• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2020 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods all die in a plane crash and arrive at the Gate of Heaven. God is at the Gate, sitting on his high throne, and says "Wait a minute you guys - before I let you in here, I have to ask you a question - Arnold Palmer, what do you believe in?" Arnie steps up and says "God, I believe in hitting a hard draw and I believe in signing autographs for all the boys and girls" God says "Arnold Palmer, those are good things to believe in - you can take this seat down here to my right" God says "Jack Nicklaus - what do you believe in?" Jack steps up and says "God, I believe in hitting a high fade, and I believe in paying my caddy a good wage" God says "Jack Nicklaus - those are good things to believe in. You can take this seat down here to my left" God says - "OK Tiger Woods! - What do you believe in?" Tiger looks up at him and says...... "I believe you're in my seat" 😮
    • 😉 It’s a shotgun blast in LSW is what I’m saying.
    • Regarding sandbagging, the solution the organizers came up with at Myrtle Beach was to issue judgments based on statistical data.  Sandbag = DQ from prize eligibility.  You can finish the tournament, but you're not eligible to receive as much as a ham sandwich at the end, much less compete in the Championship round.  A BUNCH of DQ's are handed out every summer. I would imagine that there have been one or two legit "once in a lifetime rounds," but, with thousands of people there, they were not taking any chances.   I just dug this link up...  http://www.popeofslope.com/sandbagging/2010-12-busted.html  
    • We have a hard enough time with sandbaggers on my home courses few open events it has each year. I think this would seem like nirvana to them .
    • Thank you for this response.  What I had in mind would essentially be tournaments that are scored based on net scoring. For example, a double digit handicap golfer was declared "World Champ" at last years' Myrtle Beach WorldAM. That's why I went.  I had a "realistic chance" of becoming world champ as a double digit handicap.  That's what draws thousands upon thousands of people there every year.  However, there were flights with golfers with handicaps as low as scratch.  Certain flights were gross scoring, other flights were net scoring.   The gentleman who won in 2018, "beat better golfers."   To that end, the target market would be the overwhelming majority of golfers who post gross scores in the range of 85-95.  These guys are already throwing $20 into skins games on Saturdays, why not throw the same $20 into a prize pool where X% are paid out?  
  • Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Dragondrake
      Dragondrake
      (60 years old)
    2. Gripit
      Gripit
      (66 years old)
    3. Mistabigevil
      Mistabigevil
      (39 years old)
    4. misty_mountainhop
      misty_mountainhop
      (54 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...