IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

12 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Even though I can't play the courses I played starting out I always think, with new equipment and better golf balls, better technique and more meat on my bones, it would be interesting to bomb my tee shots to places I never reached as a kid.  But alas...

It really is fun to play the courses I played then now. For all the reasons you said. I’m so much stronger and have such a better swing now for sure. I seldom was able to even reach the 1st at the course we played today when I was young and today I was 140 something to the middle of the green hitting a 9 iron in. Last 2 times I played it I drove the green and had an eagle putt at the 12th. I was always trying when I was young but I couldn’t get inside of 50 yards back then. 17 I was hitting a 5 wood or even 3 wood some days and now I can reach that par 3 with no more than a 4 or 5 iron. 

The other course back home I can cut the corner at the 2nd hole and get on the green now. Never even considered doing some crazy stuff like that with a driver in my teens!

• Like 1

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

88, 46/42. Regular tuesday outing playing from the white tees.  Chipping and putting good, driving kept me on the course but the 3 wood was on fire! A few more GIRs and I can lower that to about 85. I need more distance off the tee to break through to lower scoring.  I noticed I had no score over 6! First time that happened.  

Actually, I lied earlier.  I hit a punch shot from the trees a little fat on the ninth hole, and I hit a toe-y eight iron on the par three sixteenth.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Nice. I can't return to my first course... a par 3 extravaganza.  It's been developed into condos.  Same with the hole in Hawaii where I had my first hole-in-one.  It's been developed into condos

Me too.  The courses I cut my teeth on in Tampa (mall) and Tuscaloosa (cross country running course) are both gone, and the par three here in the Atlanta area that I wanted to take my kids to has been closed to build houses.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

100 (69.1 / 130). I couldn't believe I was 1 shot away from an immediate goal. I had no idea until it was over. I came up inches short on 4-5 putts today. Mix in a few 3-putts, a penalty stroke (major improvement), a handful of fat shots, and that's a 100. I'm really close to getting into the 90s.

Major takeaway today was an alignment tip from a friend. Normally I play with my 12 yo, or solo, but today I took two friends out. One was able to help me understand the drama I've been having off the tee. I've been hitting straight shots about 40 yards to the right from where I was aiming. I thought it was something in my hands, but it turns out I was simply aiming that direction. Thankfully it was the simplest fix of what it could have been. I started lining up differently and hitting fairways. Lead to a 48 on the back 9. I drove with my 5w all day. With this new knowledge, I'm going to hit the range with my 1w and see if that's in a better place now.

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

• Administrator

Shot 70 from the Blue tees (72.0/142) at Whispering Woods. 34/36.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So this was actually a week ago but wanted to show my first time shooting par for 9 holes! It took a 50 yard pitch in for eagle and a quality birdie on 9 to do it but I was pretty ecstatic. I wasn't terrible on the back outside of about a 15-20 minute stretch on holes 13-14 where I forgot how to play golf for some reason and that stopped me from breaking 80 for the first time but not a bad day especially on these parking lots they're trying to pass off as greens out here lol.  

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Started slow. Missed makeable 4-8' putts three times in first six holes and, on a completely unrelated note, bogeyd the first 6 holes. I then got red hot and birdied 7,8 and 9. Second time I have ever birdied three consecutive holes. Pulled off 2 more birdies on the back for my personal best 5 birdies in a single round, never done that before. Too bad I chunked a 3w into the pond 100 yards in front of me on 11 and a 7i into the pond 40 yards off the tee on 17 or this round could have had a really special score...as it is, I shot an 84, just 5 off my PB and with the birdie barrage...I was pretty ecstatic.

Just another ugly 82 today. Nothing wants to come together. Thinking about taking a break. 127 posted rounds this years so far. Maybe I'm playing too much golf.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

20 minutes ago, Rkrider99 said:

Just another ugly 82 today. Nothing wants to come together. Thinking about taking a break. 127 posted rounds this years so far. Maybe I'm playing too much golf.

Well....coincidentally today was my 127th round! And Im playing a match tomorrow for #128 so I expect you to keep pace!  🏌🏻‍♂️😜🍺🍺👍

I shot a 41 in league play tonight which is my career best at this course. And I was getting 5 strokes in this match. I've only broken 40 once and that was a long time ago at a now defunct, much, much easier course. 5 pars, 3 bogies, 1 double. No 3 putts. Really only 1 awful shot which was a pulled drive into the deep stuff on a par 3 that led to the double bogey. I will admit to getting lucky on a sliced drive on a par 5 that bounced off a tree back into the fairway which led to a par.

It was also fun to play with a 74 year old who shot a 35 from the senior tees.  He could have putted blind folded tonight and it would go in.  Not a single practice swing on any stoke either.

War Eagle!

94 in the rain. I tweaked my left ankle on the 2nd hole. It made making my weight shift challenging. The fact I hacked out better than 100 in the rain was a miracle.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

18 hours ago, Sandy Lie said:

Well....coincidentally today was my 127th round! And Im playing a match tomorrow for #128 so I expect you to keep pace!  🏌🏻‍♂️😜🍺🍺👍

Looks like it won't happen today. Thunderstorms in the area, predicted to last for the next several hours. It's pouring rain right now, and the 8 AM tee time looks in jeopardy. Too many nice sunny days here in Florida to mess with playing in the rain.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Shot 85 today for the first time in the 80's! Played Wyandot Golf Course, which is short, 68.40/111/5610, but feels great to reach one of my 2020 goals of breaking into the 80's by the end of the season this early. Stoked at the level of play lately and where my game is trending.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

Our church group had its monthly 9-hole "superball" outing yesterday.  I was teamed up with a couple guys older than me (one is a typical bogey golfer" and my 31 yr old son.  It was one of those days of good fun and truly honest play.  We ended up 1 over at 37, but what made it a worthwhile round was the fact that all the shots we played were "makeable" in my personal game.  We used good course management and in the end everyone contributed to the round score.  I was thinking to myself, "so this is what par golf feels like".  For me the driver and approaches w/irons & hybrids were my strong suit as the putter was close but not good.  Wedge play did not come into too often.  Still it was a fun round that was as one guy said "good practice".   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

89 yesterday (43-46). My dad joined me for the front, and we played each other just like we normally do. I opened up a 4-stroke lead through four, but he clawed back and cut it to two with three to play, I went double-bogey, and he went bogey-par. We halved the seventh with pars, then I made bogey to his double on the eighth, meaning I’d go to the ninth with a three-stroke lead. That proved to be more than enough. I made par, he made birdie.

I realized walking to the tenth tee that I parred both par-3s and par-5s, so all seven of my strokes over par came on the par-4s (three bogeys, two doubles. I was pleased because the par-5 fourth, while a short hole at only 478 yards from the white tees, has become a nemesis hole of sorts. It’s the first two shots that get me. The tee shot needs to be left to give you a good angle (odds against me because of my fade), then the second shot needs to be long straight to avoid OB on the left, trees on the right and a bunker at the 100-yard marker. 

Anyway, on to the back nine. I started out the back with five consecutive bogeys, including the tough par-4 13th. I made back-to-back doubles on the 15th and 16th, both of them three-putts. Yuck. On the 17th tee, I realized I needed to go +1 on the last two holes to keep the score below 90. After a solid drive, I yanked my second into a bunker and was down in three from there for a bogey five. On to the par-3 18th, and I needed a par, no easy task on that hole. But my tee shot flew straight and true and settled on the green about 12ft past the hole, and I two-putted for a satisfying par.

The heat got to me a little bit on the back nine, and I started feeling it on the 14th hole. I’m glad that I managed to hang on and shoot 89 in the heat. That’s now four out of my last five rounds in the 80s. I believe that I’ve advanced to the next level. I mentioned in my 2020 Goals that I wanted to break 85 once. Just once. I’ve matched that score twice now, and I’ve come within two strokes three times. It’s coming.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Came back with a 77 today. No birdies, 5 bogeys, 13 pars. The best part, NO double bogeys.

I did look at my handicap index today, and there was a little exclamation mark next to it. Clicking on it, up popped a notification that I've hit the 3 stroke soft cap, and that will suppress any upward movement by 50%. Very interesting.

Edited by Rkrider99
additional info
  • Thumbs Up 1

New course, played really well for me. 

41-40: 81 at a course I've never played. Short though, played safe and didn't hit driver once. 2 iron or 5 iron off every Par 4/5.

2nd best round ever after breaking my record 2 rounds ago. Hoping to keep the momentum going...

• Like 1
Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)