IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Well 2 straight times out with horrible play. Ripped my drive at 1. After that I hit weak, poorly hit fades with every club on every shot. Was alternating pars and doubles for 6 holes. Putted great and even made a sand save to salvage some respect for the 9 we played but the damage seems to he done mentally. Need to get myself out of this funk.

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played nine holes, and I had an unbelievable start: 4-4-4-4-4. One bogey, one birdie. Even through five, and I lipped out a 15-footer for birdie on the fifth. But my momentum was halted after I took two to get out of a bunker on the sixth and then three-putted. 

I had about a one-footer to save bogey on the seventh, and it caught the edge and spun out. Up and down for par on the eighth hole, and a three-putt for bogey on the last hole gave me a 42 total, which is a pretty good day’s work for me. I did have three three-putts, and they all came on the last four holes. So I should’ve shot 39 or even a 38, but I’m not at all disappointed with a 42. I hit the ball well, so I’m happy.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

2 hours ago, dagolfer18 said:

I played nine holes, and I had an unbelievable start: 4-4-4-4-4. One bogey, one birdie. Even through five, and I lipped out a 15-footer for birdie on the fifth. But my momentum was halted after I took two to get out of a bunker on the sixth and then three-putted. 

I had about a one-footer to save bogey on the seventh, and it caught the edge and spun out. Up and down for par on the eighth hole, and a three-putt for bogey on the last hole gave me a 42 total, which is a pretty good day’s work for me. I did have three three-putts, and they all came on the last four holes. So I should’ve shot 39 or even a 38, but I’m not at all disappointed with a 42. I hit the ball well, so I’m happy.

Glad you got a good nine in before the weather hits later today over in the middle of the state.  Should've gone myself this morning to get nine in as well....oh well maybe another day in Eastern NC.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

2 hours ago, dagolfer18 said:

I had about a one-footer to save bogey on the seventh, and it caught the edge and spun out.

One footer... Ouch 😬

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Had my best scoring round ever today. Played alone and it doesn’t count against my handicap, but shot a 74. Two birdies, 10 pars, 8/14 fairways and 7/18 GIR, but 8 nGIR. 6 up and downs. I hope this continues.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I shot 88 today with one birdie on our #6, par 5. Great wedge from only 3 yards off the green from about 20 yards away from pin into the wind left me only a 4 footer for birdie.

My putting left lots to be desired.

Fairways and Greens,

Frank

After that 87 on Wednesday, I figured here I go again with yesterdays round. Started out double bogey, bogey, double bogey, going +5 in 3 holes.

Then I don't have a clue what happened, but I had pars and one birdie to finish the front for a 40. 2 bogeys, 1 birdie, and 7 pars ont he back for a 37.

Shaved 10 strokes off Wednesday's round. And that was playing in those 20 MPH winds.

On the tee in about an hour.

Edited by Rkrider99
additional info

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

18 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Had my best scoring round ever today. Played alone and it doesn’t count against my handicap, but shot a 74. Two birdies, 10 pars, 8/14 fairways and 7/18 GIR, but 8 nGIR. 6 up and downs. I hope this continues.

Congrats!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Today's round was a respectable 76 (36-40). Started out with a bogey, had a birdie on the 3rd hole, otherwise pars on 7 holes for the even 36. Not really sure what happened on the back 9, other than the wind started kicking up again. 4 bogeys, 5 pars for the 40.

Let's see if I can keep it going for tomorrows round.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Played 18 again today. Shot 80 with 8 GIR, 11/14 fairways hit and 33 putts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fairways and Greens,

Frank

Played 18 today. Shot 87 with 8 GIR, 10/14 fairways hit and 35 putts.

Fairways and Greens,

Frank

A so, so, 80 today. 41-39. We did have to fight the wind again today, and for us, the cold (62 degrees, feels like 60)

Shot 82 today with 14 GIR/nGIR, no penalty strokes, and 29 putts.

Driver was a little off, but they were not severely penal misses, and I only hit it six times a round anyways. Finished with a double / triple which sucked with a chance to break 80 and maybe even beat my personal best 79.

On 18 I hit into a greenside bunker and landed on a downslope with the edge of the bunker restricting my backswing. Didn't get out of the bunker, and left the next one against the lip facing the green, where I could only pop it up and out, 2-3 yards at most. Probably should have gone backwards to the fairway on the first one (not sure what LSW would have said to do).

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Drove poorly. Couldn't hit a fade to save my azz, and this course demanded fades with the pin placements and most fairway shapes/tee locations.  Scrambling to reach greens in one over regulation. Short irons and wedges kept it from being and unmitigated disaster, but it was still fugly. 44-43.

84. 40+44. Back nine got me again.  Very consistent front nine.  Failed to take advantage of a strong south wind on 16 again. 😞  I hit 4 edges with my putts too.  I could easily have been 2-3 shots better - was a decent round for me.

Proud of the score I shot Sunday. Not often I feel the need for a hole by hole recap but this round may be worthy. 
1. 2 putt par. Good 2 putt from where I was with long uphill birdie putt. Made a short one that could have been 3 putt territory. Feel good about the start.

2. Lengthy wait to tee off as it’s a long par 3 and the frost delay had many groups backed up. Enough time to talk myself into a 5 iron as opposed to the 6 initially picked. Bailed out right and managed to leave myself a chance at par. Hit a good putt that stayed out tho. +1 through 2 isn’t bad. Feeling good so far. 
3. Slipped on the tee shot. Luckily the low heeled driver left me a bit of a choke down 9 yardage. Solid 2nd and 2 putts for par. Still ok for day.

4. This is where it went bad. Poorly hit driver. Weak fade high right. Left behind a tree. Hit tree square with the stinger 4 I tried to hit under. Lost a few yards. Bailed out right on my 3rd. Wedge on and 2 putts for double. That stung. Anger level rising. +3.

5. Nice 7 iron dumb ass. Fat and short on a par 3 you normally have little issue with. Chip from no mans land to a front pin no green to work with. Blew chip way by. Blew the par putt way by. Lucky to make the comebacker... but at least I salvaged a 4. That could have been a 5. Only +4 could have been worse.

6. Where did my ball striking go? Low heeled driver. Over cut the 7 iron in and missed right. Had a shot at 4 but missed the putt. +5 through 6.... Anger level rising. 

7. 8 iron off the tee leaves me a miss left with impossible flop over a tree. My only chance is land short and run off the hill onto green and trickle close. Prob land the flop a foot short. Stays in the rough just short. Manage to get up and down for 4. +6 considering the liquid THC my buddy is drinking as a mood stabilizer as I’m getting a bit hot now.

8. Started to find it a little here. Not the best drive but I’ve only got a 60 yard SW left. This is drivable tho so not my best effort. Did flip the wedge inside of 10 feet. Drain the putt for 3 and back to 5 over. 

9. Short lived success. Good drive. Chubby 9 iron short. Chip and 2 putts. Bogey and disgusted with one self for a +6 front side. Ugly.

10. Confidence booster hammered drive. Unfortunately cooked the gap wedge deep left of green and have a very difficult down hill bender of a chip. Hit it with a flat 56 and hit it near perfect. Made the short par and great up and down. Here is where my round gets better.

11. Hit a solid drive. Par 5.... hit a 3 wood at it for my 2nd. Hit the front of green and a long look at 3. Ho hum 2 putt birdie. Bit happier now.

12. Short lived happiness. Drive behind a tree right. There aren’t many places to leave yourself behind trees here. I’ve now found 2. Basically laid up short to 60. Dropped a wedge in to 2 inches and tap in par. Ok still one under on back and 2 of those pars I feel I stole. Grinding....

13. Fat 7 again. Hit the 2nd on and 2 putt. Ball striking seems to have vanished on any club outside of a wedge. 

14. solid lay up off the tee. Blind 2nd up hill with a gap wedge. Feel like it’s good. Get up the hill and it’s 6ft. Made the putt. Ok back to one under for the back.

15. par 3 hit the green. 2 putts par.

16. Pulled drive. Ok tho. Wedge into 6ft. Should have had that one. Still an easy 4. Even on back.

17. Another pulled drive. Miserable side hill lie with a huge clump behind the ball. I can hardly advance it. 3rd front left just off. Ridiculously crazy bender for 4. Did very well to make a 12 footer to save a 5. 

18. Good drive. Should have just laid up. Hero shot 3 wood into the hazard right. Drop hit 4th on and make 6. One over on the back and felt like the 7 over I shot for the day could have been way worse. Left the course feeling ok about the day. Take away the 5 over stretch of 4 holes on the front and showed some signs of life. Putter was good and inside of 100 played well. If I can start hitting greens I should be in business. Hit 7 yesterday. By mid year I’ll be at 12-14 a round and if my short game is anything like it was yesterday I’ll be in business. Felt good to shoot a half decent score without really having any ball striking.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Played a tournament on Saturday after at least a month of zero golf. And that to with my dad's old clubs (around 35 year old irons). Had a pretty decent front 9. Two unnecessary 3 putts which led to double bogeys but still 7 over.  Should have been 5 over.  Both missed putts inside 5 feet and probably like 2 or 3 feet that I managed to miss.

Then a break for a second breakfast because one of the group hadn't eaten, and I foolishly ate again.  Full stomach and break in my rhythm/momentum was a killer.  Somehow managed to hit a ball OB and the repeat of that shot was onto the green.  That triple bogey was still OK.  Followed that up with a par and then managed to make a mess of the next two holes.  First I sliced it so wide that I wound up in a green side bunker two fairways away. Then I duffed the shot out of the bunker to the other green side bunker and duffed the shot out of there. Finally wound up with a quadruple.  The next is a short par 3 and managed a double thanks to an OB. After that my game kinda fell apart a bit with one or two pars in between. 20 something over but kinda lost track 🤢😡

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball