IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

10 minutes ago, Sandy Lie said:

Shot a 76 today.  38/38.  Bogey on the 1st two holes then 7 straight pars. Started the back nine the same way, but had 1 birdie  along the way and a bogey on the last hole.

Now that's using economy of words.  Good job.  I have friends who need 15 minutes to explain their 18 hole round while my eyes are glazing over.

We took advantage of some very short tees today and shot 73 (67.7/121).  It was a bit chilly at 38 degrees (f) with a 10 mph breeze.  The course was soggy, the greens sandy and bumpy.  Still, one of my better ball striking rounds despite the conditions.

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I believe about a 74 from 6600 yards in wet conditions, but I played 18 in December in PA/OH, so who cares? 🙂

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Played the local executive track (par 61) and came home with a 68...after going 1 under on the front 9.  "Lets hit one even farther" reared it's ugly head on the back.  The temptation to do better is more persistent than nail fungus.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Shot 99 on Friday 12/27, simply played awful in all aspects of the game. Put in a good practice session after the round to work on some anti-flipping drills and sort of got things sorted out  

Shot 86 on Thursday 12/28, with 14 nGIR/GIR and actually made it through the round without losing a ball and zero penalty strokes (goal achieved). Could have gone lower - had an eagle putt that I botched and ended up 3-putting for par, and two similar birdie putts that ended up as bogies. Also duffed a couple simple chips from just off the green that turned into bogies. But tee to green ball striking was solid so successful wrap up to 2019 season. 

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Shot a 108 at 6511 yds and although not the best, it was so much better than my last game that my brain and body completely vacated on. For the most part I was pleased with it.

Only lost one ball through the round. I think I would have easily been around 100 or better had I not made some silly risks and mis-hits. Stayed out of most of the bunkers which was sweet - only hit two sand traps for the day.

I did have one two-strike to get out of a bunker, three duffed chips, and some three puts (greens were a bit mean as they dried out). No blowup holes which was refreshing.

Shot an 89. A brutal double on the 9th and ended very very poorly with double and a quadruple. Not sure what happened, maybe lost focus got tired. Who knows. Bad taste leaving 18 with a quad. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

93 yesterday. Teed it forward due to windy conditions. Driver was horrible, worst I have hit it off the tee all year. Irons were average, short game was pretty good, and I had likely the most lights out putting day I can remember. Made 5-6 putts outside 10 feet. 

94 on Saturday at Palms @ Palm Aire.  I had both my boys with me.  I suppose that hurt my concentration, but I was just not hitting well.

87 this morning. I had a 12 foot eagle putt on 13 that I left short.  I will take the birdie, but damn, that was my big chance!

I still lose too many strokes driving into trouble.

46 minutes ago, Cantankerish said:

94 on Saturday at Palms @ Palm Aire.  I had both my boys with me.  I suppose that hurt my concentration, but I was just not hitting well.

87 this morning. I had a 12 foot eagle putt on 13 that I left short.  I will take the birdie, but damn, that was my big chance!

I still lose too many strokes driving into trouble.

I will take those scores any day!

Today 75 off the stick. 3 over par 72. Slope 132. 3 birdie putt lip outs.

Swing within myself. Enjoyed the round.

At the moment on the east coast of Australia we have a huge number of bushfires. So far in the state of New South Wales we have had 2.48 million hectares that have been burnt.

A firestorm rolled  a 10 tonne fire truck over 3 times.

Visability is down to 300 yards. Fires are about 100 clicks from my club.

Remember its just a game.....more serious than life and death.

My brother and I played today at a course that we don’t play often (par 71, 6025 from whites, 5355 from golds where he played). He shot 58-66, and hit the ball fairly well. I shot 48-44 (front nine harder than back, in my opinion). Three of the holes I played at +12, the other fifteen at +9, a birdie, 4 pars, 10 bogeys. One hole that really boosted my confidence was the first hole (310 yds, par 4). 5W to center of fairway, chippy PW to 4ft, birdie putt to the center of the cup. Very happy with the round today, especially since I didn’t pull the driver out of the bag all day. If you want to know about the three holes I went +12 on, let me know in a reply.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

98 today from the whites of our city championship course (Eagle at Kittyhawk). Playing from the exact markers (winter time) made it about 6700 yards, which is at least 500 yards longer than I normally play. Very happy with how I did, and even had 4 pars, one of which came on a 430 yard par 4, which is really long for me.

• Like 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Shot 93 at a new-to-me course for my first round in 2020. Pretty happy with how I played, with 12 GIR/nGIR and felt like I should have had a chance to break 90. 

It was a mostly flat links-y course, and I struggled with choosing good target from the tee (tee boxes lacked signage showing the hole layout). I was hitting driver great, but 6 drives carried the fairway into very unforgiving fescue covered mounding or penalty areas. Ended up with four triple bogeys, and four penalty strokes as a result. One drive rolled into a red staked "sensitive environmental area" that players are not allowed to enter to retrieve/play ball, so I just looked at my ball sitting there and bid it farewell, and took my penalty/drop.

I did come within 6 inches of an eagle from a 60 yard pitch shot, and tapped in for birdie.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I’m gonna post these a bit differently from now on. I’m gonna post my score (and anyone else that played with me), talk about it a bit, then rate my game, nobody else’s (unless you want me to go deep into others’ games) on a scale of 0 to 5. Zero is I sucked big time, three is fair, and five is I couldn’t have done it much better if I tried. The categories I’m evaluating are Long Game (woods and hybrids), Mid Game (6I-PW), Short Game (wedges, greenside sand play), Putting and Recovery (trees, rough and fairway traps). Oh, and I’m also gonna say how many fairways/greens I hit. Here’s today’s round:

My brother and I played again today, this time at my home course, and both of us from the whites (6053 yards, par 72). I shot 44 on the front, he shot 59. We were both happy, although I did double both par-3s. One was after my bogey putt did a 360 round the hole, one was after a very bad chip. Then we played the back, and I shot 49, he shot 66. My brother was about 100 yards on the tenth, and he almost holed a 5I! I was absolutely speechless. I made a bogey on the 11th hole after hitting one OB. Wind picked up, so that definitely was a factor. The back at our course is also the harder of the two nines. Unfortunately, no birdies, but I was very close on a few holes. So, a pretty good day for both of us. Final scores: myself 93, him 125.

Now for evaluation:

FIR: 9/14

GIR: 6/18

PUTTS: 37

Long Game: 4.5; Pulled out the big stick twice, neither of which was bad, so I’m gonna start pulling it out of the bag more. Solid contact and direction with woods and hybrids

Mid Game: 2.5; Contact wasn’t superb with the irons, especially early in the round. Thinned and chunked several from fairway.

Short Game: 3.5; A few bad chips over the course of the round, but I had several good ones to offset the bad.

Putting: 3.5; Lags were pretty good, but the 2-, 3- and 4-footers are what killed my score today. Stroke doesn’t feel bad, I’m just reading them wrong.

Recovery: 4; Solid contact from rough, mainly irons, and a solid punch-out from trees on the back nine. My recovery has been pretty good lately.

Well, there you have it. Will start to use this system from now on, as it helps me pinpoint my misses as I post.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot