IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

On 11/8/2020 at 4:08 PM, Dunit507 said:

CAREER BEST! Played my home course. Birdie at 1 to get the day rolling and never looked back. 3 birds on the front to one bogey to play the front -2. Had 2 birdies and 2 bogeys on back for an even back and a 2 under 68 for the day. 30 putts. 15/18 GIR. Somehow managed to hang a great score while not having the best day driving. Only managed to hit 2 fairways all day. I’ll take the score and be happy for my first round under 70 and first under par!

Congrats. I played down to a 5.4 index last year and then moved and played less golf this year screwing up my index. I chased a couple of sub par rounds last year, but never delivered. What is the course rating and slope where you broke 70?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Had an absolutely horrid round. Parred the first three holes, then the wheels came off. Couldn't hit the ball at all. No clue what went wrong, but its unusual for me to have a bad day with all the clubs at once. Off to the range.

8 hours ago, Carl3 said:

Congrats. I played down to a 5.4 index last year and then moved and played less golf this year screwing up my index. I chased a couple of sub par rounds last year, but never delivered. What is the course rating and slope where you broke 70?

My first year as a member at this course. 

• Like 1

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Helped contribute to our team shooting a -10 62 in a 4 person scramble yesterday beating the other group we were playing against by 5 shots. For the first 6 holes there was only 3 of us but we still played those in -4. I average around 270 off the tee and I was the 3rd longest in our group, we had 2 guys that could absolutely crush the ball, so I would typically go before them and get something out in play around that 260-280 range and then they could both go after it which worked well because most of the time at least one of them hit something in the fairway or light rough. 

I played well in all areas of the game, we used a ton of my approach shots and I also had the shot of the day for our team, we had about 30 yds left from the right rough just short of the green for our 3rd shot on a par 5, had to carry over a bunker then about 40 feet of green to work with, I went first and popped my 58 degree up over the bunker, landed about halfway between the front of the green and the hole, and the ball released out and rolled dead straight at the hole for about 20 feet before dropping into the hole for the eagle which put us up by 5 strokes with 3 holes to go effectively sealing the match.

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Shot 87 today, 13 GIR/nGIR, 30 putts, 1 penalty stroke.

First real rain of the season earlier in the week changed the course from bone dry to soggy (terrible drainage all around the course).

Had a rough front 9 and finished with 45, better on the back with a 42, including a frustrating double on the 10th.

Overall a pretty satisfying score while trying to implement some impactful changes from my last lesson.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

My game has been solid lately. I shot 42 last week, a 92 at the Crossings (a tight driving course, more penal than my home course), and now a nice 40 today in windy conditions (10 mph, gusts at probably 20-25 mph). I actually had to back off a few shots because the wind picked up as I was standing over the ball. 

Four bogeys and five pars. I was three over through three holes, but then I parred the tricky fourth, bogeyed the fifth, then parred in. I had to earn those pars.

No. 6: Missed the green wide left from 80 yards (disappointing because that distance is usually my bread and butter), leaving myself with a difficult downhill chip shot, which I cozied to within a foot for a tap-in.

No. 7: My tee shot was on the green, but about 45 feet out and the putt was tough to read. Two-putted that one after a really nice lag to within two feet.

No. 8: Skied my approach from fluffy rough and came up well short, but I hit a solid chip to about five feet (would’ve been closer if it wasn’t for some leaves), then made that for par.

No. 9: On the green in three, but left my birdie putt about two feet short, a distance I’ve been missing from lately. But I rolled that one in for par.

Putting, which has been failing me recently, was on today. Three single putts, the rest two putts, and a couple of the two-putts were from long range as a result of good lag putts. But the best part about today, I think, is that I didn’t really throw any strokes away. The bogeys I made were good bogeys, as in I didn’t three-putt or miss a short one for par after a good chip. Probably the most satisfying nine holes I’ve ever played.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

75 Saturday, 15 pars, 3 bogeys.

79 on Sunday.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

In SW Florida for a bit visiting the in laws and hanging at my mom's condo. Played my first regulation length course since my OHS at Port Charlotte Golf Club on Monday. I played a mix of red and green tees for about 5100-5200 yards and shot a 91. Still just using 1/4 to 1/2 length swings. I played solo here but was invited to join 2 other veterans at the turn. A great round with some fun military ribbing and camaraderie.

Yesterday I played Kings Gate, also in Port Charlotte, with two retired work buddies who reside down here. It is an executive length course, par 60. I ended up shooting 74 here which I was very pleased with as it is very tight with a lot of water. Took 2 penalty strokes after rinsing 2 shots that I blocked. Managed to say "hello" to about a 7 foot gator on the final hole. Another awesome day of golf and catching up with a couple buddies. 

Next scheduled tee time is Friday at mom's complex, Seven Lakes in Fort Myers. They are finally reopening the course after a 4 million dollar renovation. Excited to play it for my first time! May try to get another round in before then.

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

shot 42 today on a par 34 layout. One lost ball. Course was pretty short, but the conditions were horrible also so I got some pretty crappy lies. 

Off the tee: B-

Approach Play: B+

Short Game: D

Putting: B+

Played in some heavy wind today. The course has links in its name and although not a true links course it most certainly is vulnerable to windy conditions. Wind was strong enough I hit a 9 iron to a back pin on the par 3 5th. Typically it’s a 7 iron for me to a back pin. Not the most wind I saw there this year as I flew that same green with a wedge one day. When playing into the wind I hit several low punch shots. Becoming very good at the old stinger from the amount of golf I play here.

Shot 78. Didn’t play awful. Wasn’t great tho. I missed the first 4 greens and failed to get up and down. 8 is a drivable par 4 except on days like today where I hit a stinger 4 iron off the tee and still had a 144 yard 2nd. Played a punch 8, which I flushed and expected to be back to the hole, yet it only hit the front of green. Made the putt. Longest I’ve made all year and it went up a ridge and back down to the hole on other side. I gave it a fist pump! Felt like I should have made 3-4 birdies today. I did hit a couple really good iron shots and didn’t have a lot to show for them. One last hi light was the 16th. Playing with the wind I tried to murder a drive. Instead I topped it and dribbled it down toward the fairway. I would normally have a sand wedge to the green. Today with wind it should have been probably 40 yards but instead I had over 210 to the pin. I hit a 4 iron to 10 feet. One of best 4 irons I’ve hit all season. Putt hung on the lip tho but i did make the only par in the group which was enjoyable since someone said something to me poking me for the awful drive. 

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Well, my brother and I played four holes on my backyard course. I probably shot eight or nine over, which is well above what I expected on this particular stretch. But I did have a proud moment.

Our third hole is a par-5 that’s kind of a double dogleg: left around the waste area, then right again around the house. I had an old five iron in my hands (we use foam balls on this course), and aimed left, anticipating getting to the second corner of the dogleg. I struck it pure, but pushed it a bit, and I watched as it sailed directly over the roof and the house in the direction of the green. Unfortunately, it took a horrendous bounce and finished well down our driveway. Oh well.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Just finished a 2 day ringer tournament. First day, I shot a 74 with 1 birdie, 14 pars, and 3 bogeys. Second day, shot a 79. Since I needed to better the bogeys, and shoot for the pins on all the rest of the holes, some holes got away from me. I did birdie one of my bogey holes, made par on another, and a stupid 2 foot putt that I missed for a 3 putt bogey that I needed to better. Ended up with a gross 71, net 67. I think the winner will be around a net 64.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Shot an 84 on a 6570 yd track. I already threw away the card, don't know the slope.  Driver wasn't working (spinal arthritis was working OT), but I holed out 5 times from just off the green out to 50 yards. If it wasn't for the wedges being on fire it could have been brutal.

• Upvote 1

Yesterday, Saturday, shot a 74 (37-37) in a nice consistent round. Today, I just finished with a 76 (37-39). Took a double on one hole, which screwed me up.

Scored 89 today, 11 nGIR/GIR, 33 putts, and 2 penalty strokes.

I think I had too many technical thoughts about tempo and backswing changes I am implementing from my last lesson.

I was poor off the tee. For some reason I feel more psychological burden on tee shots compared to approach shots, and I tend to swing a little more freely on approach shots. Approach play was decent today and scrambling was pretty good too.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I enjoy posting these and going back through the thread and reading my old thoughts on my round. Also happy I was able to play today even though the temperature was around 42 degrees. The theme of my round was greens. More specifically missed greens. Front wasn’t awful. Hit 5 greens. Hit a SW to tap in range at 9 for a birdie and played the front at +3. I did miss at the 3rd with a gap wedge. Missed at 6 with a 9 iron. Back 9 was a mess. I hit one green. My really bad misses were at 10 with a gap wedge, 12 with a U wedge, 14 and 16 both with SW in hand and to compete the side I dunked a 9 iron in the drink at 18. All I had to do was par the 18th to stay under 80. And I made double for 81. Actually drove the ball well. Funny I shot 2 under a few weeks ago while hitting 3 fairways all day. Today I hit 7 fairways and couldn’t break 80. Hope this isn’t my last round for the year. Like to end on a better day.

Edited by Dunit507
Grammar

97, 48/49 regular tuesday golf outing.  Chipping killed me today.  Was going along nicely then BOOM an 8 on the 18th hole. My drives were better.  I put a new driver in the bag a few weeks ago and it gets out there pretty good.  These scores should come down next year.