IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

41-41-82 

With two triple bogies. Unfortunately I was playing even up in a Senior club championship game (match play) with a guy whose handicap is 6 shots lower than mine and I couldn't afford any mistakes, but I made three big ones. I had it even thru 10 holes and took him to the 16th hole, losing 3 and 2. I drove it great and only missed two fairways but he was consistently 50 yards past me. My improved iron game kept me in it but those three mistakes cost me big time. But I am glad that my recent scores have bene closer to 80 than 90 and I see a score in the 70's in my sights. Pretty good for an old fart.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

95 again today (48/47).  Thinking if the driver had held out on the last 4 drives like it did on the first 10, it would have been a few strokes lower.  Noticed I started popping it up and tons of backspin.  Thinking it was mostly due to fatigue as it was stifling hot and sticky today and I was getting lazy on the last few holes.  Takeaways for the day - played with limited clubs (D - 3h - 5i - 7i - 9i - SW - P) as I shared my bag with the Missus (D - 5h - 7i - SW - P) - centered on hitting fairways with the driver, betting putting (not great, just better) and course management focus.  No great stats - 7/14 on fairways hit, 2 GIR and 2 more nGIR, several holes where 1 putts were the call.   We had our grandson and as we planned to ride three up in the cart, it was easier to pare down than to stuff three (3) bags on the cart.  Meant more game management for me, figuring the better way to play the hole.  Love these rounds as they work the ol' mental state.  Definitely not boring golf.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Last two 9-hole rounds from vacation:

7/12: Played from the tips (3362 yds) and shot 43. Had 7 GIR/nGIR, 12 putts, and 3 penalty strokes. Headed into the final hole with a chance to break 40, but totally bungled it. First tee ball OB (+2), thinned approach left and over the green into red staked hazard (+1), dropped and hit a squirrely chip onto fringe, putted onto green, and then a putt to finish for a snowman.

7/13: Moved up one tee box (3281 yds) and shot 40. Had 8 GIR/nGIR, 13 putts, and no penalty strokes. Had a chip in birdie on the 5th hole, and birdied the 9th after scoring 6-6 on the 7th and 8th holes. The 6 on the par-4 8th hole was particularly bad; after a nGIR, it took 3 pitches to get on the green (all good lies) and 1 putt to finish. The birdie on the 9th was a nice way to finish my vacation; nice tee shot with 3h to the left center of fairway, approach with GW to just over 2 paces from the hole (6-7 ft), and drained the putt.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

My brother and I played Falls Village today. I played blues, he played whites. I was +9 through 6 with two triples, but I went +1 the last three holes on the side to shoot 46. He hit the ball really well on the front and shot 51 with a nine on the par-4 eighth.

Then on the back I shot a 44 finishing with three pars and a double, making for a 90 total. My brother parred the tenth but struggled the last eight holes. He ended up shooting 115.

We played on punched greens today. I chipped really well on em, but I couldn’t make a putt to save my life. Oh well. But I did have one major highlight.

The ninth hole is a 490-yard double dogleg par 5. I bombed a drive down tente middle and I only had about 220 in. Because I’m apparently starting to hit draws now, and there was a tree on the left side, I decided to try and draw it. Pulled it off and ended up about five feet short of the green. Didn’t make the up and down but I played the hole well.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Played in a N wind right on the St Clair River about 1.5 miles S of the Bluewater Bridge. Wind wasn't horrible, but 1-2 clubs all day.  I started out with a string of double bogies till the back loosened up. shot a 46 on the front, despite my starting to crush the driver on hole 5. back side, my driving was excellent, hitting one right up the pipe 270 into the teeth of the wind. A couple longer downwind and in the short grass. unfortunately the new irons havent been figured out, and they really may not be for me.. I cant figure out how to keep the ball under the wind with the T300s.  I always played forgings and these game improvement clubs may be improving my game too much. lol.anyhow I scraped out a 42 on the back with a lot of  missed greens. 

Started from 10 today thanks to a crowd on the course.  Bit slow as a two ball and stuck behind two slow four balls and passing wasn't an option.  Still an OK round

Bogey x 2, Par x 3, bogey x 2, par, bogey x 4, par, bogey, par x 2, bogey, par.

Quite a few decent holes and for some reason the slow pace seemed to help today, when it normally doesn't.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Sugar Hill Golf Club - 69.1/129 - Front Nine - 2968 yds. - Par 36

Started off on the 474 yard par five second hole, and nearly got on in two.  Then I managed to double bogey the hole by flubbing my pitch, and leaving my third short of the green.  Made a mess of the putts.  Moved on, and played the remainder of the round with four bogeys and four pars.  I managed a par on the fifth hole, which has been a thorn in my side forever, and finished the round with two straight pars.  I hit six out of seven fairways, and hit, or was near, every green in regulation.  I hit the ball very straight, and even the missed fairway was a straight shot, I just hit it thin and was short of the fairway.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Inconsistent ball striking and managed to scramble and grind it out to post a score. 9 holes of league play. At one, par 5 I hit an awful hybrid 2nd and then recovered with a glorious 4 iron from a shade over 200 to the center of green to allow me to make a par. Catch a stroke at 1 so I met a bird despite not playing the hole well.

at 2, long par 3 I hit a miserable 5 iron. Hit it so poorly it didn’t even make the hazard short of the green. I then, from 71 stuck a 56 to 2 feet and made par. Once again I’m getting a stroke so another net birdie. Haven’t seen a par/par start that ugly in quite a while.

3 I missed right from 125 and got up and down.

4 I need 153 to a back pin for my 2nd with ball above my feet. Hit a slightly choked down 8 iron about a yard too deep into back left rough. Hit by chip into the fringe. Wanted to carry it over to the green and run it down further. First true blemish. +1 and it feels like a +5 the way I’ve been playing.

5 the hits keep coming. Easy par 3 but I blade a 9 iron way deep right to a front left pin. Chip from the heavy cabbage to a foot tho and salvage a 3. Never understood how, as a 3 HCP for 9 this hole is the 3rd hcp hole. I carded a net 2 there and back to 2 under net with a 1 over gross.

6 is another poor right miss off tee. I’m hitting a 6 iron blind. Came in a little low and hot and scooted through. End up making a bogey.

7 the pin is back and I’m hitting an 8 iron trying to get to the top shelf with that back pin. I hit a good one and actually got it up there next to the pin. Birdie putt had no chance. Never online. Made 3.

8 is a short par 4 and I drilled one. Was maybe 20 yards to the front. I bladed my chip tho. I was 25 feet for birdie. 2 putt for par.

9 I had a 8 iron from heavy rough and it came out low and left and barely caught the front. 2 putt par. Ended up carding a 2 over side and -1 with the 3 stokes I get. Seriously feel like I was 10 over with how many shots I hit poorly. 

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Shot a 52 at league (It was nine-holes just so nobody thinks I am bragging).  Should have been much better but too often a good shot was wasted by the next bad shot.  I know I need more practice but I am thinking it may also be an issue between my ears.  I went to the range ahead of the round and was striking the ball very well.  8 of 10 shots were basically on line and reasonable distances with Driver, 3H, 7i and PW.  Then I get to the course and I am pulling the driver left on 4 of 6 holes, topping my hybrids and shanking my irons.  It was frurstrating.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Shot 83, 41/42, my lowest round ever. No 7’s on the scorecard!

Everything was clicking for me.  No blow-up holes, no lost balls, no penalty shots. One of those magical days!

• Like 1

Shot an 88 on a [relatively] short, 5500-yard par-70 course I hadn't played before.  Some of that was poor shots on my part, some of that was experience ("don't miss there" sort of thing), but I also had five threes during the day, so that was neat. 

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Well, after 14 consecutive rounds in the 70’s and 18 of my last 20 and what’s really annoying is after I shot a 76 on Course #2 I played the Green tees on Course #1 and shot 80.  10 fairways, 8 GIR’s 3 putted 3 times, skulled a chip shot on a par5 for a six.

Why is it when I play a short course I play poorly?  Good news is my buddy shot a 66 and we won our Men’s League today!  Yes, he has a sore back!

• Like 1

91 today (47 / 44) course is Par 71.  Started rough w/triple on 1, then 3 bogies in a row before par on 4.  Rest of the round was mostly bogies with only 2 double bogies and a par on the back for good measure.  There were a lot of putts for par that wound up bogie - these were more about the rough shape of the greens, totally unpredictable on the ball path. I had 4 putts that should have rolled in stop 1” or less from the hole.  No excuses, just a tough day on the greens.  Had 4 GIR’s with at least 3 more nGIR - most consistent day of ball striking ever.  I really think my playing partner was the key, my loving bride.  She and I had a joyous, peaceful afternoon of golf….beat round ever. 

Edited by WillieT
Typo

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

I had a 12 hole stretch where I played at 4 under. I broke my personal best with 5 birdies (2 rounds after setting my best at 4). I had a 13 hole stretch where I hit 12/13 GIR....... I also had 2 three putts and 2 hossle shanks both with my 50 degree. That stretch was my best stretch of golf ever and it felt easy like it's what I should be doing, it wasn't fluky. Outside of that stretch though it was really the 2 hossle shanks (on holes 16 & 18) and a couple bad putts and chips that wrecked the round. I'm close to putting it all together last 3 rounds I've shot 75-74-75 have been working on my putting more than usual and that has helped but the way I ended this round after being 1 under with 4 to play was super depressing.

image.thumb.png.485606f6f731a5a50d00c982e9bd3655.png

image.thumb.png.acc0f7a893cc88df1852038ab0fb0a98.png

image.png.a36c0c32fcfaa61e671161f40bae8e06.png

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 4:44 PM, RFKFREAK said:

After back to back 113's, shot a 100 today.  Front was filled with bogeys and double bogeys, back started great with two pars and a birdie.  Then i shot 17 over on the closing 6 holes, including a 9 on a par 4 which started with me pulling my tee shot OB with my 3W and taking an unplayable on my approach shot which was a wedge i also pulled.  Here's the scorecard.

PXL_20210714_203842124.MP.jpg

Played this course today and shot a 98.  Only 2 GIRs, 3 pars, and 2 penalty strokes.  Short game and putting were a mess.  Had been battling a hook which i off the top of my head I only hit one of and 3W off the tee worked well the three times i hit it.  Feeling good overall even though my score doesn't reflect it.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Pretty good round today.

Bogey, par x 4, bogey, par, bogey x 3, par x 4, bogey, par, bogey x 2.  One of those days when my ball striking was on and most of these pars are GIR and 2 putts.  One or two were up and downs, but happy with the day.💃

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

41-39-80

Excruciatingly close to one of my annual goals of breaking 80. I made two early doubles but birdied a difficult 238 yard par 3 on the front. I missed the green on the two par 3's on the back and made bogie on both holes. That was the difference as they can be had with one good mid-iron. But I am very encouraged with my game. I had a soft cap a couple of weeks ago but that is gone and 3 of my last 4 scores are the lowest of the season. Many thanks to my club professional for his guidance. 

Bill M

A friend and I played in a four-ball tournament and the best we could do is 85. The course is a very difficult lbut none the less we just couldn't get it together.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080