IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Yesterday I shot a 46 on a forgiving 9 hole course with very firm fairways (lots of roll) and terrible greens. 1 penalty due to a water hazard that shouldn't be in play.  3 pars and at least 3 3 putts. That's my best score of the year.

War Eagle!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 92 at The Oaks in Mississippi.  Played pretty good, except for a 9 on a par 5 and a 7 on a par 4.  Goes to show that if you put your drive in the woods and end up with a lost ball, and add to that a really poor, poor shot between that and the green, it is tough to score....Hit enough good ones that I will be back next week...

Edited by Osnola
spell

I had a 7:22 tee time on the Hawk at Kittyhawk with a buddy. We played the whites (6400 yards, 70.6/125) and got paired with 2 guys that are 2 years out of college, and one claimed to be a 1 hdcp (I'm thinking yeah right). This is my first round with driver off of all par 4/5 tees. I hit the driver well but the putting was straight up bad by my standard.6 3 stabs, and a 3-4 of those the 2nd putt was under 4.5 feet. 2 fairways, and 2 GIR. 50 out 50 in for a cool even 100. I wasn't happy and it was still early so.......

ROUND 2. That's right. I came home and ate lunch and got the bug again (kind of weird for just playing 18 2 hours ago) so I went to Community, and asked if there were slots. The starter said the inside (Dales course 5000 yards 63.0/102 from the whites which I have always played) was open so I bought my ticket, strapped my bag into my pull cart (rode in the morning because of dew) and Tee'd it up solo. Played through 3 groups (all twosomes) in the first 6 holes, and then it was wide open from there (2 hr round time for 18 holes).........I absolutely obliterated my best score. Now I know this is pretty much and exec course, but I shot an 84 (best prior was 92 on the same course). My drives were all playable (still only 2 fairways) and they were so close that it was kind of silly. Pin high and off the green on 5 holes. This gave me 7 GIR with 2 of those being on in 1 under. 2 eagle putts missed (one I made birdie the other I 3 putt), but I'm chuffed to bits.

This round gave me a new outlook on how I should be playing and what I need to work on. I'm super tired after 36 holes, but I might be back for more tomorrow.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Coming off a miserable Tournament effort (88), I was curious to see if I had lost "it".  Until our trip to Texas, I had been playing very well. 10 days without hitting a single ball showed when I hacked it around at our most recent tournament.

I went to my old standby, Hudson Mills.  I played wonderfully, carding a 74 ( par 71, 70.5/119).  Something clicked about a month ago and I have seen a rebirth of my game. Exciting times for this old guy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn

4 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

10 days without hitting a single ball showed when I hacked it around at our most recent tournament.

It is amazing how fast you can lose it. Even as a noob, 3 days without a strike might as well be starting over.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Played pretty bad today. Just one of those days where a guy doesn’t seem to be able to strike the ball with any rhythm, or feeling. I shot a 53-47 for an even 100. It was a new course to me, plus it was extremely wet. I don’t think the greens have been mowed in a week. Very disappointing!

Today was the second time in a row I shot a 73 on my local par 59 executive course. Prior to these 2 rounds I had always shot over 80. The really short par 3s always ate me alive on the front 9. But I am starting to figure them out.  

Now all I need to do is avoid that one or two blow up holes I always seem to have.

40/39 (Dahlgreen's) on a new course for me.   Nice typical public course with medium challenging holes and great conditions.  We just moved to the west side of town and I've only played a couple over here prior to the move.  The move has kept me to under 10 rounds this summer (vs a typical 50 or so) and it's been 3 weeks.  Slow start, but a nice course.  Prices are a bit higher on this side - I see a lot of old people, so likely retiree demand is jacking up the prices.  But the courses appear to be very nice.  Only one birdie, and that was due to a very nice 2nd shot on a medium par 5.  My approach game was mediocre.

We got behind a 5-some (bad choice by the staff of course).  And, as typical, they had no clue about pace of play.  Fortunately they only played 9 (2 hours 30 min).  BUT then I jumped out on 10 and immediately caught a couple groups by 11/12.  Turns out they let another 5-some out just 4 groups ahead of the one we were dragging behind.

5 somes don't HAVE to be slow - but typically, if people do play as 5, they tend to not also not know what they are doing.  The marshall tried to coach them on how to speed it up, but they were oblivious.  He also didn't have the push to make them skip a hole.  This was right in the clubhouse, IMO, shouldn't let them play like that in the first place.

Bill - 

40/40 at my Home course with a shaky Driver. It was one of those rounds that could have been really good or really bad! Since the Driver was off I was mostly scrambling on approach shots and the short game was saving me, specifically chipping.

:titleist:

:tmade:

35/35=70(-2). Almost a bogey free round, made bogey on 17th hole. Good ball striking despite the 20m/h winds, 10°C and no roll because of heavy rains the day before. The putt was also hot.  

League night last night

Shot a 39 (par 35).  1 birdie, 4 pars, 3 bogey, 1 double bogey

Chipped very well.  Putting was pretty solid although i left a few well short as the greens were very slow. 

Won 7.5/9 points as we play match play with 1 point per hoie.

Saturday I shot an 89 at San Ignacio in Green Valley.  It's more of a desert course than I usually play, so for me it is more difficult, but I played well.  I hit 11 GIR, which is best ever.  Then I proceeded to have SIX three putt bogies. I wasn't hitting the lines I was looking at, perhaps not focusing somehow, as that isn't usually a problem.  Got a little better near the end.  Had a lost ball, and a water hazard besides.  So it was close to being really good, for me.  Driving was pretty good, a lot of the approaches were not great, but I was close enough that they worked out.

One under bogey is good for me.  I want to be a reliable bogey golfer.  Well, that's an intermediate goal, I'd like to be better than that!

Edited by jlbos83
  • Like 1

93.  I am not especially pleased with the number.  But I am happy that I am unhappy with it.  A year ago it would have been excellent for me.  Black tees, so it is probably under my handicap.

96, 43/53. New course for me.  Positive was my new putting stroke is working nicely.  Negative was a couple driver ob shots.

Playing my home course tomorrow. 

Shot 102, actually my personal best! I just started playing this spring and only recently started keeping score though.  What was nice was that i felt good about my game throughout, like very few topped shots and i actually had a few birdie putts (putting sucked so i ended up with bogies).  Feels like the game is starting to come together finally!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Shot a 90, 45 on the front and 45 on the front. Managed four pars, ten bogeys, and then like a moron I managed to triple bogey two holes, and double bogey another two holes.

Both triple bogeys came from hitting it out of bounds on a par 5 and par 3 respectively. If I can limit my blowup holes and stop three-jacking it five times a round as per usual, maybe we have some semblance of a game lol. 

Edited by Kool Kats

+9 79 today. A Triple, 2 doubles and a grouping of holes where i went birdie-bogey-bogey twice. The putter failed me today, I only hit 11/18 of the greens. 5 of the 7 times I missed a green, I made bogey or worse. Twice I was on the green from 30+ feet and 3 putted for bogey. I had 5 or 6 good looks at bird, all inside 15 feet, 2 were shorter than 10 feet and I sank both for birdie. Missed more fairways than I hit, but thats misleading since the fairways tend to swerve left and right so a good shot can still land in the rough. I was hitting my start line with driver, and fading it a little bit. Im pleased with the score considering how bad I truly played in terms of GIR and putts.