IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

89 for the first round in seven months. Got the hooks early on, but figured things out. Short game was surprisingly good as were partial wedges. It was windy and cold to start, but got nice later. My body felt remarkably fresh too. I guess not siting at a desk all day, walking and exercising daily and doing home repair is a good fitness base. I know what I need to work on, I just wish ranges would open.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

89 for the first round in seven months. Got the hooks early on, but figured things out. Short game was surprisingly good as were partial wedges. It was windy and cold to start, but got nice later. My body felt remarkably fresh too. I guess not siting at a desk all day, walking and exercising daily and doing home repair is a good fitness base. I know what I need to work on, I just wish ranges would open.

I hear you about the ranges being open.  Ours were closed on the day the courses opened up... but within 24 hours there was a clarification and ranges could be open.  Hope that's the case with you, as well.  During the shutdown I bought two new drivers and was jonesing to work with them on the range.

Just now, Double Mocha Man said:

I hear you about the ranges being open.  Ours were closed on the day the courses opened up... but within 24 hours there was a clarification and ranges could be open.  Hope that's the case with you, as well.  During the shutdown I bought two new drivers and was jonesing to work with them on the range.

I hope so. Now that I have the time, I would like a proper warm up before rounds and a place to practice to see ball flight. Hitting into a net only tells you so much. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

75 yesterday, followed by a 75 today. Had to birdie 2 of the last 3 holes for that 75.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

The noodles at my home course are gone, and now they’ve just turned the cups upside down, like I’ve seen at most courses. When I played today, it was windy, around 15 mph, gusts at probably 25. And cold rain started coming down on hole 4.

Anyway, I played nine holes and shot a 40, tied for my second best nine on that course! I’ll go into more detail in my weekly blog post, but here’s the scorecard:

PAR: 4-4-3-5-4-4-3-4-5—36

SCORE: 4-4-3-6-4-5-4-5-5—40

I also played with one of my teammates, and he was impressed, seeing as that he hasn’t seen/heard about me playing this well since our last match on Mar. 12. My game is definitely trending in the right direction!

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

76 during a job interview! I was interviewing to be an Assistant Golf Professional and played lights out. Driving was spot on, Iron play was good and my short game saved my ass quite a few times. I had 2 birdies, a few too many bogeys and I missed a few putts for key putts to save par, but I got the job!

Edited by freshmanUTA

Shot a 78 this morning in pretty tough conditions, with temps in the upper 30s to low 40s with a 15-20 mph wind the entire round. 

Hit 8/14 fairways and 8/18 greens.

Had my best driving round ever statistically, gaining 1.20 strokes driving compared to a scratch golfer. 

Gained a ton of confidence with my driver, everything was dead straight or a manageable fade, no massive slices and nothing missing to the left at all.

Irons were just meh, I had 3 long sleeve layers on my upper body so I know I wasn't turning with my upper body as much as I should have.

Highlight of the day was the short 4 par 9th hole, scorecard lists the hole at 285, pin was in the front and the tee box was moved up a bit too so the pin was 251 from the tee, I hit a smooth drive that went dead straight, carried exactly pin high, leaving a ball mark just over 1 foot from the hole to the right, and rolled to the back fringe/light rough where I chipped back to within 6 inches for a tap in birdie. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

First round since being shut down in March. My last round then it was 60 and sunny. After a couple holes I was down to a short sleeve shirt. Fast forward to May. It was 38, 15 to 20 MPH winds with gusts hitting 45. Your pre T ritual is in your car, waiting for a text to send you out. Members usually have some sort of game but we decided to just play today as most of us had not hit a ball in a while. We were going to keep a card and post scores though.  Our first is a par 5, 90 degree dogleg left. You hit to the base of a steep hill, second shot about 160-170 up the hill, staying short of the tree line, leaving you 100-125 in. So i started with a 3 wood, started in the middle then the early round slice carried it 50 yards right into the trees. had a decent punch out to about 1/2 way up the hill, took a bit of the corner off on my third leaving me 40 yards out. Pitched to the front edge of the green, 20 feet out. Twenty footer for par, not bad.This is when we saw the greens had been punched, but not top dressed. That's also when the wind really picked up, blowing the sand out of bunkers. And the snow started...snow..in May. 

So its 38, howling winds, snowing and punched green. We played 18. I have no idea what I shot, but I had a %&^#@& blast!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

First round since being shut down in March. My last round then it was 60 and sunny. After a couple holes I was down to a short sleeve shirt. Fast forward to May. It was 38, 15 to 20 MPH winds with gusts hitting 45. Your pre T ritual is in your car, waiting for a text to send you out. Members usually have some sort of game but we decided to just play today as most of us had not hit a ball in a while. We were going to keep a card and post scores though.  Our first is a par 5, 90 degree dogleg left. You hit to the base of a steep hill, second shot about 160-170 up the hill, staying short of the tree line, leaving you 100-125 in. So i started with a 3 wood, started in the middle then the early round slice carried it 50 yards right into the trees. had a decent punch out to about 1/2 way up the hill, took a bit of the corner off on my third leaving me 40 yards out. Pitched to the front edge of the green, 20 feet out. Twenty footer for par, not bad.This is when we saw the greens had been punched, but not top dressed. That's also when the wind really picked up, blowing the sand out of bunkers. And the snow started...snow..in May. 

So its 38, howling winds, snowing and punched green. We played 18. I have no idea what I shot, but I had a %&^#@& blast!

Good attitude!  It's supposed to be fun... with or without the layoff.

Courses are open in South Florida, and prices dropped to Summer rates on May 1. I have been enjoying the last gasp of decent weather before the choking heat arrives.

Let's see...88 today at Oriole.  90 Monday at Southwinds.  86 last Saturday at Woodlands (East).  That's about the best three round stretch I have ever had.  Need more forced breaks or something.

Shot 97 yesterday on a new course. Saying it’s tight would be an understatement. Couldn’t hit the driver on more than a couple of holes. It’s pretty short but I don’t think more than a couple of holes had landing zones wider than 50 yards. Most of them were in the 30-40 range. Some forced carries and an island 160 yard par 3. Shot 44 out and then disintegrated on 10-14 holes. Greens were slow but extremely hard, had trouble holding the green from over 150 out, which is unusual for me (when I do hit the green 🙂 ) putting was great, only had 1 3 putt for 34 putts total. So if I count the last 9 I played the last time and the first 9 this time out I shot a round 90, but still need to combine a good 18 holes to set a decent score. I feel like that I’ll get hot one day and I’ll smash 90 but then struggle to break it again. 

77 yesterday.

Raining here this morning, so I just cancelled our 8 AM tee time. It's supposed to be in the low 80's and sunny all week, so why play in the rain?

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Carded back to back 80s last week on my home course. 

No DBs, but 4 birds. Rest were pars, and bogey 1s. I am going to assume those 3K +/-  balls I hit during the lock down  paid off. 

Quality practice makes for quality golf scores. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Shot an 88 in very windy conditions. Hit some great shots, hit some awful shots, hit some mediocre shots. Good around the greens (though I had some really funky lies that are going to make it look otherwise) and putt well, but still not playing well from 40-100 yards.

I have no idea what my counting stats are because Game Golf is down and there are no scorecards at the course for me to write them on. I'm going to guess 6/14 fairways, 4/18 GIR, 34 putts. One lost ball. We'll see how close I am once I can get the round uploaded.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Shot a miserable 97. It was a very windy day, the wind got to me mentally. Poor swings attitude and decisions on the back 9. Oh well. Until next weekend. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

74, 74 this weekend in perfect weather, receptacle greens and hit the ball pretty good. Golf is hard 😛

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Played my home course from last year, still in an internal debate if I'm going to renew, but probably will as it provides the best option to practice and play more.

Shot a 83, was happy with my driver and fairway woods, but irons are still a little off as I work on my transition issues.

Gus
---------------