IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

55 on 9 holes. It included a nice, character-building 21 on the first hole. Don't ask. By the way, I went par, eagle, birdie on the next three holes, and got 34 for the other 8 holes. 17 putts.

Finally got my first eagle - drove the par 4 3rd hole in one shot and drained the putt.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

+19 after 16 holes today... then had to leave for a track&field; clinic.

for the most part, everything was fine today... had a couple penalty strokes, but my putting was terrible. first hole (par 3) i get on in 2... then 4 putt! also had 3 other 3 putts and only 1 single putt.

front nine i was basically just trying to figure out my sand wedge, haven't been able to hit a regular shot with it so i was hoping to fine tune that a little. distances are off a bit for me, but i'm confident in taking the shot now instead of pitching a PW.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

I pulled off the near impossible tonight. I actually had more putts (20) than swings (19). It was one ugly display on the greens tonight. I rarely 3 puut once in a round. Tonight I did it 3 times, including missing 3 putts inside 3'. The only saving grace was that I actually hit the ball reasonably well and made a 15' birdie putt on the 3rd hole. I also just missed driving the green on a reachable par 4. I was just right of pin high, but ended up on the edge of the woods in some junk. I was able to get the club on the ball, but had to keep it low to get it under some low branches. I ran it through the green and left my chip for birdie 5 feet short and as you can guess, missed my par attempt. 4 GIR, 2.5 putts/GIR (3 threes and a 1). Ugh. Oh well, we still took 5 of 6 points and are still in first by 5 points.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

7 birdies and 2 bogeys today. Shot 5 under on my back nine, which realistically could have been 7. Funny thing is, I wasn't really trying today. I was playing with a member that cornered me into playing, another member from a sister course, than I had a third member join us after 11. That's the second 5under par round in 2 weeks. Now if I could only translate that to away courses.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Only had time for 9 holes today, had to dash off.
Shot 5 over, which i was VERY happy with considering my handicap.

In My Bag:

Driver: TM Superquad 10.5 Stiff
3-Wood: None
Hybrid: NoneIrons: Ben Hogan Apex EdgeWedges: Ben Hogan Apex 52* and 56*Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #1Bag: Ben Hogan BH5 Stand BagBall: Titleist NXT Tour

Shot 40 in my league last night. One of my best 9 hole rounds of the year. If I could only string together a complete 18 hole round!!

Hit 5 GIR which is a new record for me for 9 holes. Putting was okay, no 3 putts but missed a lot of good birdie opp's as well. Not aggressive enough on my birdie putts.
55 on 9 holes. It included a nice, character-building

Your tales just get taller and taller huh?

Played a little par 3 course which was almost too short for me. I can tell i need work on my shortgame and my putting. I think i only made 2 GIRS and my putting was horrible. Im going into club champ on Saturday and my short game needs lots of work. Finished off 6 over 33 :S
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• Administrator
74 at Lake View. Played (tested) the CG Red irons. Not liking them a whole lot. Nothing felt crisp all day and tee shots with irons didn't go anywhere.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

74 at Lake View. Played (tested) the CG Red irons. Not liking them a whole lot. Nothing felt crisp all day and tee shots with irons didn't go anywhere.

I took those irons out a couple of times (only took them out the second time because I really wanted to like them) and felt the same way. Glad it wasnt just me!!!

Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

Your tales just get taller and taller huh?

If you don't believe me, that's your problem. However if you're going to be a jerk about it, I don't have to deal with that.

Today I scrambled my ass off for a 42. Too hot for 18 holes. (95 degrees, smog alert, really hazy, you get the idea.) I've got an ugly duck-hook in half my drives again, and my iron play picked up where the driving died, but just didn't quite get the job done. I went bogey, bogey, double on the last three holes. 17 putts, 4/7 fairways, 4/9 greens.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Shot a 79 today, first time I've broken 80 ever. But still can't putt worth a darn.. missed 8 birdie putts... *sigh*
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

Shot a 77 today, 69.4/123. Struck the ball real well, had a triple bogey where I dumped one in the water on #7.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

92,still 3 away from breaking!

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

40-41=81

I definitely got a work out in today... I walked 18 holes in 95 degree heat with high humidity. I'm pleased how I hit the ball, especially with my irons. While working on the stack and tilt (well, not really the stack and tilt but incorporating a lot of the thought process) I hit my irons probably as well as I ever have. This course isn't that long but it is tight with a lot of dog legs so I hit a bunch of 3 woods off the tee. Probably only hit driver 3-4 times all day. My putting started to come around on the back nine, after of course missing some very makeable putts early in the day. My day wasn't without mistakes though. I drove it in the water on a short par 4 and made 6. Chilli dipped a lob wedge 30 yards short of a par 5 in two and took a 6. 3 putted from 7 feet. But all in all I hit many more good shots than bad

One thing that irritated me was the lack of water on this course. I mean, drinking water!!! I swear it cost me a couple shots on the front nine. Finally got to a cooler on, I think it was #5 and it was empty! 95 degrees... Fortunately there was some a hole or two later and I filled up a water bottle I had in my bag but I wasn't feeling all that well from holes 3-6 (yeah, I forgot to bring something but the starter told me not to worry because there was plenty of water out there...!)

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Shot a 71 at a new course in the area, "The Mines." Anyways, I was in a junior tournament and I was leading after the 1st day. During the round I had 6 birdies and 7 bogeys (par 70). Best all year!

Now here's the bad news. . Coming into the second day of the tournament I started my round birdie, birdie, missed a 3 footer for birdie, and on the 4th hole drove the par 4 green in one. Went on to shoot 80. Golf is a funny game isn't it.

To top it all off, I thought I might get runner up with 71 + 80. Nope, some kid went 76 + 66 for 1st and 2nd place went 73 + 73. Maybe next time?

Driver: Speed Pro D 9.5*

3 Wood: 904F4 15.5*

Hybrid: 585.H 19*Irons: MP-32 4-PWWedges: 52* CG12 DSG 58* CG12 DSG 64* CG12 DSGPutter: custom Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-SlantBall: Pro V1x

i shot a terrible 97 today. had to be my worst putting day in years. very dissapointing but my iron play and driving was great at least.

I love to hate this damn game.

I
AM
ON
FIRE!

5 under for 18 yesterday.
4 under for 9 today.

This is all at my home course. I've got to translate this play to away games. I've going on the road tomorrow, to a much harder course, La Purisma. We'll see how it goes. But I feel good, DAMN GOOD!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

44-43-87 with 37 putts at bedford hills (irish/buckeye). Parden my french but I played like dog shit. Driver was pumpin 270 and straight, but nothing else was working at all. The 95 degree heat, nor the awful course conditions helped.

In The Huffer:

Driver: Superquad 10.5* Aldila NV-S Shaft
3w: 975 F
Hybrid: 22 Degree Baffler Multimetal3-PW: LCG Burner IronsSW: 56 Degree 588 GunmetalPutter: DfX No 2Balls: ALWAYS NXT Tour #3's, or NXT Extreme #3'sHome Course: Glenmoor Country Club: Jack Nicklaus Signature Course. 7015...