best part of my game was my putting.

Score: 117

Putts: 35

GIRs: 1

Penalty Strokes: 8

Birdies:1

Pars: 2

Bogeys:  2

Dbl Bogeys: 4  

More than Double Bogey: 9 

Overall, for both rounds, they obviously sucked, but I think that a few practice sessions at the range working on what I was working on last year and getting that down before taking it on the course will bring those scores down.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Been a couple weeks since I've posted so easier to just do it this way. In a little bit of a slump, hitting it ok, just have one or two really bad swings/holes per round lately.

Course rating for my club went up because we are now playing the back nine twice with two hole locations on each green.

IMG_2436.PNG

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Shot a +1 over 13 holes on Saturday. Had to leave at that point, so I couldn't play all 18. Posted as a +2 73 to my handicap, which is probably not accurate with 4 tough holes coming up after I had to leave.

That said, it was one of those days where I was hitting it pretty well and my misses were in really good places. And then I was putting and chipping really well. I feel like I could have scored 73 or better coming in because I was hitting it well, but it could have easily been a 77 or worse. But it was really fun, and I've been hitting it well when I've been playing.

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Could only play 9 on Saturday due to family Easter things.  Shot a 42.  Was all over the place on the first three holes.  Settled down after that and hit five of the last six greens in regulation.  Need to work on my driver and 3w and putting.  I changed my putting stance and I feel like my putting is more consistent, but the greens were playing so slow it threw me off quite a bit.  Still hitting my irons really well which has saved me quite a bit so far this year.  Hopefully getting out a few times this coming weekend. Can't wait!

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Last Thursday was a 76, Friday and Saturday, I just couldn't get my head straight and shot a pair of 82's. Sunday and today, back to 76. All the 76's are 38-38. I guess I have to figure out where I'm losing those 4 shots, and if it's on the same holes or same type of shots.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

96 (70.5/130). 7 GIRS is great for me, but too many blow up holes (including an 8 on a par 3) really screwed with my score. Oh well...I am making progress with my swing so I can't complain too much. 

Played Fossil Trace (T-Rex tee) yesterday and started out with a triple bogey.  Ugh.  Then played +1 for the remainder 17 holes for 76 total.  Two birdies and 3 bogeys for the next 17 holes.

Never give up until the last shot drops.

Edited by Yukari

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Another strange round for me today. 6 birdies, 8 pars, 3 bogeys, and 1 dbl for a 71 (34-37). Started out strong with a birdie, the dbl (which was my stupidity of not finishing the putt), another birdie, then 2 pars, a bogey, 2 more birdies, 2 pars, then another birdie, par, birdie, par, then 2 bogeys, finishing with 2 pars. For a while I was thinking 66, here I come, but then reality set in.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

2 minutes ago, Rkrider99 said:

Another strange round for me today. 6 birdies, 8 pars, 3 bogeys, and 1 dbl for a 71 (34-37). Started out strong with a birdie, the dbl (which was my stupidity of not finishing the putt), another birdie, then 2 pars, a bogey, 2 more birdies, 2 pars, then another birdie, par, birdie, par, then 2 bogeys, finishing with 2 pars. For a while I was thinking 66, here I come, but then reality set in.

Wow that's really impressive as a 9.7! Nice job!

That index won't stay up there for long if you keep shooting scores like that.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Shot an 80 (40/40) on my home course earlier today. Had 29 putts. Pretty happy with the consistency of my game right now. 

Had 10 pars, and 8 bogie 1s. 

Going to give my game a pretty decent test tomorrow. Going to play one of the Primm courses.....if they are still open.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

15 hours ago, klineka said:

Wow that's really impressive as a 9.7! Nice job!

That index won't stay up there for long if you keep shooting scores like that.

Thanks, @klineka

Trend is down to 8.6. I'll see if I can I get anywhere near that score this afternoon. I think playing 6 days a week has something to do with it.

Well, to follow up on my previous post above this one. This afternoon, I shot another 71. A little more exciting. 3 birdies, 10 pars, 4 bogeys, AND a Hole-In-One!! One of our weekly Mens Club tournaments. Made quite a bit of money today!! (And drank lots of beer).

Downside: Handicap Index Trend is down to 8.1

• Like 1

82 (43/39/30) today at a course I have not played in a few years. 

Lots of water on a few holes with fairways sloping to rhe wet stuff. Anything running long after touch down will found water. 

Just took what the course gave me. 

In My Bag:

93 today...could have been better. I played a course I've never played before, and it was by far and away the most difficult course I've ever played (the scorecard rating wouldn't lead you to think that; it's about as difficult as most of the courses I normally play). Mostly shot bogey (11) with 4 DB, 1 TB, and 2 Pars. The big thing today was really tricky, fast greens (I've never played greens this fast; I would barely touch the ball with the putter and it'd fly, and when I tried chipping or pitching, It'd be one bounce and off). Driving has actually significantly improved; I hit 6 fairways, and had approach shots very close to the green (usually about half a club length short; I decided that since I struggle with long irons, I'd take them out of the bag. The longest iron I had in the bag today was my 5). 

Horrible 95 round today (51/44) @ Club Comp -- far too many pull shots off the tee = lost balls  ...think I've been playing too much Golf recently putting too much pressure on scoring well rushing shots was so nervous first 6 holes don't even know why ....not like I don't know how to hit the ball ...  but I seemed to be in an uphill battle to get distances right and tee off well.. 

Edited by NZ Golfer

Go Foxy Go

I played 4 rounds last week of pretty consistent golf. Average 4.5 strokes per hole. Also averaged 30 putts per round.

Pretty sure I owe this consistent play to my daily practice routines, which keeps me familiars with the various shots I encounter when playing for a score.

Happy with my game right now, (knock on wood) I am sure the bubble will eventually burst.....lol

In My Bag: