IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

13 hours ago, dagolfer18 said:

I hate when a round is a tale of two nines. A few months ago, I shot 42 on the front, only to shoot 54 on the back. Crazy game.

Funny thing, yesterday's round was almost a repeat of Thursday's round. 41 on the front, followed by a 34 on the back. Another 75. Now if I could only put that 33 and 34 together...

Edited by Rkrider99
spelling

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

78 (diff 6.8)...first sub-80 round in a while. Felt good. 

FW: 8/14, GIR: 7/18, Putts: 32

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

A more consistent round today with a 76 (37-39). 15 pars, 2 bogeys, 1 double. Until that double, I thought I was going after a par round.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Shot an 86 (45-41) at Moon Golf Club.

Driving was excellent. Only real blow up hole was on number 1 where I took a triple bogey on a pretty easy par 4. I didn’t really consider it until now, but I’m really happy with how easily and quickly I forgot that hole. I made a really stupid decision to hit 3w off of the tee and topped the shit out of it. I played the 3w off of the tee so well last week that I had confidence it was the right play, when the reality is that the driver is just a more forgiving club for a mid handicapper. Then I made an even bigger blunder later in the hole when I was an idiot and didn’t consider that I could’ve taken relief from one of those power lines that goes into the ground at a close to 45 degree angle and is covered with a plastic tube. Needless to say, my pitch hit right into it (this after blading one across the green which is why I was in that situation).

Regardless, I’m more happy about how I bounced back from a start like that than I am angry at such a botched hole.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

I first started playing golf last year, with quite a big gap over winter and lockdown. I try to get a couple of rounds in a week now to improve, even if one of those is at the local 9 hole course.

This weekend I've reached a milestone. 

Yesterday I shot 49 on the 9 hole, putting me at +13

Today I broke the 100 club for the first time, shooting exactly 100 , putting me at +28. For comparison. My last 3 rounds at this course have been 104, 105 and now 100.

The biggest factor has been me working on my driving. I've learned to close my club face more to what visually looks like I would be smashing the ball into the ground, but it combines with my swing to give me mostly straight drives.

Overall I'm very pleased with the progress this week. Let's hope it isn't a one or two off.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Today was a grind. Heat index was over 100. My dad and I played each other over 18 holes. The first four holes were promising. I started with three pars and a bogey, and led my dad by three. But I hit a 30-yard pitch into a bunker on the fifth, costing me three strokes to par. I finished the front with a 47, six strokes behind my dad. I knew that if I found my game on the back, I stood a chance at beating him.

We played each other dead even through 13, then I cut a good chunk out of his lead when I hit two fairways, two greens and two 2-putts on the next two holes for two pars. My dad went bogey-triple on those two holes, meaning I had just shot myself back into contention, only two back (a lot of twos there!) with three left. Turns out that was the closest it would get. I made a triple on 16 that shot me out of it, then bogeyed the last two holes. Final scores:

ME: 47-48—95

DAD: 41-49—90

So, not the best day for either of us, especially since I’ve been shooting mid-high 80s lately, and my dad normally shoots low-mid 80s.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Shot a 93. 

Quite stable round. A bit unlucky on the putting surface and a disaster hole. Finally become secure with the driver all work playing off. Just have to get used aiming down the middle again. Got an oob hitting where I aimed so couldnt complain much about that. 

Ironplay has been neglected for a while but feels like I am ready for 80 rounds soon 🙂

Sylvan Glen MI, local muni near my hotel. Decided to play the tips today since I’ve been pounding the driver lately. Well today the driver was the only club in the bag I couldn’t hit. Course is 6800 roughly from the tips. Spent all day hitting 4-6 iron at par 4’s because I just couldn’t flush up a driver. Weak slices all day struggling with the weight shift. 43 on the front. Played the back a bit better with a 37 on that side. Last hole I sprayed a driver right and hit a 3 wood into the back of the green from 250 to give myself a look at eagle so at least I finished with a good shot.  3 fairways. 8 greens. 35 putts. Nothing really spectacular but good practice with the long irons I guess. Grinding all day and nearly broke 80. 

Edited by Dunit507
Addition

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Shot 89 today with 11 others from high school. Had a great time playing with old friends. 

• Like 1

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

Played friday and won the open for the day, 37 stablefored points. Didnt actually play very well, scratched 3 holes and 4 putted a par 3 early on. I had 9 pars though soit was enough to win. I got cut a shot though so I'm off 14.7 now

• Thumbs Up 1

Shot an 81 yesterday with 6 pars and 2 birdies. I have been hovering in the low 80s all season. Cannot seem to shave off the few strokes that I am giving away every round. I am playing with my new SIM driver and it is giving me an extra 20+ yards off the tee and because of that, I am having to hit different clubs for most of my 2nd shots. I think that is throwing me off. 

Yesterday I played Abacoa Golf Club and was 3 over going into 17. Tried to get cute in the wind and hit a low rope and cold topped the ball 30 feet into the junk. Three off the tee and finished 6 over for a 78 on a high rated track. Three birdies and 2 penalties, one 3 whack, and 9 one putt greens. Great round except for one tee shot that cost me dearly. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

74, 72. Positive takeaway is that had a good chance to shoot under par both rounds hitting it kinda clunky.

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4425.jpg

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Heather Highlands MI. +2 for 4 holes and left. Course is virtually a cow pasture. Web page advertised “private club fast greens!” The truth is the greens haven’t been cut in weeks. An embarrassment to golf is what I would call that steamy pile. I have had cases of shanks and quit for a day but can’t remember ever walking off of a course due to the conditions being so awful before. 

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Played rounds Friday and Saturday and it was by far the best ball striking of my life just didn't make many putts, although it was my first two rounds with the new putter so at least I have something to blame besides myself :whistle:

Went 75-73, hitting 15 GIR Friday and 16 GIR Saturday for a total of 31/36 GIR over two rounds. No lost balls or penalty strokes, driver and 3 wood were both very solid off the tee.

Strokes gained compared to scratch on Friday

Driving  +1.00

Approach +1.16

Short Game -0.16

Putting -0.01

These greens were super undulated and they had inconsistent speeds between the greens, some were really soft and slow, others were firmer and faster and I didnt have many close (<15 feet) birdie looks.

Strokes gained compared to scratch on Saturday

Driving +0.44

Approach +2.22

Short game -0.18

Putting -1.53

If I had an average putting day on Saturday I would have broken par, I gave myself multiple looks for birdie inside 15 feet only making 1 (which was a 2.5 footer after a great wedge) and had two 3 putts on the front 9, one of which was when I was on the fringe in 2 on a par 5 so that hurt. The biggest issue was the reads, I'm confident with aiming the new putter and the ball was starting where I aimed, but I just wasnt getting the reads right. Time for me to sign up for an aimpoint class.

Happy with the two rounds overall though, it was the first time golf felt "automatic" to me, I wasn't thinking about anything, just hit the tee shot, got the yardage and grabbed the right iron and hit it solid. 

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Prob my last round on the Michigan road trip unless I get out of the office earlier than planned one day this week. Played Pine Trace which is a little brother to the beauty I played on Friday. Not an overly long course. Only 6600 from championship tees. It’s tight in a lot of areas tho. Hit more irons and 3 woods off the tee today than normal. Hit 8 fairways, partially due to the driver staying in the bag some. Hit only 6 greens tho. Missed 2x from inside 100 yards which is infuriating! Didn’t 3 jack any greens tho. Only 13 putts on the front. Total 31. Shot 38/41.  Couldn’t get a putt to drop on the back. The course got one last kick in the balls on me when I hit a 5 iron from 190ish to inside 7 ft and lipped out the bird. I should have had 3 birds on the back. Actually had zero on back. Still nice course. Quick round in under 3 hours. Fun day. Could have scored better.

Edited by Dunit507
Spelling

After my piece-of-crap 95 the other day, I shot a 94 today, although it’s not as bad as the score says. My ESC score, the one you post into GHIN, was 89. Had everything from a birdie to a quint, with twelve of the 22 strokes above par coming on three holes. 

I played with my coach and a few of his friends, and I was a bit nervous. It showed coming out of the gate. I hit one OB on each of the first two holes, making a double and a quad. I found my game, going just two over on the last seven holes on the side (one birdie, three bogeys, three pars) to shoot 44. My coach took off, leaving just me and his two buddies.

Hole ten was the second of the three bad holes I noted above. After a lost ball on the first shot, I was only able to get into the greenside bunker in six, then I hit it over the green, missed the chip coming back, and two putted for a 10, the quint. Played the last eight in +9, including a triple bogey 8 on the 16th hole. Final damage is 44-50. My first nine hole score in the 50s in about a month and a half. The ten and eight really hurt, and without them I probably would’ve shot another 44 at worst. So not really that bad a round except for three holes.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Pine Hills Golf Club - Winder, GA - 6,423 Yards - 69.5 - 116

Shot a 93, which is two strokes above the last two times I played here, and four and six strokes above my last two times I played other courses.  Normally, I'd be disappointed, but I was walking - for the first time with my new push cart - and it was hot as hell.  It was in the mid-nineties and very humid, and it really sapped me.  I also was wearing a new pair of shoes, and they pretty much chewed holes in my heels from the jump.  I know... I'm an idiot.  I had worn them a few times while hitting balls into my net in the backyard, but obviously they were not broken in.

I did have a birdie in the round, and I also managed to avoid triple bogeys, but I had several doubles due to putting.  I had three three-putts, and several other situations where I was putting from just off the green, and then wound up two putting.  A lot of that was due to the slowness of the greens though, so I don't really feel that bad.  On some of these long putts, I almost had my putter's shaft parallel to the ground in my back swing, and still came up several feet short.  Seriously... it was like putting on shag carpet. 

I go back to work in the classroom Wednesday, so my golfing is going to be curtailed, but I plan on trying to squeeze in rounds after I finish in the afternoons.  Handicap is currently 21.1.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White