IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot a 78 today on the home course. 3 birdies, 8 pars, 5 bogeys, and 2 doubles.

I'm getting more birdies, but I'm also getting more double bogeys. I think the aggressiveness is not necessarily balancing out.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Had the early tee time this morning. Actually I just got to the course real early and went out as a single. I actually paid my fee after the round, since the course was not quite ready for business yet.

Visability was low light for the first hole, but the yellow e7s got me through. Not a worry since I know the first hole, par 5 quite well. Made a one putt for par. 

Shot a 42 with 6 bogie 1s. 15 putts....I think? Just one of those "hit the ball, go find it, and hit it again" rounds, while enjoying a nice morning, out of doors. 

Had a nice (some what lucky) chip in for par. Used my 8i for a 20'+/- foot, upper tier, slow turner to the right. My earlier shot was a little on the fat side, which left me short of the green.

Afterwards I hit a few 5 woods on the range.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

52 minutes ago, Patch said:

Had the early tee time this morning. Actually I just got to the course real early and went out as a single. I actually paid my fee after the round, since the course was not quite ready for business yet.

Visability was low light for the first hole, but the yellow e7s got me through. Not a worry since I know the first hole, par 5 quite well. Made a one putt for par. 

Shot a 42 with 6 bogie 1s. 15 putts....I think? Just one of those "hit the ball, go find it, and hit it again" rounds, while enjoying a nice morning, out of doors. 

Had a nice (some what lucky) chip in for par. Used my 8i for a 20'+/- foot, upper tier, slow turner to the right. My earlier shot was a little on the fat side, which left me short of the green.

Afterwards I hit a few 5 woods on the range.

Funny.  I have my kitchen set up and claim I could cook in the dark.  You're like that on the first hole.  One has to know exactly where everything is... or have good night vision.  Pretty good getting out on a Saturday as a single.

49 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Funny.  I have my kitchen set up and claim I could cook in the dark.  You're like that on the first hole.  One has to know exactly where everything is... or have good night vision.  Pretty good getting out on a Saturday as a single.

It wasn't dark, dark. Just about 20-30 minutes before sun up. I got there early to get the 100 yard practice area. Met the guy who opens in the parking lot. I asked if I could go, and he agreed. Small town course, and everyone is familiar with each other.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Almost broke 80 for the third time in my life - knew I needed a birdie on par 5 18th hole to get 79. Striped a drive, 200+ yard hybrid, then put a 86 yard chip on for a 12 foot putt. Had the line, swore I wasn’t gonna leave it short, and .... hit it a little too hard and it lipped out of the cup. Easily knocked in the 3 footer for 80 and am very happy.

Best round of the year after many ups and downs, lessons, completely reformatting my swing, and am still learning.

Best part was that I had about 7 other shots that could have gone in, ie putts or chips. Only had three dribblers today (hybrid, hybrid, 9 iron). Lastly, when I did have a really bad shot, my next shot was surprisingly good - so wasn’t letting a bad shot create another bad shot. Golf is fun!

37 minutes ago, Sidehatch said:

Lastly, when I did have a really bad shot, my next shot was surprisingly good - so wasn’t letting a bad shot create another bad shot. Golf is fun!

Good attitude.  Kudos!  Being upset or angry won't improve that next shot.  You, I can tell, understand that.

After shooting my best round ever last Saturday (a 93) I now have a new low round after shooting at 90 today! :banana:

My driver is still a little shaky so I have to put some work in to it.  Got really lucky on a narrow par 5 where I pushed it deep into the woods but the ball miraculously ended up in the rough.  Legitimately have no idea how that happened.  Also drained a 36 foot putt so definitely had some good fortune.  The only other long putt I made was a 12 footer so I need to put some work in with my putter.  Lag putting was good, though.  Feeling really good about my play recently.  Starting to really feel confident and if I learn to hit my driver, I'm sure consistent 80's is not too far away (even though it's almost the end of the season).  Anyway, here's the breakdown.

CR/Slope: 69.9/128

Pars:6

Bogeys: 8

DB: 3

QuadBog: 1

GIR: 4

2779254_sPGeyRD5.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Edited by RFKFREAK

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I played Occoneechee, a nice par-71 yesterday, just under 6000 from whites where I played. Started okay, but went triple-double on 5 and 6. Finished with a 47 for the front. Then had a quad on the 11th after dumping two balls in the water. Went on a run on 12-15, parring three of those four holes, with the fourth being a bogey where I missed an 18-inch putt after a beautiful chip from about 15 yds off the green. Doubled the 16th, after I ran my par putt 3ft past then missing that. Finished with two solid bogeys for a 45 on the back and a 92 total. Funny thing is, before the round, I guessed I would shoot 92, and my brother guessed 91! Marvelous course, currently in great shape.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

86 yesterday at The Meadow. Shot a 39 on the harder front side, but had to hooks off the tee and shot a 47 on the back.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Struggling a little yesterday and today. Both days were 82's. Yesterday, I just couldn't get focused. Consistent golf, 41-41, with both sides the same at 5 bogeys, 4 pars. This mornings round was another struggle. 42 on the front, and started the back with a bogey. Then went birdie, bogey, birdie, triple, par, bogey, birdie, bogey, for a 40 in the back. I've got to get rid of those double and triples that I've been doing lately.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Played 36 in light rain today. The first 9 holes I had 5 penalties on a course that I had never played before. The driver just was everywhere. Turned it around for the back 9 there and shot a 96 (CR71.9/SR125). The went to the nearby course for another 18 on twilight. Played reasonably well, with no penalties, which is a first for me on this track. Was playing as a single up until hole 11 when I caught up with a fellow that volunteers there. He was walking but asked if I wanted to play with him instead of passing through. I took him up and we had a great 7 holes together. If I would have played through, it would have been a sub 1:30 round which would have been nice, but company in the rain is welcome I suppose. Ended up with a 45-48 93, which on this course (CR67.9/SR122) is pretty good for me. Not having penalty strokes was really nice but had some duffed shots around the greens. The irons were on fire today and I am feeling super optimistic about my game.

I am 2 rounds away from getting 10 rounds tracked for handicap. It is going to go from 16.6 to 20 or so but I think that I can bring it right back down with some better course management and proper warm up (instead of just going off the first tee cold).

Edited by Bonvivant
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

23 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

After shooting my best round ever last Saturday (a 93) I now have a new low round after shooting at 90 today! :banana:

My driver is still a little shaky so I have to put some work in to it.  Got really lucky on a narrow par 5 where I pushed it deep into the woods but the ball miraculously ended up in the rough.  Legitimately have no idea how that happened.  Also drained a 36 foot putt so definitely had some good fortune.  The only other long putt I made was a 12 footer so I need to put some work in with my putter.  Lag putting was good, though.  Feeling really good about my play recently.  Starting to really feel confident and if I learn to hit my driver, I'm sure consistent 80's is not too far away (even though it's almost the end of the season).  Anyway, here's the breakdown.

CR/Slope: 69.9/128

Pars:6

Bogeys: 8

DB: 3

QuadBog: 1

GIR: 4

2779254_sPGeyRD5.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Followed up yesterday's 90 with another 90 today - this time on a course I've never played before, including a hole in one!

Game golf is messed up so not sure about stats but putting felt better, driver was still uneasy, ball striking overall was good (for me), although a couple of times I had a WTF moment, especially on the last hole where I hit a 7 iron way to the right.  I have no idea about how many GIR's bur the round played out like this:

CR/SR: 71.2/127

Eagles: 1

Birdies: 2

Pars: 3

Bogeys: 5

DB: 4

Other: 3

Penalty: 2

Stoked to see what happens next weekend! 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

1 hour ago, RFKFREAK said:

a hole in one!

Congrats, you bastard! 😜

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Last week, 74, 74, 76 at the Oaks course,  73, 75 at the Canyons course, both at TPC San Antonio.

67 this Wed at Paiute from the white tees, around 6,100 yards.

68 today at TPC Vegas.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

93 on Friday. 6600 yard course though, and couldn't hit my driver to save my life on the back nine. Handicap will drop yet again on the 15th!

Shot a 102 today on a 5877 yard course with lots of elevation. I started good with a par and two bogeyes. Then I decided to let an older gentlemen also playing single join up with me as I was following a quick moving three pack. The golfer who joined me then decided since he had much more experience that he would be giving me a lesson the rest of the round. This did not help my game, the course is not the place to make changes.Many of his tips were probably good but I was out driving him all day and driving straiter so there was a strange dynmanic.  Started doubling everything from there on out and didn't get another par all day. The guy was a good dude but this definitely derailed my game.

WITB:

:ping: G25 8.5 with Hazardous black stiff shaft. Anser 3W 15 degree

:mizuno: MP-14 3-9. 51* Mizuno, :cleveland:54* Cleveland RAW ,60*  588 :odyssey: #2 Stricker special

Today was a scheduled 18 at my local course.  Weather was very favorable, teed off at 65º, though, being AZ, it did warm up to upper 80s when I finished

Of the available course options, for some reason, I choose the one that demanded the most accuracy.

~5,700 from the forward tees. 73.2 rating, 119 slope. Water all over the place. More than a few trees and traps, but none came into play today.

Score was 90. 38 putts (missed way too many "short"), hit 8 fairways, 4 GIR, BUT 12 penalty shots as I sent 3 drives swimming (was able to "recover" two from a watery graves) and one OB by a lot.

Way too many bogies were interspersed with 3 pars and a 3 double bogies.

Most of my not good shots were off the tee; I had not really focused on it in the last 2 - 3 weeks. Way too many shots ended left and distance was only so so.

Good work with my 4h, but too many of those shots were true recovery.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).