IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

77 on Saturday, 79 from the back tees on Sunday.

Playing a team match play this morning, then taking tomorrow off.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot a nice 73 (36-37) today. No birdies, but I did have an eagle on a par 5 hole. 86 yards out, half an approach wedge, one bounce and into the hole. Good solid round, 1 eagle, 14 pars, 3 bogeys.

Won the team match play.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

77 from the back tees today. 1 birdie, 11 pars, 6 bogeys.

Rkrider99 might be one of the last golfers on the planet.  You have until the sun goes down today.  Get one last good one in for the rest of us!

Last weekend, over the objections of my wife, I drove a long way to find an open course several counties north, courtesy of Ron DeSantis.  I shot a very ho-hum 92 on a super easy course.  So I have no excuses. There's this habit I have got into of closing my trailing wrist (resulting in hooks) on the first few drives until it annoys me so much that I remember that I am a dumbass and simply stop doing it.  High point though, I got to use my 3-wood a few times, which has been so nice to me lately.  On the 520-yard par 5, I hit a decent drive leaving me with 243 to the center of the green, back pin.  I struck the ball well, but lost it in the air until I saw it roll up to about 4 feet from the flag. Yes, I missed the putt.

Well, I do live literally 'on the golf course'. Walk out my back door and I'm on the tee. We have a tournament at 1 PM today. I'll try my best for a great score.

Even if they close the course, what's the difference if I'm taking a walk down the sidewalk, or taking a walk down the fairway with a club in my hand?

We are observing all the standard precautions, single rider, single cart, don't touch the flagstick, no water coolers or ball washers on the course. Heck, I'm not 6 feet away from my fellow golfers, I'm 60 yards away.

Well, I guess I have to respond to this, since @Cantankerish started it.

A pretty ugly 81 today. Funny thing was, the organizer said everyone shot terrible today. I guess people have other things on their minds.

The course is staying open, putting green and driving range closed today at 5 PM for the duration. New rules: no congregating in the parking lot, separate carts for all, no wife's riding with their husbands. Not sure why. Mostly shotgun starts, that way they can space groups out more. Otherwise it's golf, golf, and more golf.

The good news is I shot 68 today. The bad news... it was only 13 holes. I skipped the first five to get around a large group. It started out with a promising par on 6. It was a whole lot of ugliness until 15 where I started to get some feels back. The first time out since early November. I'll take it I guess.

2848705_Uvq4eEVY.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

- Shane

Shot a 76 today with a dreadful short game. Hit 11 greens, 2 birdies, 7 bogeys, 9 pars.

Happy with the score overall, that easily could have been a 72-74 had I not flubbed a couple shots from 30-60 yards. 

Not that surprised about my short game, I haven't had much of a chance to practice it much in the last month.

Very happy with driver and full iron swings right now, putter was pretty solid too, I was hitting my lines and had some good reads too.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

Shot an interesting 78 (39-39) today. Had no idea what was going on with my game today. Drive on #1 into the trees, 150 yd punch shot on the green 20' away from the hole, make it for a birdie. Second hole, big slice into the 1st fairway. Trees in the way, take the shot, hit's a tree and lands in the sand waste area 80 yds out. Punch the 3rd shot to about 8 feet, make the putt, par. Third hole, big slice (I never slice the ball), into the sand waste area on the 9th fairway. Trees in the way, 170 yd punch shot to about 5 feet from the green, chip on, one putt, par. Fourth hole, par 3 on the green with a severe sloping back to front green. Putt it about 6 feet uphill and it rolls into the cup for another birdie. I think I've got game today, -2 after 4. Then reality sets in, 3 bogeys, then a double bogey, and finish the front with a par. Back side was more my game. Bogey 10, followed by 4 pars, another bogey, 2 more pars, ending with a bogey.

I think the slicing part on the first couple of holes was due to the fact that the driving range is now closed. It's show up for your tee time no more than 5 minutes ahead, and go tee off. No time to practice or loosen up that swing.

Edited by Rkrider99
addition to description

Shot a 77 today, 5 bogeys, 13 pars. Wasn't hitting it that well on the front 9, was tentative and decelerating through my approach shots/pitches. Corrected that and proceeded to par the next 10 holes from hole 8 through hole 17. 

Pretty happy with how I have been playing overall, my ball striking with my irons has been really solid, my start lines have been excellent, and my "big" misses with driver have decreased significantly, resulting in only one lost ball/penalty stroke in the last 2 rounds (still managed to make par by getting on the green from 215 out on a par 5).

Really doing a good job of sticking with my preshot routine, and no double bogeys in the last two rounds has been nice too.

Short game definitely needs work, plan on going to an empty field in my neighborhood tomorrow and hitting some 30-70 yard shots.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

Another interesting round yesterday. I couldn't get anything going on the front 9. If I hit the green, I'd 3 putt. Ended up with a 44. Disgusted, we moved to the back 9, started bogey, then pars on 11, 12, 13, 14, birdie on 15, pars on 16, 17 and 18 for an even 36. How the heck can a person do that?

Today's round was another up and down day. Shot a pair of 40's from the back tees, but it was a struggle. Front 9 carded 2 double bogeys, 3 bogeys, 1 par, and 3 birdies. Back 9 consisted of 4 bogeys and 5 pars.

80 (diff 6.3)

FW: 14/14 

GIR: 10/18

hit my 5W and 3W much straighter which was helpful for longer par5’s

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Monday Team Match Play. I shot a 73, my partner shot a 74, and we creamed our opponents. That was after giving them 6 and 8 strokes each. A really fun match today.

98 on Friday (18 holes)

48 on Sunday (9 holes)

Been dealing with the shanks for about 2 years now. Made the decision to buy a golf net once all the driving ranges closed up due to COVID. Iron shots are starting to come around. Had a pro look at my setup and noticed I was not holding the club the proper way. It's made a world of difference. 

Played 45 holes today in 6:10.  That’s about 1:15 per 9!

Played well.  77, 79, and even par 36 for the emergency 9.  

Still managed to lose $50.  Life ain’t always fair!   😑

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Well, I might as well keep the topic going.

81 yesterday, really struggled.

Today was an interesting round. Went bogey, birdie, bogey, bogey, birdie, bogey double bogey, bogey, par, for a 41. Heading to the back, had bogey, bogey, par, birdie, bogey, par, par, par, par, for a 38. I'll take the 79 and be happy.

Tomorrow mornings round is from the black tees, and then it's Monday Morning Match Play.