IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot a 42 in league play tonight. 3 pars, 5 bogies,1 double.  4 GIRs, 1 3-putt and no decent putts made. 1 wet ball and 1 punch out. Only 1 really good driver out of 4 attempts (this side is par 35 with 3 par 3s and 2 other holes with doglegs that I need to layup on). Hit my 4H well on a couple tee shots and 3 second shots after not so good drives. No duffs or shanks that I recall. 

I had to give my opponent 8 strokes and beat him by 10, but I think we halved the points.

Back to back best scores for each side of this course in league play for a combined 83, which would easily be a career best if played together. Still haven't played 18 yet this year, but I plan to on Tuesday at a new course if the weather holds.

War Eagle!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Crazy round. 45-38-83

I couldn't get out of my own way on the front but then hit a lucky shot on #10 that should never have got on the green but got a good bounce. After that, I got in a groove. I doubled the last hole or I would have shot par on the back. Short sided myself in a bunker and tried to get cute. I never learn.

Bill M

I feel the game coming back with a 77 (38-39) today. 1 birdie, 11 pars, 6 bogeys.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Shot an even 90 today. Started playing from the blues on the front and fired a 46, and a single jumped in on the back 9 and he was playing the tips so my buddy and I moved back and played those, shot a 44. Driver really hindered me all day, but the irons saved my round slightly. Still cant get all three aspects working at the same time, but I'm happy with today. 

Edited by DuckDuckFoose
  • Like 1

I had a run of several weeks of great golf. Today I came back down to earth. Opened with a double at 1. Then bogeyed 2. Both holes missed short putts that started the day off bad. Made pars at 3-6 but a 3 jacked green at 7 for bogey hurt. Bird at 8 but then a missed up and down at 9. Back went to shit! 3 jack for bogey at 10 and 11 and was just erratic the whole side. Ended up at 81. 1st round I failed to break 80 in over a month. I guess if it was easy it wouldn’t be so fun.

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

87 at Mill Creek from the whites (68.6/119/6005). Overall I am pleased with the round and I achieved no 7's on the card! Ended with 1 birdie, 5 pars, 8 bogeys and 4 doubles. I thinned the ball twice today where it went about 7 freaking yards. I was so pissed at myself and that was back to back holes on the front, accounting for 2 of the double bogeys. 

Playing tomorrow with my brother in law.

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

83 at Southwinds, my home course earlier this week.  That is a great score for me.  The approach shots were working and the putts were dropping. Two birdies helped.

Played at Koepka's old stomping ground, Okeeheelee in Palm Beach county (gold: 71.6, 132, 6300). It's hilly, has lots of water in strategic places, winding doglegs, difficult greens, and high winds.. On all previous occasions, I could not enjoy myself because it was too difficult for me.  So after maybe four previous outings, all over 100, I swore off Okeeheelee about a year ago.  Well, 92 today, which is not all that good.  I lost a few strokes to errant drives, but I only found water on the 1st hole. The greens were crappy and the putts were definitely not dropping.  But it sure feels like a victory for me to actually be able to play the course instead of the other way around.

Of the four courses I have mentioned on this thread that are too hard for me, I now have two left:

TPC Eagle Trace and Colony West.

Shot an 82 at a new course. Would normally be good enough to win, but my buddy shot out of his mind with a 79.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Unfortunately had a couple of loose swings hurt me including hitting a drive OB. Still stayed under par, but it could have been a really good score. Had a couple really weird left misses I normally don't make. I chalked it up to being a little fatigued. Walked this 18 in a brisk 3 hours and 25 minutes in 95° heat, I can't imagine why I got a bit tired.

1331063313_ScreenShot2020-07-18at10_14_19AM.thumb.png.7213d3acefa00ca3ecdae88769954d25.png

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Another 77 today. 2 birdies, 10 pars, 5 bogeys, and 1 double.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Shot an 88 (44-44) at Pittsburgh National.

My one blow up hole happened after my buddies decided to let this two-some play through. I’m normally all for this, but the guys weren’t very good and they weren’t all that close to finishing up the par 3 we had just finished, so it was a solid 15 minute stretch that I didn’t hit a single golf ball. Of course I proceeded to hit my only errant drive of the day and ended up having to play a provisional.

Probably my best putting round of the year though.

Fairways: 6/9 

GIR: an abysmal 3/9

putts: 17

couldnt hit a green to save my life, flubbed a couple of green side chips 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Shot 88 in R1 of a tournament today (+5 net).

This was probably the best ball striking round I’ve ever played - 15 nGIR/GIR.

One shanked tee ball that came out of nowhere (OB) was the only penalty strokes of the round. Left myself in decent position on every other tee shot. Worst drive was a pull draw 3W off the first tee that got knocked down by a tree and only landed 200 yards out (which was good because that tree probably kept my ball from going too far left and rolling onto a road which is OB). Only hit driver 6 times, mostly teed off with 3-hybrid as the course is short enough that I can still have a short iron/wedge into the green teeing off with hybrid. Hit a lot of partial wedges into greens today from 50-100 yards.

Every short game shot I had made it to the green. Most inside 15 feet which is solid 2-putt territory for me most of the time.

Game broke down on the greens. I had 40 putts today, including two 4-putts, and four 3-putts. I average about 32 putts per round, so this was disappointing. I’ll take above average ball striking over below average putting any day though.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Actually, for the first time in a long time, I have no idea what I shot today. Decided on a new routine for Sunday golf, which I play with my wife. I never score very well when we're playing together, and today I said enough. So on Sunday's I'm just going to practice. I very seldom get a chance to practice on the actual course, usually, lot's of driving range and putting green time, but it's pretty much been, when on the course, it's for a game. Today was the first time I tried this, and I decided to work on  my mid to short irons. Played from the ladies tees with her, and just hit 7 thru wedges, plus putted. No one was behind us, so if I wasn't happy with the shot, I just dropped another ball and took another swipe at it. The other 5 days that I play, I can get serious.

Shot an 82 yesterday, and my driver was horrible for 11 of the 14 driver holes. Short game was pretty good, and putter was better because I practiced on the carpet before the round as our local course still has the practice greens closed. Also was putting 9 iron less than 10 feet from the hole a few times, and had two birdies. Highlight of the day was a 20-25 foot uphill putt for par, center cup.

Two eagles and no birdies yesterday, shot 72.

Six birdies today, birdied first four holes, shot 68. Hit a lot of good putts on the back nine and nothing went in, let up a bit focus wise if I'm being honest.

Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 3.07.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 3.10.42 PM.pngIMG_4116.jpg

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Scored 85 in round 2 of a tournament today, ended up in 6th place (edit, ended up 10th, two groups behind me hadn’t finished) in the net flight.

Ball striking was good again today - 14 nGIR/GIR. Had 2 penalty strokes. One drive got away from me and was OB. The second was on a blind tee shot and the drive looked perfect, down the right side drawing back to the center, but it carried over the spotters on the hole and they never saw where it landed. Played a provisional and hit almost an identical shot but only found the provisional. Ended up with a bogey so the lost ball was a fly in the ointment... rub of the green I guess.

Had a couple chili-dipped chips off weird lies that cost me a few strokes. Also had a couple horrendous 3 putts inside 20 feet.

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Decided to go out and play nine holes yesterday after not hitting a golf ball for five days. It showed, too. I was +9 through six holes, but I found my game again starting at the par-3 seventh and parred that hole, then a good drive and okay approach left me just short of the green on the 8th. I chipped to about eight feet, and left the first putt about 18 inches short.

That’s when possibly my most embarrassing moment ever happened. With a group behind us watching from the fairway, I missed the 18-inch putt, and had to tap in for double. Not ideal at all, though I redeemed myself on the last hole.

I hit two okay shots on the very short par-5 that left me about 80 yards out. I hit a solid wedge to about 12ft, then rolled in the birdie putt. Another repeat in the challenge, but I was happy nonetheless. Final score was a 46. Not my best, but the final three holes kept my score down. I could’ve easily shot 50 today, which would’ve been disappointing after shooting three 40s and a 43 in my past two rounds. 

I’ve gotta get back to the grind. I’ve got a tournament two weeks from tomorrow at Pinehurst No. 7.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot