IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Stress free 87 on Sunday morning. By stress free, I mean that I didn't feel like my score was going to blow up at any point in the round. I had three holes with lost ball/O.B. penalties which resulted in high scores, but aside from three poor tee shots, my swing felt in sync for the entire round, and big misses were minimal. One of my lost balls was actually a well struck ball, I was just aligned incorrectly for the shape of the hole.

My driver feel was very effective, and I may just make this feel permanent until further notice. This was the best day driving the ball I've ever had. Unfortunately, that same feel kind of migrated into my approach shots, which resulted in more thinned shots than I'd like. Still had 14 GIR/nGIR, so even with catching irons a bit thin, the ball flight was mostly on target, so overall I was satisfied.

Had an 8 foot eagle putt on a short par-4 (260 yards) after hitting the most perfect 4W of my life.The putt rolled about an inch outside and maybe a foot or two past the cup. Would have been nice to make that putt and check the eagle off my 2020 goals list, but a tap in birdie is always welcome.

Putted the entire round with a normal grip, and I felt very confident in my stroke. I did have a terrible 3-putt on the first hole, but after that I was solid. I think I'm abandoning my claw putting phase.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A stupid 74. Putting for birdies on the last 2 holes, ended up with bogeys after 3 putting both. Maybe a little too aggressive going after those birds.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Today was weird. I was rolling along just fine, +9 through ten holes. After a drive on the 355-yard par-4 eleventh that left me just a few paces from the 100-yard marker, I just shanked a GW out of play. From the eleventh onward I went quad-bogey-quad-double-double-birdie (yay!)-triple-bogey.

That gave me a pathetic 53 on the back nine, my second-worst nine of 2020 so far, on top of the 44 I shot on the front. The only really good thing to say about the back is the birdie on the sixteenth, which knocks off another hole on the birdie challenge (finally). I’ve made several birdies this year, but only three of them are on different holes.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

75 on Course #6.  Teed off at 8:AM, it was fairly calm on the front 9 but breezy on the back 9. One over on the front, 1 birdie two bogeys.  A few up and downs, 14 putts on the 1st 9.  38 on the back again several up and downs with 13 putts.  10 GIR’s and 10 fairways.  

40, 45 for 85 off blue tees today.  Used my driver 6 times today and only one cost me a penalty. One birdie. 13 putts front, 15 back and no 3 putts.  Good score for me off these tees.

Played the back 9 today from the tips. Shot a solid +3. Caught a 3 ball group on 14. Just stayed patient and watched from behind. Absolutely ridiculous. Nobody in front of them. I asked at the pro shop when I finished what time they went off...found out they took 5hrs for their 18 hole round. It was like watching a Benny Hill skit out there. But hey...good round for me.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

7 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Played the back 9 today from the tips. Shot a solid +3. Caught a 3 ball group on 14. Just stayed patient and watched from behind. Absolutely ridiculous. Nobody in front of them. I asked at the pro shop when I finished what time they went off...found out they took 5hrs for their 18 hole round. It was like watching a Benny Hill skit out there. But hey...good round for me.

Next time, wear the mask in your avatar. That will speed them up!😀

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Played 9 with 6 clubs again this morning. Wind! I don’t seem to be able to focus and putting is a real issue with heavy winds. 

Very frustrating. 

• Thumbs Up 1

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Another mediocre round today. I’ll tell it in two parts: the front and back nines. The front nine I played with my dad and brother, and we had a match for the ages. The back nine was a rollercoaster ride. Here it goes:

FRONT: The round started with all three of us going 5-5-4 (three bogeys) on the first three holes. A good start from me and my dad, and an excellent start from my brother.  All three of us hit a shot OB at some point on the fourth, and it cost us two doubles (me and my dad) and a triple (my brother).

On to the fifth, where we were all within ten yards of the green after our second shots. I got up-and-down for par, while my dad and brother made double and triple respectively. At this point, I was ahead of my dad by two strokes and ahead of my brother by four. On the sixth, my brother and I were on the green in three, but my dad was on in two. My brother was the only one to two-putt, closing the gap. My lead was cut to one over my dad and three over my brother.

The seventh hole gave us all trouble. On the 140-yard hole, none of us hit the green, and we all found ourselves in one of the two bunkers fronting the green. None of us were even on after two. At the end of the hole, my brother made five, my dad and I made sixes. On the eighth, I hit a good approach shot but three-putted for five, which was still good enough to gain a stroke, as both my dad and brother made six. On to the 440-yard par-5 ninth, and I had a two-stroke lead to work with.

I pushed my drive, but it still found the fairway, albeit 250 yards out. I was on in three, and so was my dad. My brother went on to make eight. Needing only a two-putt for the win, I left my first putt four feet short, and then missed that putt. My dad had a five-footer to tie, but he missed and I won the match, which was the best I’ve had in a while. Final scores: a 48 for me, 49 from my dad, and a 53 for my brother.

BACK: After three-putt bogeys on the eighth and ninth, I started out shaky on the back, going 7-6-6 (double-double-triple), with penalties on two of those holes. But I redeemed myself on the last six holes by going 4-6-5-5-6-3 (par-double-bogey-par-double-par). Back nine total was another 48, for a 96 total. I hit a total of nine fairways and four greens, with 37 putts. Not a great round overall, but I’m glad I played well on the difficult last six holes.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:

• Administrator

73 at Whispering Woods, which I'd upload and share more of if GAME was working.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I shot 9 over today.  Not sure what par was, because I'm not sure how many holes we played.  It was me and my son in the little course we've created in the yard.  It's pretty much the same par four over and over.  We tee off in the front yard with foam balls - he plays the "forward" tees - over the fence/through the gate to the undulating side yard "fairway", and then down to the "green" that I've created in the backyard.  I've developed a bit of a hook, and hit the house several times.

Edited by bwdial

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

95 today.  2 pars, a birdie, and a whole lot of ugly. The greens were bumpy from aeration, so I wasn’t working too hard on them anyway. Good stress free day with my friends, social distancing, masks, and the driver on fire.  

80 from the back tees yesterday. Birdied the last hole to make that 80.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

I have played twice in the past week. Both times played the front 9 well and fell apart on the back. Same course (72.1/127, 6600yds). First was 46-55-101, and then the next was 41-53-94. Both times I fell apart starting with the second shot on #12. One time I hit into the one bunker I shouldn’t have (bad decisions), and the second time I pulled my shot and smoked a tree that sent be back into lost ball territory. I feel like I’m gonna our together a good round here again soon...just need to finish. 

Not a very good front nine today. After going par-bogey, I hit the green on the third hole, and freaking four-putted for double. Rammed the first one ten feet by (just a little bit too agressive) missed the second putt, then missed the two-footer I had left. I then had back-to-back quads. On the sixth tee, the guy we were playing with noted that we had fallen a full hole behind.

I replied with, “Guess we’re just gonna have to start playing better.” It snapped me into focus more, and I went bogey-par-par on the next three holes, only to make double on the short par-5 ninth. That makes for a 50. My teammate called me and asked how I was playing, and I told him what I shot. He then said, “I’ll give you $5 if you shoot 42 or lower”, and then hung up. I felt like I could do that, and off to the back we went.

I started with a bogey on the tenth hole, including a penalty stroke where I took an unplayable after my second shot came to rest against a tree. Then I made a routine par on the eleventh (the same hole where I made quad yesterday) and then hit my 6-iron tee shot on the 12th into a creek, followed by a chip in for par and two extra balls (in pristine condition) in the creek. Some hole. I was thrilled to walk off with five on the tough thirteenth, and then I three-putted for bogey on fourteen after a beautiful 7I to twenty feet.

The fifteenth was my first really bad hole on the back. After a perfect tee shot, I shanked a 9I OB. I hit another ball into the bunker in front of the green, and was in the hole in three from there, giving me a seven. Three pars would give me the 42. I made bogey on the long sixteenth from the trees, and made another routine par on the seventeenth.

I needed a two on the par-3 eighteenth to shoot 42 and win my five bucks. My tee shot was right on the pin, but just short of the green. My money-or-no-money chip shot was right on line, but I left it three feet short. Then I missed that par putt, and tapped in for 44 on the back, 94 total. So after I made that statement on the sixth tee, I played the last thirteen holes in a very solid +11, the same as my first five holes. That makes my last three rounds a 97 on Monday, a 96 yesterday and a 94 today. Not a good week for me, but that 44 shows that my game has not fallen to pieces. Gonna post in my blog tomorrow, evaluating my game from this week.

WITB:

43/43=86, with a birdie and no doubles...

For those that can do the math, please keep it to yourselves.   I hear tennis is fun.   :doh:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Must be the weather or something. It's certainly not me.

83 yesterday and an 81 today.