IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Gorgeous day for golf here in Ohio yesterday.  Hadn't touched a club in two weeks due to rain and traveling some.  Shot an 82 on what is more or less my home course.  9 pars.  Was pushing all my drives left.  Not my usual slice, dead straight, but just left of where I was aiming.  Had three 3 putts.  One of those was just a pure misread and the other two should've been two putts.  Missed all three good birdie looks I had. Definitely need to practice my putting soon.  Was making solid contact with my irons most of the day, just wasn't as sharp aiming as I would have liked. Missed a couple wedges into greens that cost me 3 or 4 stokers.  Overall for feeling like I didn't play very well, I managed to score half way decently.  Definitely have some things to work on, but feel like I'm going in the right direction.

On another note, I finally broke down and signed up for an official handicap through my local golf association.  I'm an 11.1, trending towards 11.6 after today's round :-(.  I included all my scores going back three years.  I feel like I'm playing a lot better this year than in years past, and if I only looked at this years scores I've been playing around a 7.2, according to some internet handicap calculator.  Hopefully I can bring my handicap down to single digits eventually.  Want to try and play some local tournaments later this year or (more likely) next year once I get a new iron set.

Edited by RichWW2
I don't type good

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

73-74 (Par 72) this weekend. 2nd on Saturday and won on Sunday.

Changed my path from in/out to out/in like Dustin Jhonson 3 weeks ago. I gained accuracy across the bag but lost around 10 yards with the driver and 5 yards with long irons (carry). 
Irons fly really high and i´m working on half shots when i´m against the wind. 
Really promising change I made and it keeps working thru several rounds so far. (73-70-71-74-73-74), pretty consistent ball striking, with proper strategy i had 0 penalty strokes in 6 rounds.   

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

St Croix National yesterday, one of my favorites.  It's been a thin year, this is only the 6th round so far and already June.

Blues 6507.  38/39.  3 birdies, 8 pars, 6 Bogies, 1 Double. I missed two birdie putts under 6 feet - but I guess that's balanced as I made a couple from longer  Finally hitting a few greens.  There are two holes on the back 9 that continue to plague me. .....  I have to learn to play those smarter....Overall a really good round for me. 

Bill - 

96 (70.3/126). Shot 44 on the front but 52 on the back. I actually gained strokes putting on a scratch golfer which is my best putting performance ever. Lots of good one putts. Hit a almost nearly 400 yard drive down a cart path lol...still made bogey on the hole! Also lost to a guy I have never beaten. Oh well my handicap should drop again on the 15th. 

95 again today. 4 pars and only one 3 putt. Still too many topped and fat shots and too many doubles but I did well hitting fairways with driver and 3 wood.

72 at TPC Summerlin on Friday.

Then fun tournament in Vegas Sat-Mon, each course was played at around 6000 yards. 66 at Red Rock Arroyo, 66 at Bali Hai and 69 at TPC Vegas.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

49 for 9 holes. Well it was an improvement over my last outing. I didn't lose any balls. Things were going okay until the 3rd hole with a bogey and par on 1,2. I pulled my tee shot on the par 3 and it hit a tree. I hit the same tree two more times trying to get out of jail. Finally did with a lousy chip and two putted. Hit a terrible drive on 4 and nearly saved par on a 20 ft putt. Got another par on 6. 

My sciatica was acting up throughout the round and as a result I couldn't get off my right side fast enough.which resulted in a lot of pull hooks. I can't complain about my lag putting. Getting old sucks.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Played my first round where I actually kept score since 2013... Second round played in 2019.

5 over on front nine and 13 over on back nine, total 89 on par 71.

It was my first time playing this course and was raining the first 7 holes. All things considered I'm okay with it.

• Like 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

76 today (38-38). 1 birdie, 12 pars, 5 bogeys. I'm trying to work on my timing (tempo). For some reason, I've gotten very fast in my backswing and downswing. I keep trying to slow it down, but that just throws off any tempo that I have. Been to the driving range the last 2 mornings with music, trying to swing to a tempo. Seems to have helped a little in today's game.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Ended up in a remodel project that kept me away for a bit. Finally got back into it last week. 83 at Steele Canyon last week and an 85 at Sycuan Willow Glen course today. 

Actually got my first ace today at the 12 th , par 3, 140 yards. Landed on the slope in the middle of the green and rolled back into the cup 20’.

Not so good today. I blame the spectacles I have had to start wearing - sounds much better than I just lost any semblance of a swing - 55 on the front and 49 on the back. Managed my first 4 putt today. <sarcasm on> Gosh, what a great feeling that was! </sarcasm off> On the plus side, with my driver and fairway woods, I'm beginning to hit long enough to start reaching some par 4s that I couldn't get close to previously.

39-47-86. Drove the ball well (for me) most of the round and had a real nice start with four straight pars but the rails came off on the back. That 47 included two birdies so that tells you how bad it was on the other seven holes. Hit three pitches sideways, one going OB. Went to the range after and realized that I was too close to the ball, particularly with my wedges. 

Bill M

78 yesterday (38-40). Only 1 birdie and that was on the last hole. Today was a much better 74 (37-37). 3 birdies, 10 pars, and 5 bogeys.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

82 with 12 pars, 2 bogies, and 4count ‘em, FOUR doubles   :doh:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

100 yesterday, 53/47. Paradise Valley Golf Course in Fairfield, CA. White tees.  Played with a couple of really nice locals. A really nice time.  

Lesson learned ... warm up!

Highlights were pars on a par 4 and a long par 3. Lows were some lazy shots resulting in some really bad blowups.  

This got under my skin on a short par 4.  I hit a good tee shot with my hybrid leaving me an 8 iron in.  Great angle.  What happens? Pushed it into the trees on the left😩😩😩. More work to do.  

70 and 68 this weekend, greens were punched/sanded. Hit 16 greens yesterday and 15 today. Could have gone low yesterday.

Started tracking my strokes gained putting for fun.

Here's yesterday,

IMG_3314.PNGIMG_3315.PNGIMG_3316.PNG

And today,

IMG_3323.PNGIMG_3324.PNGIMG_3325.PNG

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram