IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot 69 today, only missed one green and that was by a couple of feet. Putter has been letting me down big time as I had three 3-putts. This was my second round in a row that my ball striking has been superb and my putter hasn't. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Reached the point where golf just isn’t fun anymore. Over the last several weeks the swing has deteriorated into blading and topping wedges. Some of the shots I consider myself very good at are now in my head so bad I can’t get them airborne. Had about 3-4 of them Friday. Yesterday I start out par, bogey and not playing bad and then on 3 the nitemare came back. Sat back on the drive and hit into a waste area. Punch out and then 3 wedges to get on from 100. Come back and absolutely smoke a drive at 4 and from dead center of the fairway 102 to center I blade a 52 over the green. Packed up and went home. The frustration level is at a level higher than its ever been. It’s not a swing problem per se since one the range I can stripe every club in the bag over and over. My problem is that once i warm up and come to the course I can’t bring the range swing with me. I got a range pass with the membership so I have been warming up more. Going to go back to the old 7-10 ball quick warm up I used to do and hope that works. Otherwise I’m ready to leave the clubs sit for a while instead of going out and struggling over and over.

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

I finally broke 90 fir the first time yesterday! Shot an 89! I think that I finally figured out how to hit my driver! Being able to keep my drives in play is a complete game changer! Only 2 lost balls penalties, from bad drives. Thanks to LSW. I've landed 6 GIRs and 9 nGIRs!  Made it all the way to 13, before I missed my first GIR/nGIR. Only had 1 7, thanks to a 3 putt. I hope to be a mid 80s players by the end of the summer!

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Dunit507 said:

Reached the point where golf just isn’t fun anymore. Over the last several weeks the swing has deteriorated into blading and topping wedges. Some of the shots I consider myself very good at are now in my head so bad I can’t get them airborne. Had about 3-4 of them Friday. Yesterday I start out par, bogey and not playing bad and then on 3 the nitemare came back. Sat back on the drive and hit into a waste area. Punch out and then 3 wedges to get on from 100. Come back and absolutely smoke a drive at 4 and from dead center of the fairway 102 to center I blade a 52 over the green. Packed up and went home. The frustration level is at a level higher than its ever been. It’s not a swing problem per se since one the range I can stripe every club in the bag over and over. My problem is that once i warm up and come to the course I can’t bring the range swing with me. I got a range pass with the membership so I have been warming up more. Going to go back to the old 7-10 ball quick warm up I used to do and hope that works. Otherwise I’m ready to leave the clubs sit for a while instead of going out and struggling over and over.

I did that a few weeks ago.  Just packed my clubs and left the course.  
I’ve been trying to get a nee driver in play and it messed up my swing.  Put the old one back in the bag and the fun is back.  

Shot a 77 on Friday.

Played our clubs annual Spring Scramble on Saturday. Front 9 was interesting: par, birdie, par, birdie, par, birdie, par, birdie, par, for a 32. We knew 4 under wasn't going to cut it. Moved to the back 9: par, birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie, par, par, for a 30, 10 under. Beat out by a 14 under, but was good enough to take second place.

Got rained out yesterday, but shot a 79 today.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

12 hours ago, gjunkie57 said:

I did that a few weeks ago.  Just packed my clubs and left the course.  
I’ve been trying to get a nee driver in play and it messed up my swing.  Put the old one back in the bag and the fun is back.  

After sitting down and cooling off and thinking I am pretty sure I’m letting the ball creep up too much toward center in my setup with my wedges. Hopefully put the ball back in the stance and hammer a couple will fix the wedge yips and restore the confidence. 

• Like 1

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

New personal best! Wasn't doing anything crazy just was actually able to execute every shot I tried fairly well. Realistically could have had 3-4 more birdies but I putted really well and short game overall was pretty solid. This might have been my best day ever off the tee. Not necessarily distance wise but staying out of trouble and positioning was very good, I feel like I navigated the course well. Only had 1 hole where I didn't have a legit look at the green. I only had 9 GIR but had 15-16 NGIR (not sure of what constitutes an NGIR really but I only had 3 holes (10, 15, 17) where I was more than 10 yards off the green. Still am yet to break par even over 9 holes but today was great and a lot of fun it's nice to feel like you're actually playing golf instead of just desperately hoping the ball goes in the general direction you're aiming lol

image.thumb.png.45ea7689e19702db578af2fa02a59018.png

image.thumb.png.bb43dadf45fdc75dc803bfd208a62475.png

• Like 1

Two nine hole days so far this week: 

YESTERDAY: Played the back nine from the blues yesterday but didn’t really keep score, just sort of a practice round where I hit two or more balls on a few holes. I did par the tenth and eighteenth holes playing my first ball though, which I was happy with. I hit it pretty well too.

TODAY: Same deal as yesterday, but this was a scoring round that I played with two buddies. I only managed to shoot 49, but I hit it just as well, if not better, than yesterday. I parred the long 16th hole after topping my second, but that was the only par I made. There was also a little bit of gambling going!

The 13th hole is a long and narrow par 4. I almost never hit driver there and I just play to make bogey. One of my buddies, seeing me pull out my three wood, laid a bet. He said if I made a five after hitting the three wood off the tee, he’d give me $5. If I somehow made par, he’d give me $20. I pushed my tee shot a bit right but hit two solid shots onto the green, albeit about 30 feet out and with a lightning-fast downhill putt. I hit a good putt but watched it roll six feet past the hole. Barely missed the follow up putt for bogey and $5.

We’re playing Falls Village tomorrow, so expect to hear from me again!

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

• Administrator

72 at Tam O'Shanter in PA. It's only a 70.4 course, but it was FIRM. And it's always very, very narrow.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My buddy and are starting Tuesday night league next week so we went yesterday same time as a warm up. Plus I’ve been playing poorly I hit it pretty well. Outside of a blades flop shot from a tight lie I had no business even trying I didn’t mishit anything. I hit my best driver ever at 1. Dumped a hybrid into green side bunker but got out and left myself a birdie I could make. Didn’t make it, or anything on the greens but I didn’t hit poor putts. Nothing would fall. Short birdies at 1, 3, 5 felt like on most days I make at least 1 or 2. Missed a short par after a great chip at 4. Most days I’ll make a couple of those tho and my score is better than the 4 over side I posted. Team best ball we had net of 1 under. Gonna need to find a few more shots to be competitive in the league but at least I had a confidence booster of an evening and swing was respectable as compared to the disaster I brought out the las few times out.

• Like 1

First night of league and shot a whopping 54 on 9 holes!  Last week my driver was crap and I was great from the fairway and on the green.  Yesterday I was great with the driver but stunk on all other shots.  The two key positives were: 1) only took 1 penalty and that was when I bladed my approach shot over the green into a waste area.  Not a single drop because of a bad tee shot.  Not that every tee shot was great, just none so bad they resulted in a drop.  2) My driver came alive.  I hit 3 of 6 fairways and all shots were longer than normal.  Without my GameGolf I will need to estimate and my best drive was on a 398 yard par 4 where my drive left me just 125 from the pin.  The tees may have been in front of the markers, I did not pay attention, so my guess is somewhere between 250 and 273.   The three fairways missed were all missed to the right.  Given a somewhat consistent miss will help me figure it out.  I may simply aim left to account for it but also I know the drills I am to do to stop pushing the shots right.   I had 21 putts including four 3-putts which was disappointing.  No GIR or nGIR which is evidence of how bad my irons & wedges were.  For some reason I was not rotating my hands and striking the ball with a very open club-face. 

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Hopefully turned a corner with my struggling golf game. Blew off the afternoon of work to play a round. I hit the ball better than the score indicates. It was a howling wind all day and a couple times the wind got the best of me. The good I hit 9 greens and made 10 pars. The bad was 4 doubles tho but I attribute some of that to the wind. What gives me hope is that my ball striking was good and consistent. I can handle missing a green with a wedge. It’s going to happen.... but blading a wedge over the green from 100 drives me absolutely nuts and there was none of those kind of misses today. Again I didn’t really make any putts unfortunately. Par save at 16 from just off the fringe was the only one that fell but I hit a lot of really good putts that managed to stay out. All things considered I’m at least back to the point where I have confidence in my golf swing and know that it’s only a matter of time until I am back to the form I had the end of last season when i shot a round under par and my bad days would be 79.

We played Falls Village today, and it was a fun round! My dad and I decided on the blue tees, my brother played the whites. I’ll put the scorecard below. 
EBA0C5C1-DB8A-4B54-A82C-D38FFBB37A2B.thumb.jpeg.4e5d14055b96deb798bc4f15efa22a7d.jpeg

The back nine destroyed all of us, with me posting 48 and my dad 52 (we didn’t keep my bro’s score upon his request, but he didn’t play well with the exception of a birdie on the second hole and a par on the sixth).

Of the 14 holes I could’ve hit driver on, I only took out the big stick on five of them. In fact, I only missed three fairways, all of which were with the driver. But I can’t complain too much. I played pretty well on a difficult golf course off the blue tees. And I putted well except for one hole. It was definitely a good day! 

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

42 (6 over) on back 9. 1 birdie, 2 pars, couple bogies, couple doubles.
wasted 2 drives of260+ because my left hand leaves the club face wide open!!!!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Shot my personal best yesterday: a 78...on an easy course, but still, a 6.9 differential...almost 10 better than my index.  A really fun day!

• Like 1

- John

After shooting scores in the mid to high 80's over the last week, I was seriously considering hanging up the clubs for a while and trying to get my head screwed back on straight. I sort of lost my desire for the game. Well, I think my clubs heard me, and I ended up shooting a 1 over 73 yesterday. 3 birdies, 4 bogeys, and 11 pars.

Why do I love this game so much?

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Shot 91 today (86 ESC), but it was one of the stranger 91s I've shot. I had three really horrendous holes, where I was +11. The rest of the round was pretty good. I had 14 nGIR/GIR, 2 penalty strokes, and 33 putts.

Ball striking was improved today after a few sketchy weeks. Usually with 14 nGIR/GIR, I score pretty well. Still had a some full swing misses, which is not unheard of. Contact and low point control were good, but start line/curve need work.

Short game was not good today. I had a triple bogey on a par-3 where I was pin-high, about 3 yards off the green, and I bladed a chip over the green into a bunker, then two shots to get out of the bunker just short of the fringe, and another shot to get on the green, and then a putt.

Both penalty strokes came on a single hole from deflections off tree branches into a penalty area. A bit of bad luck, but it was also my own fault for being in a spot where the branches were in play.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

F: 5/7

GIR: 4/9

putts: 18.     SGP: (-1.28)

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny