IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot 68 today. Shifted my attention to getting ready for the Club Championship. I played all the way back with my right foot off the teebox because thats about where they put the tees on the second day. My course plays about 7100 yds from there so the driver needs to be ready to go.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot an 88 today (still a hacker) at the Robert Trent Jones Hampton Cove River course. I don't feel too bad about the score because I played from the tips (7600 yards) and I had never played the course.

Unfortunately I was in Huntsville, AL on business so I had to buy balls and a glove at Target. I hit the rental clubs at the course; not bad actually, they had a nice set of cobras. I also demoed a new cobra f-speed, I absolutely bombed it. Also tried a nike 60*; I really need to invest in a new wedge with D-4 or D-5 weighting.

"There is no miracle tip. Fix your swing."

In the bag:
Sumo2 w/ Aldila VS Proto 60g S
Halo 2h Apex Pro 4-PW Vokey 2 52.08/56.10/60.04 Red X #3 34" Tour Deep

Shot a 42 today although my score doesn't reflect how badly I was playing. I started off with a bogey on the first which is a par five which I SHOULD be getting on in 2 every time. Then I doubled the second. It pretty much went like that the rest of the day. My only highlight was reaching the green in 2 on a long par five (something like 540) by bombing my drive and killing my 3 wood. I ended up three putting for a par .

In the Bag
Driver: FT-3 Fusion Driver
Fairway Woods: FT-3 Fusion 5 Wood
Hybrids: FT Fusion Hybrid
Irons: ZB Forged 4-PWWedges: X-Tour (52,56,60)Putter: Rossa Daytona 1

I walked 27 today and shot 41, 40, 40.

Well hey if nothing else at least I'm consistent.

"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

Edit:

Wow! That's all I can say.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

So today was my first round with my Superquad and Odyssey XG#1 putter.
Playing off about 20 my golf isnt exactly super and so the first hole today i hit a nice drive only to follow it up with some miserable iron shots including one into the water to end up with a 9. I struggled on for the rest of the 9 to end up with a 47 with 16 putts.

Then i had we had a quick break at the half way, got some food into me (health food ofcourse). On the 10th, 240yard par 3 put it on the green and a 2 put to par. from then on my game was locked and loaded.
I knew i was playing alright golf and a mate counted up the scores the end and goes what do you think you had. i said "41?", he said "lower", i said "40?", "lower", "39?", "lower" and then he was so annoyed with me guessing he said "35". I obviously didnt believe him so i re-counted it, but he was right. I was stoked.

Ended up with a 82 with 30 putts which i was VERY happy with.

Ive never used a driver before and decided it DOES make all the difference, a good drive just sets you up.

In My Bag:

Driver: TM Superquad 10.5 Stiff
3-Wood: None
Hybrid: NoneIrons: Ben Hogan Apex EdgeWedges: Ben Hogan Apex 52* and 56*Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #1Bag: Ben Hogan BH5 Stand BagBall: Titleist NXT Tour

Posting from yesterday, I played Branson Creek, which if you havent played it, if you are close it is definitely worth the money. At #60 I think on the top 100 public courses. I shot an 84 from the gold, next to back tees. Definitely one of the more impressive courses I have played.

In my Arkansas Razorbacks stand bag:

Driver:SasQuatch SUMO2 9.5°

2 hybrid 16° 3, 4 hybrid 3DX5-PW: Tour Pro ComboWedges: 52°, 56°, 60° spin milled Putter: Circa '62 No. 1 ; Newport Tel 3 LongNeck ; Newport 2 ButtonBack LTDBalls: ProV1

Played my home course today from the members and shot my best ever 80 (Par 71). It was at Waynesborough Country Club Shot a 42 on the front (Par 35), and a 38 on the back (Par 36). Could've been better. I had one 3-putt on each nine, and I ruined some holes with bad club selection.

In my Bag:
SQ 10.5*
Old Burner 15*
CPR hybrid 21*
NDS Irons (4-PW) Vokey 52*,Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Vokey Spin Milled 60* NewportBallsTP Red

45-42-> 87 and I played like dog crap once again. Short game was consistent and decent, drives were good... but all of a sudden my iron game has fallen flat on its face. Figures. Funny how one piece is always missing.

-Funny moment of the day. 175 yd par 3 over water. Tee box sits elevated right by an intersection. I shank my 7 Iron into the water and execute, with perfect form, the famous 7 iron throw. From behind the head, not from the side like a baseball swing. The hits hard right on the cart path and scratches the hell out of the sole. Already pissed off, about two cars sitting in the intersection must have seen my antics and honked their horns at me.

Not looking good coming into this big week of golf, kinda wrapping up the season before school starts and I have no free time.

Thu- Firestone CC (South or North) (OH)
Fri - Glenmoor CC (OH)
Sun - Doral (FL)
Mon - Carolina Club (FL)
-things are looking good that I might play inverness in Toledo, OH toward the end of next week as well. If it all pulls through, i might just retire after these rounds.

In The Huffer:

Driver: Superquad 10.5* Aldila NV-S Shaft
3w: 975 F
Hybrid: 22 Degree Baffler Multimetal3-PW: LCG Burner IronsSW: 56 Degree 588 GunmetalPutter: DfX No 2Balls: ALWAYS NXT Tour #3's, or NXT Extreme #3'sHome Course: Glenmoor Country Club: Jack Nicklaus Signature Course. 7015...

So here it is, my first post in this section:

Went to my local goat path for a quick nice with my buddy. I was playing great, 100% fairways hit and 4 GIR's and a birdie when I got to #8. There were 4 young kids teeing off and each shot 2 or 3 times. Sunlight was falling fast and I knew I was playing my potential low 9 to date. I had a 28 going into the hole and my low for 9 is 42. After waiting forever to tee off I felt nervous. I hit a weak fade and had 160 to the hole with the ball above my feet for a lie. I hit a 6 iron pure but with light falling I couldnt find the ball. I ended up having to drop, carded a snowman and the round was shot...... Guess there's always next time. Ended up with a bogey to finish and shot 44.

In the bag:

Burner 10.5
Rescue mid 16, 19, 22, 25
X-16 irons Forged+ Vintage 48, 54, 60 Circa 62 #3 A009125

practice round for mid-am qualifier. played a couple balls several holes but shot 83 on my first ball. Course management could probably have taken another 4 or 5 shots off.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

I played Wingpointe with a friend today, from the blue tees playing tournament rules and managed to card an 84.

It was a very bizarre round as I went out in 46 and almost quit then, but came back on FIRE in 38 and saved myself probably 30$ in bets on the back nine.

On the front I was running putts routinely 5 feet past and on the back I was just money inside 15 feet.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

85 on Falconhead in Austin TX

no excuses.....but it was a new course for me, and I am not used to bermuda grass. I live in Virginia....

Put i did have a 60 foot chip in eagle on a par 5

Bag:
Driver: 325 (draw)
Irons: mp 32
Wedges: Black Ni
Putter: Teardrop...dominatorBall: nice ones.

Yesterday I carded in the ugliest 48 of my life on the front side of The Willows. God, I couldn't sink a single putt. 4/7 fairways, 5/9 greens, 24 putts. They were lightning fast and I couldn't get the speed right at all. Either I was short or I blew it way past the hole. Ugh.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Played last night in my league and shot my best round of the year. I had a 36 (31 par) with two balls in the water and one unplayable just into knee deep weeds and trees. I got hung up at work putting out a "fire" and was an hour late to the course. My wife did not want to play with them as they are the resident cheaters in our league so she got there late. They played with a couple that had a bye.

The killer is that I was giving my opponent 15 strokes for 9 holes. He post a 47 with a 22 league handicap. Mine is 7. I lost by 4 to a guy that cheats his ass off and is smug about it. I walk up to the table where they are sitting after the round and he asks how I did. I tell him 36 and says pretty good, but not enough. My wife was livid. She played poorly and her opponent shot her best round ever. Go figure. We drop all 6 points and are now only 3 ahead of them with 3 weeks to play. They get a bye next week and we have to play a team that can be tough to beat. They are new golfers that are getting a little better each week. Their handicaps have yet to catch up to their improvements and they can shoot well below their averages on any given night. He shot a legit 52 yesterday with a 25 handicap and she shot a 58 with a 27. To beat that I would need to shoot 33 and my wife would need to shoot 47. The saving grace is the fact that even if we lose all 6, the worst that can happen is we go 3 down with two weeks to play. We have already played ahead for the following week and I shot 37 to my wifes 47. That will get us a sure 6. If it plays itself out we get the cheaters on position night head to head in a duel to the death. Man will I be pissed if we lose to them for the season title because of the 6 points from last night.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Posted a 89 at Blackmoor, Myrtle Beach on Monday, 8/6 (avg heat index between 12pm and 4pm, 108°)

shot an 88 at Pawley's Plantation, Pawley's Island, 8/8 (heat index.... you get the idea)

playing the Tradition Club tomorrow - let's hope the temp is below 80° when we leave the house at 7am!

For the first time in my life, I am shooting to beat the temperature.

In My Bag:

Driver: 9.5° 905T
Hybrids: 18° and 20° Baffler Pro
Irons: R7 TP 4-PW: Dynamic Gold S300 shaftsWedges: 52°, 56° and 60° Vokey wedges (252.08, 256.14 and 260.08): Dynamic Gold S300 shafts Putter: 36" Dual Force Rossie 2 Bronze Ball: Pro V1x