IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

First off it was sloppy.  Get an inch of rain one day, skips a day and get another inch. Been doing this for 2 weeks. Shot a 93, but struggled on first 4 holes.  Hoping it dries up a bit and I get to play later in the week. 

77 on Course #4.  Breezy conditions and cool to start, low 50,s. Had 41 on the front, 2 double bogeys and 1 three putt. Back 9 was great, even 36. Overall 13 fairways and 11 GIR’s.  One birdie.  On the 15th hole a par 5, hit the fairway, 2nd shot left me about 110 out. Had a downhill lie and proceeded to blade the ball through the green all the way to the 16th tee box. I was about 50 yards to the pin.  I decided to putt the ball. Grass all the way, cut short and a down slope feeding the green.  Left to right break and ran it 5 feet past the pin. Rolled it in for par. Playing partners just shook their heads. 

88 in a really cold, north wind. 43/45, with 33 putts. 

Really happy with that score considering the weather. I dressed for it, but it was still cold. I figure if I get the feeling back in my toes by Saturday, i will have properly survived.

Lots of shorter swings with longer clubs due to the layered attire.  Distance was at a premium today.

Putting wasn't too awfully bad, but on a few greens the ground winds were bothersome. 

Had a 6 on a par 5, so I have to start that streak of no 6s over again. 

It's been ages since I drank "hot chocolate with whip cream topping". Probably my highlight of the round. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Solo game 89 at the local(had 83 couple days ago so was confident of decent score)... came close to walking off after the first 9 holes.. with a 51!!! started with a bogey then teeing off on the 2nd hole I had a couple coming right behind me quick WTF? and about several out in driving distance some out in my fairway and coming down other fairways ..put a decent enough drive PAR

but next hole duck hook = lost ball(that shouldn't have been hard to find!!) took a Quad Bogey ...followed by Birdie ... then wells fell of next two holes .... just really lack of warm-up and composure 

Next Nine dropped two shots for a 38 nothing amazing just didn't stress my shots 

Go Foxy Go

Had a pretty good past week of golf. Weather was really great for this time of year. Played two rounds in short sleeves. 

Play three rounds on my very familiar home course. Low round was an 80, with 29 putts. High round was an 83 with 30 putts. Averaged 4.53 per hole. Middle score was an 82 with31 putts. Happy with the consistent scoring, but it is my home course, so lower scores were expected. 

Shot of the week was a 160+ yard tee shot (7W) to within 5"-6" of the pin on a par 3 bird. It's rare for me to birdie a par three. Actually any birdies are rare for me.

Also made a very lengthy putt to save par, on a par 4. Just a fun week with friends on the golf course. . 

Changed up my practice regimine. Serveral weeks ago, which seems to now be paying some dividends. More on that in another thread. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Before I get into the round, here’s a little background on my day up till my tee time: This round was definitely not a given, because my mom woke me up at about 7:30 this morning and told me that both my brothers and my dad got sick. and that she would be surprised if I didn’t as well in the next few hours. So until just after 11:00, I isolated myself in our room to hold off the (maybe) inevitable as long as possible. I made it till the tee time (11:45), and successfully through the round. It is now a little before 4:30 my time, and I have yet to get sick, although I don’t know whether I will get sick or not. With all that out of the way, here’s the round:

The first tee shot was harder than normal, because a threesome had just pulled up on the first tee. Pushed it into the trees. Resulted in a double, then a triple on the second hole. Not a promising start. I managed to hold on and shoot 47 on the front, despite another double from 100 yards on the sixth hole. After grabbing snacks at the turn, I made my way to the back nine, where I made a solid attempt to break 90. Parred 10 and 11, then bogeyed 12. Played okay the next four holes, and needed two pars on 17 and 18 to break 90. Missed my par putt by a hair on 17, then bogeyed the difficult par-3 18th to shoot 91. Very solid round given my mediocre-at-best front nine.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Was sick all week, so I haven't touched a club since last Sunday. Yesterday I figured I'd better get back out there. Started out ppretty rough with 2 doubles, 2 bogeys, and 5 pars, for a 42 on the front. Then I settled down, started my fairways and greens thoughts, and went par, par, par, par, birdie, par, bogey, par, par, for an even 36 on the back 9. A 78 is not too bad for a week off.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

42 on 9 holes this afternoon on a soaked course. First time out in 3 months. 

FW: 7/7
GIR: 5/9 (blah)
NGIR: 3/4.  Chunked a couple of pitches so I wasn’t able to convert

Putts: 18 with a 3-putt

satisfied with the putting, happy with the drives...my ball-striking & short game was lacking. GIR is king and I clearly don’t have royal blood. Good thing I don’t do this for a living or my kids would starve to death

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Followed my 78 on Sunday with an 88 on Monday. Way too many doubles. Settled down with an pair of 40's yesterday, for an 80. On the tee in an hour. We'll see what today brings.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Ok, so followed up today with a solid 75. But I'm not that happy about it. My playing partner is totaling up the scores prior to the last 2 holes, Says, gee you're even for the round today. 17, double, 18, 6 feet for a birdie, 3 putt it for a bogey, for that 75, gee thanks for letting me know.

Shot a 79 yesterday with 3 birdies. Played sloppy early but better as the day progressed. Had a gimmie birdie on the last hole which was nice as my team was down 1 stroke going into the hole and they bogeyed so we ended up winning the match(4 ball). Started to hit my irons better which is the best part of the day as that is one of my goals for the year....to be a better iron striker. Going to take some time but saw some positives.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Friday's round was a 78, Saturday a 76, and today a 75. Nothing really outstanding in any of those rounds, just good solid golf. Lots of pars, a few bogeys and a couple of birdies.

Got sick in the middle of the night Wednesday, and I got a fever late Thursday that spiked at 103 degrees. Still wasn’t feeling 100% normal today, but decided to play anyway. After my terrible front-nine 53, I decided against tackling the more difficult back nine and played the front again. This time was a little better, but still not great. I shot 48. The ugly little slice that occasionally crops up in my round stayed the entire day. Only two pars today, both of them on the second nine.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

87 and then 89 in my last two rounds.

First round (2/9) I got 13 GIR/nGIR, and suffered 3 penalty strokes. I completely bungled a couple holes with short game/putting failures. Played poorly on the front 9, with 3 doubles and a triple, and then much better on the back 9.

Second round (2/16) I managed 12 GIR/nGIR, and 5 penalty strokes. I was +8 after the first three holes and almost decided to toss my scorecard in the trash. But a stress free par on the next hole kind of turned things around, and I settled down and played alright from that point on. I was pretty satisfied with 89 after the bad start.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

76 today. Just like last time, going into 17 at 1 over par, and end up going double bogey, bogey, for that 76.

Haven't been keeping up with posting in this thread so here are my scores the past month. Been in a slump since about mid Jan, starting to come out of it. Part of it is also how hard the course is playing this time of year, not much grass on the fairways, greens are firm and fast and really tough to get it up and down off the dormant bermuda. Good news is my handicap is going up 👍

IMG_0332.jpgIMG_0334.jpgIMG_0335.jpg

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

72, birdied three of the first four holes and didn't do much from there. Driver has been really good lately.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram