IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

Today my bro and I traveled a bit and played a course I played in a tourney this summer: Wildwood Green GC. Last time I played, we played the blues (just under 6500, par 70) and I shot 91. My goal for today was to match or beat that score, but from the whites (6050).

We played the back nine first, and I shot 51-47, my bro 67-62. My short game kinda sucked today. I hit a number of poor chips/pitches, and I also had several three putts and a four putt. If my short game had been on I would’ve been close to 91, maybe below. On the bright side, I hit the ball pretty well. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had the game of my life this morning. Shot my age - 68. Par   4   4   4   3   5   4   5   3   4   36     4   3   5   3   4   4   5   4   4    36   72 Me    4   4   3   2   5   3   6   2   4 

41-39-80 at Stoneleigh Golf & CC other than a topped first drive and a couple of 3 putts played pretty well in a windy day with @GolfLug @billchao @Hardspoon And the Aimpoint class with

CAREER BEST! Played my home course. Birdie at 1 to get the day rolling and never looked back. 3 birds on the front to one bogey to play the front -2. Had 2 birdies and 2 bogeys on back for an even bac

Posted Images

Played Disney Palms yesterday with @kpaulhusand my Dad.  Had a rough start, bogey, double, bogey, double, but played better after, had a chance for even par on back 9 before a double on 18 to shoot 44-38-82.

Great day with Kyle, as always.  

• Like 1

Well after figuring my game has gone to hell, 84-87-96-85 (can't remember the last time I shot a 96), today I just said don't worry about distance, just hit it down the middle. I was the shortest all day, but shot a 75 with 4 birdies. One double, 5 bogeys, and the 4 birdies.

Got opportunity to play yesterday at my next favorite local course, as my "regular" course was closed due to frozen greens.  We have had a lot of rain of late, they have worked hard to get the course back in shape so I didn't blame them.  On to the other course.  Had a just after noon tee time and figured it may be busy, but wasn't.  As the course is pretty much in a retiree community, I am thinking the older golfers don't care for the cold and it was cart path only.  Which could make for some long strolls if you sliced or hooked in the wrong direction.  That's a lot to say I shot a personal best of 93 at the course (46 / 47).  I went back to the what the Garmin S20 recorded and while there were on 3 GiR's, I had a 5 nGiR's - another personal best.  After my tee shots on the longer 4's and 2nd on the 5's, focused on the distance from center of the green to where I was to figure what shot would would get me about 80-100 yards out (given that I was too far out to make it in one).  It was good knowing I could have a decent shot with the GW-PW to get me on the green to putt for par.  The shorter 4's I found myself if not on the green, incredibly close to where an 8i bump and run was the call of the day.  Had way too many 3 putts, as there were a number of lip outs.  It was a great day, even if it was in the mid-40's, light northerly winds....

image.thumb.png.7aa4d34d995c6a9867f9592e3d54fe21.png

Shot an 84 today, with a terrible start and finish; +2 penalty for a ball OB on #1, and a horrific 8 on #18. Good thing is that I wasn't even aware I had a chance to beat/tie my personal best of 80 when I melted down on #18, so I didn't feel bad about it until I did my post-round edits on the Shotscope website when I got home. 

Drove the ball well but only managed 11 GIR/nGIR from the good positions I was in off the tee. Had 31 putts today which is about normal, and 2 penalty strokes.

Well, after that 75 on January 23rd, I went 79, 82, 83, 84 80, 81, 74, and today's 82. I think it's just lack of focus. I think maybe I'm just playing too much golf. If I'm having a bad day, I just say, it will be better tomorrow. The 74 was after a 1 day lay-off. Didn't touch a club.

91.  And get this: 41 through 9. Greens were fine - never worse than a 2-putt. ...but the ole H20 got me... (dunked two in a row on 16) Sigh.  Can't wait to get out again!

First round in about two weeks yesterday (albeit just nine holes) and I had some mixed emotions walking off the last hole. On the one hand, I was feeling good about how I had played, but on the other, I was kind of dissatisfied about the final score, mainly because of the eighth hole. 

I topped my tee shot, recovered well, but then took six shots to get down from about 100 yards: two chunked wedge shots, a bunker shot and three putts. A quadruple bogey, which turned what should’ve been a 40 or 41 into a 44. Still not much to sneeze at for me, but it could’ve been a lot better. Here’s my hole by hole:

PAR: 4-4-3-5-4-4-3-4-5—36

SCORE: 4-5-3-5-5-5-4-8-5—44

You can see it’s a pretty good performance apart from the eighth hole. I did have a few birdie looks (the first, third and ninth holes), the shortest being a 6-footer on the third hole. 

I’ve got a tournament at Pinehurst next weekend (my first two-day event), and although we’re playing the blues (just under 7000 on both courses), I’m still super excited about it, and I feel my game is solid right now.

I’ll set up my round today by saying I played #2 yesterday and the day before shooting 83 and 84 respectively.  Yesterday’s wind here was 16-20mph and it was freaking cold.  The wind was actually moving the ball on the greens!  Statistically not good rounds.

Flash forward to today. Played #4, White tees.  Frost delay, but it warmed up nicely to upper forty’s and no wind!  Greens played firm as they initially were frozen in a few spots. But that quickly went away.  To use the word statistically again, what a great day!  Hit 72% of the greens, 79% of my fairways. Only missed 5 greens and got up and down on 3 of them.  So 13 GIR’s and 11 fairways, 33 putts (had  one 3 putt). A tidy 75 on the White tees (6,428 yards).

84 yesterday, followed up with a 77 today. Started out rough with a double bogey on the first hole, followed by a bogey on the second. But then it started coming together, par on the third hole, and birdie on the fourth. One more bogey and birdie, for a 38 on the front. Back was uneventful, 6 pars, 3 bogeys for a 39.

Another 75 today! Played #8, nice day here. Course was fairly dry. Two birdies today. 1st one was on the 565 yard par 5. Almost an Eagle. 3rd shot was a SW from 85 yards, 5 inch putt for birdie.  2nd birdie was on the 10th hole. 387 par 4. Missed the green left, ball spun off leaving about 45 feet from just off the green. Decided to putt and it dropped.
Stats: 11 fairways, 12 GIR’s. 31 putts. 37/38.

I was blessed with a tee time at Oakmont CC last evening. Ok it was on the simulator.... shot a 78 though. Didn’t find Oakmont nearly as difficult as expected. I didn’t break 80 at St. Andrews a couple weeks ago. 

I know it’s just a simulator. I know I’m not breaking 80 at Oakmont. It was fun to play any kind of golf here in Western Pa when the weather outside is in the 20’s!

99 at Trilogy in Gilbert AZ. 8 over through 8 and then carded a quadruple bogey on 9. Overall just1 par, 13 bogeys, 1 double and 3 quads. A duff in the water, a pull hook OB, and a push OB. Need to keep the ball in play and the big numbers off the card. Need better mental focus and positivity to recover and scramble a bit better on those holes. 

Played Pinehurst #2 today.  4 over 76.  Played really well!  As we say after the round it could have been this.... 

Missed very make able putts on 2, 4, 8, 9, 10, 12 and 15! Three were lip outs!  Birdied 5 after I missed the eagle putt, birdied 18 after I hit my nine iron to 3 feet! 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sandy Lie said:

Played Pinehurst #2 today.  4 over 76.  Played really well!  As we say after the round it could have been this.... 

Missed very make able putts on 2, 4, 8, 9, 10, 12 and 15! Three were lip outs!  Birdied 5 after I missed the eagle putt, birdied 18 after I hit my nine iron to 3 feet! 

Wow - looks like that could've been an even greater round!  Congrats on solid play.  

Since my last posting, played another 5 rounds. 80, 81, 85, and then 2 days of Member/Member tournament play. We did come in 3rd in our flight.

Then today, I played 36 holes. I can't remember the last time I played 36.

First 18 shot a 77 (36-41). Front 9, par, par, par, bogey, par, par, birdie, par, par, for an even 36. Back 9, par, par, double bogey, bogey, par, par, bogey, birdie, double bogey, for a 41, for a 77

Second 18 shot a 75 (35-40). Started out birdie, par, par, birdie, par, par, bogey, par, par, for 35. Back started rough, bogey, bogey, par, par, par, bogey, bogey, par, par, for 40.

I'm just happy I survived the 36, and actually I feel great. I'll see if I can get out of bed tomorrow morning.