IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot a +3 75 today, 2 birdies, 3 bogeys (all on par 3s), 1 double, 12 pars. 9/18 GIR.

Highlight of the day was my second birdie. I was about 170 out, had some overhanging tree branches about 15 feet high, so I hit a knockdown/punch 4 iron that hopped once on the green and then hit the flagstick, coming to rest about 5 feet away and I drained the putt for the birdie.

My short game and putting were very solid today, I gained 2.44 strokes on short game and 0.82 strokes on putting compared to a scratch golfer. The short game success was without a doubt a direct result of the pitching and chipping tips @iacas gave in the 30 day practice plan, so thanks for the help Erik! I mainly used a combination of the chip and pitch techniques, not a full on pitch but not a full chip either. Multiple times from 20-40 yards out I had tap ins for my putts.

The double bogey was on a par 5 and was simply a result of me not paying attention to my shot zone, I hit driver which brought water into play on both sides, hitting a 3 wood would have kept me short of both ponds.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

78 with an eagle.   First eagle in almost 2 years.  Shortish par-5, only 480, but I hit my 3-wood to 3 feet.

My rat-bastard buddy says, “damn, it would really suck if you missed that putt”...  

...I didn’t!    :dance:

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Sundays round shot an 83, Monday, shot an 83. At least I'm consistent. On the tee in 36 minutes.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Played yesterday and shot 42,43 for an 86. I struggled a bit and took 4 penalties, went in a few bunkers etc but my short game and especially putting worked really well, likely due to the drills I have been doing, thanks Erik.  I'm still struggling with distance control with the short chips/pitches, as it's difficult to practice into a net but my putting was real good, 23 putts.  Going to catch up on drills today/tomorrow.  Getting tough to get tee times now as bookings are cut to 50% with shortened hours at my club and increasing players due to 3 nearby courses closing, plus there are restrictions on advance bookings etc. I am still thankful that we are at least able to play some golf. Luckily I have a few guys that I play with on a regular basis and hopefully my region can get this virus under control and we can stay open and get the other courses open again. I still think golf is one of the better options during this pandemic, for healthy exercise, while being able to stay safe and am especially thankful that my course management and staff are doing a great job  

Carded a nice 78 today from the black tees. Should have been better.

Pars on 1-9 for an even 36 on the front. Then double bogey on 10, par on 11, bogey, bogey, on 12 and 13, another double bogey on 14, and finished the round with pars, a 42. No birdies.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

+2, 38 today on my back nine. Very pleased with that without considering strong wind and the greens were just aerated. Three bogeys and one birdie! Been working much more on putting as it’s been a glaring weakness of late. Had three putts 30’+ and lagged them all to tap ins. Birdie putt was a 6’ which is a low percentage make for me. So looking good! No s***** of course!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

No s***** of course!

Here I just assumed the wind was blowing left to right on every hole 😜

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

(edited)

82 (42/40)

FW: 14/14

GIR: 10/18

Putts: 35

10 pars, 4 bogies, 3 doubles 😔

worked on my pendulum putting on a couple of lag putts and did terrible. Had a couple of one-putts which offset a three-putt.  
Ball striking was inconsistent with swing changes, but overall happy with it. 

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

On 4/15/2020 at 4:48 PM, Vinsk said:

+2, 38 today on my back nine. Very pleased with that without considering strong wind and the greens were just aerated. Three bogeys and one birdie! Been working much more on putting as it’s been a glaring weakness of late. Had three putts 30’+ and lagged them all to tap ins. Birdie putt was a 6’ which is a low percentage make for me. So looking good! No s***** of course!

Good to hear you’re back playing again!   :beer:

• Thumbs Up 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Shot an 86 today. Thought about giving up golf, but then decided it was all in my mind.

Started out pouring rain, figured we wouldn't be playing, so started deciding what movies we would want to watch for the day. Well, cleared up some, and golf was on. Walked out to the garage to find the golf cart without clubs. Oh, yeah, the wife had the cart yesterday, I put my clubs in the trunk of the car, but the wife just left to go shopping. Gave her a call, and she said she had just put the groceries in the trunk and realized she had my clubs. Well, we postponed our tee time, she showed up 20 minutes later, and all was well. Except the game.

Tomorrow is another day.

10 hours ago, Rkrider99 said:

Shot an 86 today. Thought about giving up golf, but then decided it was all in my mind.

Started out pouring rain, figured we wouldn't be playing, so started deciding what movies we would want to watch for the day. Well, cleared up some, and golf was on. Walked out to the garage to find the golf cart without clubs. Oh, yeah, the wife had the cart yesterday, I put my clubs in the trunk of the car, but the wife just left to go shopping. Gave her a call, and she said she had just put the groceries in the trunk and realized she had my clubs. Well, we postponed our tee time, she showed up 20 minutes later, and all was well. Except the game.

Tomorrow is another day.

Ok now see...the Golf Gods were trying to get through to you. Don’t play. First the rain followed by a test with it clearing up. So then the missing clubs...you made the call. At that point they had no other choice but to caddy along and wreck your game. So yes, tomorrow is another day.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Shot 43 off silver on the front and 41 off blue on the back nine yesterday, decent round but putts were off a little from my usual. I also hit a few terrible shots off the tee so had some recoveries to do.  Ended up with tight ankles and calves afterwards though ?  Maybe it was those stork drills ?  

5 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Ok now see...the Golf Gods were trying to get through to you. Don’t play. First the rain followed by a test with it clearing up. So then the missing clubs...you made the call. At that point they had no other choice but to caddy along and wreck your game. So yes, tomorrow is another day.

Wow!, I've never tried that excuse. You're right.

BUT,

And another day it was. Front 9, par, par, par,birdie, bogey, birdie, par, par, par, for a 35 (-1). Back side a little sloppy, bogey, bogey, par, bogey, and parred out for a 39. I'll take a 74 any day.

Crazy game.

On 4/15/2020 at 9:45 AM, SteveH said:

Getting tough to get tee times now as bookings are cut to 50% with shortened hours at my club and increasing players due to 3 nearby courses closing, plus there are restrictions on advance bookings etc.  

What golf course?

17 hours ago, Rkrider99 said:

Tomorrow is another day.

Sounds like my situation back in November

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

4 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

What golf course?

I'm a member at Pheasant Glen but I was wrong about it being busy because of extra bookings from elsewhere, they are only allowing members to book, except Sunday when it's only open for free golf for frontline and essential workers, but with 300 members and reduced tee times its a bit of a lottery getting tee times.  Arrowsmith is open but it's a shorter course (par 61) and I heard  today that Morningstar may be open again ?  

• Like 1

Started off well today with 41 on the front but struggled a little on the back and took 46 for an 87. I get 13 off silver tees so not very good.  30 putts, 15 a side and only one birdie.  Struggling a little with my chipping/pitching distances since I am working on a more rotational stroke instead of all arms.  Hard to practice right now to dial these shots in but I'm sure it will payoff with improvements to my game as I persevere.