IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Well, shot 104 on a course I've wanted to play all year. Absolutely beautiful setting. Very hilly with several blind shots uphill and downhill on many holes. That accounted for 7 penalty strokes for me today. Rinsed 2 and tore 5 OOB or otherwise lost where I thought a few would be at the edge of some tall heather grass. Plus some stellar 3 jacks blew the card up pretty quickly. 

Was really hoping to stay under 100  but still a great day to golf with a great friend!

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 89 in a real grind of a round. Started off well on the 1st hole with a decent drive, nGIR approach, and 1-putt par on the difficult first hole, but went downhill from there. we caught a horrendously slow foursome of 120+ golfers on the 2nd hole. Pace was about 20 minutes a hole after that, so it was difficult to get in any kind of rhythm. I was the only one of my foursome who finished the round. A twosome playing bailed after the 13th, and the single bailed at the 7th.

The other single in my group was a really good player, and actually gave me some meaningful advice on my backswing as we stood around bullshitting waiting to hit our shots. His advice led to a good feel that helped me settle down after I triple bogeyed the easy par-4 6th hole.

I had good touch with lag putts today, and in spite of rocky swing still broke 90, so not a bad day.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Today was a tale of two nines. After forgetting how to play golf on the front nine and shooting 52, I found my game on the back and shot 42 to finish with, under the circumstances, a decent 94.

No greens and no pars on the front, and four greens and four pars on the back. Nicked the cup with my birdie chip on 11, and my birdie putt on 14 stayed on the lip.

7 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Shot 89 in a real grind of a round. Started off well on the 1st hole with a decent drive, nGIR approach, and 1-putt par on the difficult first hole, but went downhill from there. we caught a horrendously slow foursome of 120+ golfers on the 2nd hole. Pace was about 20 minutes a hole after that, so it was difficult to get in any kind of rhythm. I was the only one of my foursome who finished the round. A twosome playing bailed after the 13th, and the single bailed at the 7th.

The other single in my group was a really good player, and actually gave me some meaningful advice on my backswing as we stood around bullshitting waiting to hit our shots. His advice led to a good feel that helped me settle down after I triple bogeyed the easy par-4 6th hole.

I had good touch with lag putts today, and in spite of rocky swing still broke 90, so not a bad day.

I got stuck behind a slow threesome of 100-shooters today who read their putts like they were Tour pros. They played quick on the tee and in the fairway, but they were ultra slow on the greens.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I shot a 91 this morning. 

50 on the front nine and 41 on the back nine. 

We started early (7 am ) and the greens had just been cut and everything was very wet, making it difficult to lift the ball out of the grass. 

Had dried out by the time we made the back nine. 

Also, I caught myself bending over the ball too much and it was really throwing me off. ( I don't know, just started bending over too much.)

This was my second time to play with my new set of Hybrids Irons. I started hitting them well as soon as I kept my eye on the ball and straightened up. ( Imagine that)

All in all, I had a good time and glad I beat the wind and heat by playing early. 

Retired Old Man

Callaway Rogue Driver, 12.5 loft, regular shaft, draw

Pure Spin 60* Loft Wedge, Stiff Shaft

Pure Spin "A" Wedge, Regular Flex

Irons are G-15 Pings, 5 iron - Pitching Wedge

Callaway Rogue 5 Wood, regular flex                        Callaway Rogue 3 Wood, regular flex

Callaway Cobra Hybrid #3 & #5

Mallet Style Putter 

35 minutes ago, dagolfer18 said:

They played quick on the tee and in the fairway, but they were ultra slow on the greens.

At least they were quick in one aspect of the game. I’m usually pretty chill so I don’t get bent out of shape, but slow play can be a real drag when I’m struggling in a round.

The guys I was stuck behind teed off slow, looked for their tee balls slow, hit their approaches slow, looked for their approaches slow, and putted slow. And one of them was trying to give me his lob wedge - left it behind on the green 3 times. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

51 for 9 holes.  

1) Bunker play: B+

2) Putting: B

3) Tee shots: F+

4) hybrid shots: A-

5) lob shots: B+

6) chipping: D-

7 irons: D

Low lights: I had a triple bogey on the 8th hole

High lights: I had birdie on the 9th hole.

Thank God we're now in "Phase 2" and driving ranges just opened.

Edited by DrvFrShow

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

72, 76, 68 last weekend. 72 & 74 the last couple days. Played The Wynn today, 25mph winds but it was still fun. Six par 3's, par 70. 

Good swing here, right over the flag, over the green and into the waterfall 😂 Had to go for it, Wynn will give you 15K if you make an ace.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

84- at the monthly medal which gave me a 2nd out of 31 players position off the Blue Tees(which gave me a course HC-16)

Net - 68 (67 won it)

wasn't playing all that amazing with a few offline drives and a few shocking strokes ....but I seemed to recover on every hole with a brilliant chip/pitch/iron etc or didn't score any worse than a Bogey till the 17th --PAR3 where I tripled Bogey after I pulled a shot off the tee and backed it up with some slack short game ...wasn't happy and thought I blew any chances of a decent position ....esp. when on the 18th I drove into bank blindspot to the green and sent the next 8i right of the green on another bank !!!! but yet again chipping saved me hitting the flag and stopping the ball less than a foot from the hole for a PAR...

8xPARS

9XBOGEYS

1xD-B

Go Foxy Go

• Administrator
facebook-share-round.jpg

View this round on GAME GOLF

73, which is a 0.8 differential. Was a little smoke and mirrors, as I mis-hit a few but they worked out fine, and I saved par on two or three holes that were pretty dastardly pitches or chips. Got a ball to kick out of a tree on 15…

But, I also left a few shots out there. So maybe 74 was the "average" of today's play.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Played in an Elite Am Golf Tour event on Saturday. Won the Low Gross in the Senior Flight with a 4 under 67.

5 birdies and 1 bogey. They had us playing from the senior tees at about 5600 yards so it was playing short. Next lowest score was 75. 😁

Drove it well and actually left a few out there. Missed 4 putts for birdie between 4 1/2 and 7 feet.

hole1.thumb.JPG.233c829c3b3197fd0524d4f902bbaf7f.JPG

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

75 today. 40 in the front with 4 bogeys, 35 in the back with 2 birdies, 1 bogey.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

71 again yesterday.  Need to learn to play the last four holes.  I have gotten to 15 tee at -4,-2 and -2  three of my last four rounds and only shot 71,72,71.  Great for me, but really need to work on closing. Really want to break 70 this year. 

18 minutes ago, Jrwatkins7 said:

71 again yesterday.  Need to learn to play the last four holes.  I have gotten to 15 tee at -4,-2 and -2  three of my last four rounds and only shot 71,72,71.  Great for me, but really need to work on closing. Really want to break 70 this year. 

Spot on!  Closing can be difficult for me. I’ve often left several shots out there that preVented a subpar round.

p.s.  I used to live up in Mukilteo for 21 years. Stationed at Ft Lewis twice back in the 70’s

84. Playing poorly tee-green, missed more fairways than usual today, lost a couple of balls, but had 6 one-putts which helped. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Another one of those rounds where I wonder why I bother. I dunno..maybe around 220. #1 drive down the middle ..beautiful followed by a shank into the water with a simple gap wedge to a large well manicured and soft green.

#4 par 5 beautiful drive, beautiful 3H lay up to about 110....shanked the gap wedge into the water ( another large, soft green.) #6 Par 5 same thing...drive, lay up golden...shanked the gap wedge into the water. #8 par 4 shanked my 6i approach.

Yada yada. Not one single hook, pull, slice or chunk. Nope. Shank after f****** shank. Think I’ll stop for a bit. Not enjoyable. Not nice to be outside in the swampy heat with mud flinging on every shot ( shank ). Crows were relentlessly infiltrating my cart. I had nothing so they flew off looking at me like the useless sob I was out there. I swear their hideous caws sounded like ‘Shank! Shank!’. F****** Chuck Norris.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

82 at Fox Hollow (70.8/130), 6600 yds. Links/Canyon

https://www.lakewood.org/files/assets/public/community-resources/golf/pdfs/2021-fox-hollow-scorecard.pdf

Missed 4 easy birdie putts!  All within 8 feet.  Maybe my game is finally coming back around...

Edited by Yukari

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

92 from the white tees at Sugar Hill Golf Club - 69.1/129

Hit nine fairways, hit three GIR, and more importantly I had 11 NGIRs.  My ballstriking has gotten a lot better, and now that it has, my misses have moved from short and right, to long and left.  The greens were in horrendous shape.  Some had been sanded, mostly on the front nine, but random greens on the back had been sanded as well, but others had been punched and sanded recently, were shaggy and had been verticut, so some putts bounced to a stop or jumped to the side. 

The other thing that I was really happy with, was that I shot four strokes better on the back nine, and only had a single double bogey on the back.  Also, as the day went on, I got a lot better with the driver, only missing two fairways on the back.  One of my triples was due to poor decision making.  I cut the corner with my first drive, but heard it hit a tree, so I played a provisional, which was huge, leaving me just a 58° wedge into the green, but I found my first ball even closer to the green in some mud and under trees.  Instead of punching out to the swale in front of the green, I tried the hero shot over a bunker at the flag.  I cleared the bunker, because I bladed the shot, and watched the ball disappear into the deep woods.

The 80s feel close.

Edited by bwdial

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Well, it's hard to be mad at my ugly 91 today (44 front, 47 back), even though I really am 😡. Started out with a birdie on 1, and then my driver got wild and the greens kicked my butt.  Played the Blue tee's at 6620.

Got the chance to play Robert Trent Jones in Gainesville, VA today, beautiful course, but man those greens were tough.  And not to mention after watching @mvmac practice video on how he practices to get the weight forward, I started working on that yesterday and played my home course, had a good round, other than the driver, but was making solid contact and added 10+ yards with my irons (when I executed correctly).  Probably shouldn't have incorporated the change today, but it made a huge difference with my irons and fairway woods yesterday, and worked well today except for on the tee boxes (driver).

Hopefully I will have a chance to redeem myself at RTJ in the next month or two.

But how can you be mad about a round with these views...even though I doubled both of these par 3's (trust the distance...).

image.png.cf7d33b8ca331de8b6bdc33f6cbabae5.png

image.png.36722a08ba16fc0871521a4c5e6065b5.png

Gus
---------------