IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot a 41 last night in my league.  Won 5.5/9 points.

1 birdie
3 pars
4 bogeys
1 double

Good :  Striped the ball off of the tee.  Hit 7/7 fairways.  Putted pretty good.  Birdie was a putt through some light rough and the fringe.

Bad:  Chipping again.  Left a few more short of the hole by 8-12 feet.  Double was caused by a fluffed chip.

81 yesterday. I knew my luck couldn't keep going. 13 pars, 2 bogeys, 2 dbl bogeys, and a triple on the closing hole. On the tee in an hour. Let's see what today brings.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ehh, a very disappointing 98.  I lost some strokes on three drives - two OB and a lost ball, but the other drives were mostly long and straight.  Approach shots were quite good, and they are typically not.  Putting was the real culprit.  Eight GIR - and not one single par or birdie.  I even missed some short ones.

I am still having a hard time pulling all the elements together.

Cheers

Well, yesterday I brought it back somewhat and shot a 78 (39-39). Today, I had a 73, (36-37), 4 birdies, 5 bogeys, and 9 pars. Just don't wake me up. Since I'm not playing tomorrow, with the May 1st update,  I'll have a 7.9 handicap index. Made one of my goals to become a single digit player again.

• Upvote 1

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

shot 69...in a scramble. I was our teams best player (and Im a 21!) so I was just happy to finish under Par lol. 

Driving: C- I was crushing the ball was was pulling the majority of solid drives way left. 

Irons: B- I made solid contact all day, but never hit anything close. Just a lot of safe side attempts at birdie. 

Wedges: D- Minus one REALLY good sand wedge over a tree to 10 feet this was a pitiful day. 

Putting: B+...Made two of our three birdie putts and made them from around 10 feet and the putts moved a bit. Hit a lot of good putts but nothing went in cause we weren't hitting the ball close enough. 

Shot a 90 on Sunday afternoon. Had 4 pars, 1 birdie, and the rest was bad.  Was actually hitting my driver well which was a nice change.  Work I've put in with it is already paying off.  The times I tried to play conservative off the tee with irons or my 3w, I royally messed up.  Just never got into a good rhythm and couldn't string together any decent shots or holes.  Two triple bogeys in the last 4 holes because of dead shanks off the tees with irons really hurt my score.

Looking at the bright side, I don't feel I was too terribly far off for never really getting into a good rhythm.  A couple of decently struck irons off the tee and a few better recovery efforts and that could've easily been an 85 or better.  Weather is looking crappy in Ohio all week and I'm busy all weekend, so it'll probably be two weeks till I get back out.  Already can't wait.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

87 -- yet another bi-polar round  :/

front nine--- 47 far too many poor hits, many bogies.... a couple of triples ... still having issues with pull to strong draw ..not a happy golfer and was lucky a few trees saved me from out of bounds

Back Nine finally getting my driver to work started off with a couple birdies ..better overall gameplay

still far from perfect but after a string of poor rounds where I could get my driver to work at all well I finally had some really nice drives and great fairway hits to give me hope I'll get under 80 again soon than later ... I've at least got down the issues with the driver and played some brilliant 60deg wedge shots ... One really tough 30yard tight line in rough sand bake grounds to a fast downhill green you couldn't even see much of the green as high side greenside mound covered the shot ... got it to drop perfect in front of mound and roll to three feet to the hole.... a 1-60 shot 

3 minutes ago, NZ Golfer said:

87 -- yet another bi-polar round  :/

front nine--- 47 far too many poor hits, many bogies.... a couple of triples ... still having issues with pull to strong draw ..not a happy golfer and was lucky a few trees saved me from out of bounds

Back Nine finally getting my driver to work started off with a couple birdies ..better overall gameplay

still far from perfect but after a string of poor rounds where I couldn't get my new driver head to work at all well, I finally had some really nice drives and great fairway hits to give me hope I'll get under 80 again soon than later .

.. I've at least think I've got down the issues with the driver(which seems to have a more closed face than previous)  and played some brilliant 60deg wedge shots ... One really tough(from poor draw shot of the tee) 30+ yard tight line in rough sand bake grounds to a fast downhill green you couldn't even see much of the green as high side greenside mound covered the shot ... got it to drop perfectly in front of mound and roll to three feet to the hole.... a 1-100 shot for us mid HC's

Go Foxy Go

Stuck on 98, 49/49. Hit driver well, 2 pars, but three blow up holes.  My copy of LSW is on the way so hopefully I can get a plan to get into the eighties soon. 

Today shot 93, 52/41. This course has a front 9 the can jump up and bite and it took a chunk out of me.  I also realized my setup was wrong.  Once I adjusted to shots were better. 

Recorded my first back-to-back birdies!

Shot a 78. The front, brilliant!!! 1 bogey, 3 birdies, and 5 pars, for a 34. The back, I don't want to talk about it. 44 with 3 double bogeys. 3 bogeys, and 3 pars.

The handicap just went from 10 to an 8, and I think I'm trying to make sure I play to it, instead of just letting it happen, which got me there in the first place.

Well, tomorrow is another day.

played different course today started with rough 45 - 6x B 1x TB  1x par. ran out of time so only got 6 holes on the back nine but started to put some better shots 1x birdie 3x Pars 2x B 

Yet again off the tee was hurting me trying to rush so I could get the full round didn't help.. few wayward shots

Go Foxy Go

I guess I’ll start using this.

Tuesday-40 with wonderful ball striking and bad putting. 1 3-putt but made nothing.

Thursday 42 with good putting, decent driving, very bad ball striking. I was 2 over with 2 holes to go and blew it trying to beat the rain.

I must start scoring better soon. By May 15th, there’s no excuse for it being “early in the year”

Boy, I really don't have a clue what is happening. Shot a 79 today (38-41). Cruising along in the front 9 with 1 bogey, 1 birdie, and then bogeyed 8 and 9 for the 38. Started the back ok with a birdie and a par, then the wheels fell off and double bogeyed 12 and 13. 2 more bogeys on the back and I'm left with the 41. I think I'm losing my concentration as the game progresses.

(edited)

Wed 5/01 I hit an EVEN Par (35-37)...career PR. As a curent 9.1, I’ve only shot under 80 4-5 times and they were high 70’s. For whatever reason, everything was clicking Wednesday. I didn’t have any great shots, I just didn’t have any bad ones. I had 2 birdies and 2 bogies.

Today I got out with a buddy and shot an 81 (43-38). I had 2 birdies on the back and two lucky long putts which helped. I think my biggest help has been my recent acquisition and use of a 3W. It tends to tail 10-15 yds near the end of its flight so it’s a work in progress. Today I hit a par 5 in two with a 235yd 3W off the deck setting up a two-putt birdie.  The 6pack of Budlight may have helped me not care as much so I played more relaxed :-)

At any rate, excited to be playing well lately, I’m sure the pendulum will swing back the other way soon so I’ll enjoy it while I can

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

91.  Kinda good for me.  Carded a 10 on like the 5th hole or something, kinda ruining an otherwise solid round.  Putting was not great, but I only 3-putt once.  Approach shots good again.  Hit 8 GIR, leading to 8 pars.  I hit 10 out of 12 fairways on drives (both the others were OB...poopie...) and recorded my longest ever drive.  I played the back tees which kinda forced me to play smarter.  Hmm.

Thanks for reading.

Last week...92 in a tournament with triples on two par 5's. Crazy. -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Southern Hills 6350 yards - medium easy course.

Good front 38, rough back 42 - Slow, got on right after an event.  A few birdie opps, but didn't make the putts, one eagle opportunity on 18 but a super long and wavy putt and that was my 3 putt for the round....  And this course is right in the extended metro so it sees a lot of business.

4 rounds so far this year plus the one in Mexico in Feb.  using up golf show discounts, so still staying economical (all rounds are free with cart rental through end of May) - I still have about 12 more courses local I can levreage.

Bill - 

First game of the year this Sunday. Had a good round for the first of the year. I Shoot 87. No greens where playable so they made temporary holes on the fairway in front of the greens. I manage to sink a 10 foot put for a birdie on a "fairway green". It was the more stress-free birdie put of my life! 1 birdie, 4 par, 10 bogie and 3 double bogie. I'm happy with my iron ball striking, driver is too low but straight so it's looking good for this year.